39 replies to this topic

#21 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Did he actually answer the Tikkanen question? I've always wondered what happened there myself.

Nah. His reply was, more or less, "I appreciate your support and suggestions, but on the other hand I have a letter from another fan who feels the exact opposite as you. Please have faith in the team's management to do the best we can to put a winning team on the ice," or something along those lines. I was just excited to get a reply.

Although I've since heard rumors that it had something to do with Tikkanen not adhering to the team's dress code on the road or something. The guy must have looked like a slob.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 gotbrodeur

gotbrodeur

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

What is the email address? Where can i find it?
Posted Image
of Marty's 552 win game net

Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."- Martin Brodeur

#23 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

What is the email address? Where can i find it?

For Lou? I don't want to give it out, but email Devils management and if you're lucky you'll get a response..

mgmt@newjerseydevils.com

:evil:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#24 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm bumping this thread up because I want to write a letter to Lou Lamoriello but I couldn't find his PO box online and I couldn't find any old threads on this forum that had his PO box or email address.

I know a number of people on NJDEVS have written both emails and snail mail to him so I was wondering someone could inbox me with Lou's contact info, it would be greatly appreciated. Go Devils!

Posted Image

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

I wrote to the generic Devils office address and put Lou Lamoriello C/O New Jersey Devils.

devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41807

Mailing Address: New Jersey Devils Prudential Center 165 Mulberry St. Newark, NJ 07102

That should do it. Make sure to write one copy by hand for him.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#26 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

I saw this thread and was like "wait I posted this?" haha thanks for the trip down memory lane.. Totally forgot that Lou had emailed me

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

If they were getting hate mail after '09 I shudder to think how much more they were getting during the nadir of 2010.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Many years ago I wrote Lou a letter asking him to retire Daneyko's number and he wrote me back saying to be patient and gave the letter to Daneyko who showed up at my work with the letter himself to say thank you in person.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#29 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for all of your info guys! I can assure you all that this isn't hate mail, I'd never do that to Mr. Lamoriello (Unless he trades Elias).

I'll be sure to write the letter out by hand as well as type it and I'll let you all see the response if I get one, thanks again.

P.S. I haven't been on this forum in a while, at least a year, it feels good to be back on a forum and having real, thought out conversations instead of having discussions via facebook statuses with other Devils fans.

Posted Image

#30 thighway

thighway

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Cool

#31 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

pretty cool man, is kind of cool that they take the time to write back to fans to show that the organization appreciates our support
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#32 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

I wrote to the generic Devils office address and put Lou Lamoriello C/O New Jersey Devils.
devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41807
Mailing Address: New Jersey Devils Prudential Center 165 Mulberry St. Newark, NJ 07102
That should do it. Make sure to write one copy by hand for him.

Also don't forget to include the free sandwich at panera voucher.

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Am I the only one who gets a little pissed off at the idea of the Devils receiving hate mail after a bad loss?

I mean, sure, we're all disappointed.  But who the hell thinks to themselves "You know what would make this whole situation better?  If I wrote management, which had no direct control over what happened on the ice, a real nasty letter.  That'd show em!".

People are so stupid sometimes.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 10 July 2013 - 07:30 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

wait a minute... Lou knows how to use a computer ?!?

www.SterioDesign.com

#35 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I got a letter from him in the mail when I applied for ticket salesman. Not enough experience. And then I got a job in guest services as an usher a few months later. I met him 3 times in the building. He gave me a funny look one time when he saw me walking with a wheel chair and asked if it was for yogi who was coming to a game, and I asked who, and he goes "yogi berra...played baseball....". But my neighbors name is yogi too :(

Devils.

#36 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I got a letter from him in the mail when I applied for ticket salesman. Not enough experience. And then I got a job in guest services as an usher a few months later. I met him 3 times in the building. He gave me a funny look one time when he saw me walking with a wheel chair and asked if it was for yogi who was coming to a game, and I asked who, and he goes "yogi berra...played baseball....". But my neighbors name is yogi too :(

HAHAHA. That could be an entire Seinfeld episode right there. Unfortunately I think that means you'd have to be George.

#37 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Many years ago I wrote Lou a letter asking him to retire Daneyko's number and he wrote me back saying to be patient and gave the letter to Daneyko who showed up at my work with the letter himself to say thank you in person.

This is nuts, crazy awesome

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#38 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

LOL talk about awkward.. if you dont mind me asking ive always wondered what the ushers got paid? along with like the people who pour beer at the stands.. couldnt imagine it being much
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#39 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

LOL talk about awkward.. if you dont mind me asking ive always wondered what the ushers got paid? along with like the people who pour beer at the stands.. couldnt imagine it being much

I get $12. I like to see it as one shift a month pays my phone bill. 3 shifts pays my phone bill and car insurance, and so on. So for me it's just a bill paying job and not a living expense. Most of the employees count on it as their only means of income. I don't know what the beer people get paid, that's a whole separate thing. Theres guest services (me) run by the devils themselves, then theres food, security, and cleanup that are all separate.

Devils.

#40 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

That is crazy.  How soon before the actual retiring of the jersey was this?  Was it a matter of retiring it before Stevens?  I know a lot of people that would have liked 3 before 4 because he was a lifetime Devil.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users