1071 replies to this topic

#1061 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,499 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Going to get Abe Lincoln Vampire Killer for ipad on my flight home tonight. Anyone see and or recommend?

I enjoyed it a lot actually......it wasn't too goofy and told a story which just sounded to be total absurdity and did it in a very credible and believable way.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#1062 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

finally the trailer for RoboCop 

I confess i'm on the hype train because the director is brazilian, and mostly because the last two movies of him were brilliant, seriously if you haven't watched "Elite Squad 1" and "Elite Squad 2: enemy Within" , do yourself  a favor go on the link below pay four bucks and watch the first movie  porra!!

http://www.amazon.co...v_dp_gtv_hd_sib

if  you did not like the movie for whatever reason go to a hospital take a MRI scam cause you probably have brain tumor...

Now the second one is even easier to watch Both Netflix and Amazon Prime have the title for free.

Of course my hype took a dive straight dow to  a pile a sh!t, when i was announced the studio decided to make the movie as PG-13 rated, after that rumors startin circulating that Padilha wasn't so happy doing the movie because he didn't have much "creative liberty". 

But after watching the trailer i kind regained the hype i lost, of course the movie isn't gonna be as good as the original, but is not gonna a bad remake either.

So this my take on this movies.

And watch the freakign goddam movies i cited already...

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1063 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

finally the trailer for RoboCop 

I confess i'm on the hype train because the director is brazilian, and mostly because the last two movies of him were brilliant, seriously if you haven't watched "Elite Squad 1" and "Elite Squad 2: enemy Within" , do yourself  a favor go on the link below pay four bucks and watch the first movie  porra!!

http://www.amazon.co...v_dp_gtv_hd_sib
 if  you did not like the movie for whatever reason go to a hospital take a MRI scam cause you probably have brain tumor...

Now the second one is even easier to watch Both Netflix and Amazon Prime have the title for free.

Of course my hype took a dive straight dow to  a pile a sh!t, when i was announced the studio decided to make the movie as PG-13 rated, after that rumors startin circulating that Padilha wasn't so happy doing the movie because he didn't have much "creative liberty". 
But after watching the trailer i kind regained the hype i lost, of course the movie isn't gonna be as good as the original, but is not gonna a bad remake either.

So this my take on this movies.

And watch the freakign goddam movies i cited already...

It looks ok, kind of getting sick of these remakes though, the original looks better, not a fan of the car bomb either........

Went to see "We are the Millers" yesterday, and it was better than i expected, i thought the trailer might have all the best moments but actually there is a lot of funny stuff in that movie. Well worth a watch if you dont want to be challenged and just want a laugh and to relax.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 06 September 2013 - 07:11 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1064 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,932 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

I just want to recommend The Grandmaster for any kung-fu fans out there. It does have subtitles but I thought it was awesome.

#1065 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

I saw Blue Jasmine tonight. Thought it was very good. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1066 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

RoboCop was badass enough to not need a reboot, but the trailer looks pretty sick. And the guy playing Murphy is tremendous in The Killing, so I'm pretty excited about that casting choice.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1067 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

RoboCop was badass enough to not need a reboot, but the trailer looks pretty sick. And the guy playing Murphy is tremendous in The Killing, so I'm pretty excited about that casting choice.

Any Paul Verhoeven movie is fantastic.  If you ever watch any of his movies check to see if he is doing commentary as he is always great on those as well.

He once was asked why does his movies have so much blood.  His response was basically that when a person is shot multiple times in the body there will always be blood squirting all over the place so why not?

#1068 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

The dark humor is what made the original Robocop a classic. Hard to see a reboot being able to repeat that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel, 09 September 2013 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1069 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

The dark humor is what made the original Robocop a classic. Hard to see a reboot being able to repeat that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

59abc778d2be574f01ce1fad55e187556227e6c7

Gets me every time.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1070 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

59abc778d2be574f01ce1fad55e187556227e6c7

Gets me every time.

I'd buy that for a dollar!!

#1071 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just watched miracle for the first time... what a good movie
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1072 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

It looks ok, kind of getting sick of these remakes though, the original looks better, not a fan of the car bomb either........

Went to see "We are the Millers" yesterday, and it was better than i expected, i thought the trailer might have all the best moments but actually there is a lot of funny stuff in that movie. Well worth a watch if you dont want to be challenged and just want a laugh and to relax.

The car bomb thing i'm pretty sure is  courtesy of the PG-13 rating...

Also a few months ago i watched " The Last Gladiators" i was quite surprise because i was expecting a documentary that pointed the finger to hockey because of the "Violence" of the sport, But the first part of the documentary felt like a tribute for the enforcer/fighter/goon. even glorifying the their role on the team.

The second part was just on Nilan's downfall and trying to get his life back together, and again i was surprised that they didn't point the finger on hockey and state that his role as fighter was the sole culprit of Nilan's problems, of course they suggest that hockey was played a part on his fall from grace, but for me there is big difference in suggesting and stating...

Finally i enjoyed even more the documentary because i only been watching hockey for four years and i still learning the history of hockey.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users