101 replies to this topic

#41 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

6 - Any basketball player - why? cause if I was 6'9 I could jump and dunk with ease too, this sport is a joke

What an ignorant statement.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#42 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

Just the first 10 that popped into my head.

1. Mark Messier
2. Al Trautwig
3. Joe Micheletti
4. John Davidson
5. Tie Domi
6. Stephon Marbury
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Howie Rose
9. Pat Quinn
10. Adam Graves

#43 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:48 PM

1. Mark Messier - I could write a book on why I hate this guy.

Haha I actually wrote a paper last fall called The Fraudulent Legacy of Mark Messier. That was fun.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#44 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:48 PM

1. Sean Avery
2. A-Roid (...yes, I'm a Yankees fan)
3. Brett Favre (...yes, I'm a Jets fan)
4. Mark Cuban
5. Jerry Jones
6. Santino Marella
7. Tiger Woods
8. Glen Sather
9. Bob Goodenow
10. Isaiah Thomas

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#45 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

8. Glen Sather

Can't hate Glen Sather. If the Rangers had someone competent in charge in his place, they might actually be successful. Long live Sather's NYC reign.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#46 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:48 AM

1. Every player on the German national soccer team, because they're cheaters and German
2. Every player on the Portuguese national soccer team, because they're cheaters and dirty
3. Sean Avery
4. Floyd Landis (the most obvious cheater in Tour de France history)
5. Martina Hingis
6. Alex Rodriguez
7. Samuel Eto'o (so much frustration towards his former club Real Madrid, it's pathetic)
8. Sidney Crosby (you're so good, but just stop crying already)
9. Rafael Nadal (for not letting Roger Federer win Roland Garros)
10. Grady Sizemore (because he's doing really sh!t for a 1st round pick in my fantasy baseball team)

#47 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:31 AM

You can't compare hockey with baseball in terms of payroll. In baseball, chemistry is much less of an issue than it is in hockey. I'm sorry but when you have A-Rod, Texiera, Jeter, Burnett, Damon, Joba, Mariano, CC, Pettitte, Cano, and Swisher it isn't really a fair game. The O's have one solid pitcher in Jeremy Guthrie. They have good bats in Markakis, Adam Jones, Huff, and Roberts, but its a little hard to compete when half of the division are allstars

When did I say anything about a payroll? He's a pompous jackass on a team that's sub-500, so I don't particularly like him. He's not on your list, he's not on your list.

10. Adam Graves

Graves? I mean, I know he was a Ranger, but why him?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

1997 much ???

not to mention his AWFUL Bay Ridge Honda commercial they used to show when I lived in Staten Island :ph34r:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,175 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:21 AM

I don't hate any baseball player, simply because I don't know who any of them are, same applies to the NBA.

The only person missing from all lists: Drew Rosenhaus. The guy is a used car salesmen, who cons not so bright NFL players and then watches them crash and burn for his own profit. If his talent isn't literally shooting themselves they are whining, pouting or getting arrested.

I am not sure why teams will even talk to him over his "players".
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:47 AM

1)Christiano Ronaldo- W**ker
2)Michael Schumacher- Arrogant, boring and a cheat.
3)Sidney Crosby - WAHHHWAHHHH WAHHHHH
4)Rob/Carol Niedermayer- Rob for being born, Carol for having him, and both of them for convincing Scott it was a good idea to move to california.
5)Henrick Lundqvist- You know why !!!!
6)Steven Gerrard- Overated, arrogant and from Liverpool
7)Diego Simeone/Maradona/Argentina in general-Cost us a world cup IMO
8)Barcelona FC- "the gods of football wanted us to win" F**K YOU
9)Partick Roy- Again you know why!
10)Sean Avery- still waiting for someone to smash his face in.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#51 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,873 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

No. 10 is like a revolving door. I could've just as easily picked Brian Leetch or Mike Richter. But Adam Graves came to mind first, probably thanks to that overhyped retirement ceremony the team had for him. It was all over the media that week. Even The Record, Tom Gulitti's NJ newspaper, gave it bigger coverage than I remember it doing for Stevens' or Daneyko's ceremonies. ... And, yes, I know he's a great guy.

#52 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

1. Every player on the German national soccer team, because they're cheaters and German

Ö and not fair sportsmen like the Dutch

Posted Image

#53 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

2. Lebron James - How about he actually win something before being considered great.

I think this is entirely unfair. Was Jordan considered great before winning a championship? I would say so. Championships do not dictate greatness for individuals in team sports IMO. Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, John Stockton, Ted Williams, Earl Campbell, Dick Butkus, Ernie Banks, Marcel Dionne never won, to name a few. I am no Cavs fan by any stretch, but I completely respect LeBron's game. He's a team guy, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and doesn't come off like a thug.

Anyway, my list:

1. Michael Vick - I don't think this needs an explanation. I am fine with him getting out of prison, but I do not feel that he deserves to be reinstated.
2. A-Rod - He is the antithesis to the description I gave LeBron above. I am a Yankees fan as well.
3. Dustin Pedroia - I just hate the rat-looking fvcker.
4. Sid the Flid - For all the reasons others have given.
5. Sean Avery
6. Andy Reid - Makes me sick to hear him speak, look at him, or hear anyone give him any credit.
7. Scott Gomez - Agreed with the one who said he'd top my list a few years ago, but Vick and A-Roid have trumped that, and seeing him suffer in NYC is good comeuppance.
8. Tom Brady - IMO he's the product of a system and overrated. Plus, he just looks like a douche.
9. Latrell Sprewell - What a moron.
10. Curt Schilling

Hon mentions: Phil Mickelson, Bill Belichick (get some wart remover, ugly bastard), Marbury.

#54 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

6. Santino Marella

:giggle: YOU NO LIKE-A SANTINO? Iíll open a can of the ass whip and spray it over your big fat head!

#55 twillms73

twillms73

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

Ok. I'll bite. Let's see if I can get to 10, in no particular order:

1. Sean Avery (His purse and skates always match)

2. Mark Messier (melon head)

3. John Rocker (Met fans should have been throwing bigger batteries, like Car batteries)

4. Larry Jones (I will not call a grown man "Chipper")

5. Stephon Marbury (lying, over-rated scum)

6. Steve Phillips (Shut up. The Mets still fired you and you'll never work in baseball again)

7. Sidney Crosby (It's not about you douche-bag)

8. Scott Gomez (I hope the extra pesos were worth it. Enjoy being Avery's wing-man in the Village)

9. Roger Clemens (Don't tell me a chunk of bat is the same as a ball, Mr. Roid-Rage)

10. Any sports announcers who openly root for the team they cover. (I understand being slanted because that's where the paycheck comes from but, yelling and cheering? Makes me sick. Especially those who say "we" when talking about a team.)

PS. For those who say they can do something if............................

No, sorry, you can't.
Tom Willms
IYMSportsRadio.com

#56 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

Haha I actually wrote a paper last fall called The Fraudulent Legacy of Mark Messier. That was fun.

If you didn't get an automatic A+ on that, your professor is a jerk.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#57 Donato2327

Donato2327

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

I'm pretty suprised about how many soccer players are so hated. I could only name about 3 soccer players to be honest.
"The Championship to New Jersey. Devils win the Stanley Cup" 2003

#58 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

I'm pretty suprised about how many soccer players are so hated. I could only name about 3 soccer players to be honest.

You probably do not realize how big soccer is outside of the US. In most countries itís by far the most popular sport.

#59 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

You probably do not realize how big soccer is outside of the US. In most countries itís by far the most popular sport.

It still sucks!

:tomato:
It's the whiskey talking.

#60 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

I don't really "Hate" any player or manager or what have you. However I do have a particular distaste for ESPN tv personality Steve Phillips.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users