70 replies to this topic

#1 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

Hey guys.. I'm looking to work on my stick handling so does anyone know of a ice rink in northern NJ that has open stick time for people to come in and not play hockey, but just pass a puck around and work on stick handling? Thanks

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#2 J0llyR0ger

J0llyR0ger

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

Hey guys.. I'm looking to work on my stick handling so does anyone know of a ice rink in northern NJ that has open stick time for people to come in and not play hockey, but just pass a puck around and work on stick handling? Thanks

I don't know how close this is but I've been going to Protech Ponds in Somerville, NJ and the Open hockey on Friday mornings is great because no one is usually there. Me and my buddy both just started Ice Hockey and it's great to practice shooting and just getting used to all your gear and such, and we also bring his little 5 year old brother who wants to be a goalie and help him practice.
Posted Image

#3 section227

section227

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Princeton Sports Arena has several times each week.

#4 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Try Skylands in Stockholm. Stick and Puck is listed under youth hockey but some of the guys I play open hockey with there said adults go too.

http://www.skylandsi...outh_Hockey.htm

You should also go to open hockey there during the day on a weekday. Hardly anyone goes and you have the ice almost all to yourself to work on stuff.

http://www.skylandsi...dult_Hockey.htm
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

Sweet.. Thanks! Now I just need full equipment (only have the helmet and gloves).. I'll just sell a kidney!! haha

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#6 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

you could come play on foot/blades with us too if you wanted :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#7 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

you could come play on foot/blades with us too if you wanted :P

Yeah?

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:26 AM

Yeah?

Yeah!
How far are you from the Short Hills/Milburn area?

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

Yeah!
How far are you from the Short Hills/Milburn area?

I'm in Caldwell, so the same county as Millburn

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

I'm in Caldwell, so the same county as Millburn

then you should show up Tuesday!

#11 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

Sweet.. Thanks! Now I just need full equipment (only have the helmet and gloves).. I'll just sell a kidney!! haha

What's your blood type? I might have to take you up on that offer. :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#12 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:11 PM

then you should show up Tuesday!

When and where? What equipment is necessary? Details Crash lol..

#13 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

When and where? What equipment is necessary? Details Crash lol..

Stick and Gloves :P

you know where the Miburn Firehouse is? and the Pool?

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

Stick and Gloves :P

you know where the Miburn Firehouse is? and the Pool?

Gero Park?

Ok so it's basically running hockey.. stick n gloves.. what time?

#15 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

Gero Park?

If you want to play street/dek hockey, we have an indoor league every Thursday night in Morristown!
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#16 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:47 AM

If you want to play street/dek hockey, we have an indoor league every Thursday night in Morristown!

is it also just running, gloves, and sticks... so many choices here lol

#17 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

is it also just running, gloves, and sticks... so many choices here lol

Yep, running on a full size roller court 4-4 with boards and glass. That'll get you in shape fast lol. It's a entry fee league. Any protective equipment is a personal choice, but i'd highly recommend gloves and shin guards and a cup to protect the junk ;)

The Summer season begins in July, as the Spring season is 4 weeks in and there's no more signups/team entries until Summer.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#18 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

Yep, running on a full size roller court 4-4 with boards and glass. That'll get you in shape fast lol. It's a entry fee league. Any protective equipment is a personal choice, but i'd highly recommend gloves and shin guards and a cup to protect the junk ;)

The Summer season begins in July, as the Spring season is 4 weeks in and there's no more signups/team entries until Summer.

I'll have to see how intense Crash's game is and compare

#19 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

Gero Park?

You can roller blade if you want.. it's skate optional

Yeah that they are jam packed full of goalies with!!
Stop taking the players I badly need to play!!!!! :rant: :P

#20 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

I'll have to see how intense Crash's game is and compare

Good man!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users