101 replies to this topic

#61 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

If you didn't get an automatic A+ on that, your professor is a jerk.

Actually it was out of 10 points and I got a 10++. I didn't know such a thing existed in college.

Edited by devilsfan26, 21 May 2009 - 02:00 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#62 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Actually it was out of 10 points and I got a 10++. I didn't know such a thing existed in college.

Hatred of Mark Messier is just that powerful of a thing. Well done, sir!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#63 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

[quote name='eaglejelly' post='763752' date='May 21 2009, 04:08 PM'][font="Arial"][size=3]

Edited by Atterr, 21 May 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#64 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

and stupid luck.

Luck is something you have to earn :P

Matthaeus, Effenberg, Jeremies, Kahn... :puke:

I'm with you those guys, I can't stand them either

#65 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

4. Larry Johnson

This one?

Posted Image

or this one?

Posted Image
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#66 goalieguy87

goalieguy87

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

1 Mark Messier
2 Sidney Crosby
3 Michael Vick
4 Terrell Owens
5 Scott Gomez
6 Every NBA Athlete/owner/coach/equipment guy/trainer/water bottle kid/floor sweeper
7 Barry Bonds
8 Curt Schilling
9 The Boston Red Sox/see # 6
10 Sam Rosen
Marty Saved My Soul And Took It Straight To Hell
Jersey Collection Updated 5-8-09 http://community.web...r/goalieguy1987
Posted Image
Co-Keeper of Jay Pandolfo
Keeper of Doc's "A Big Drive!!"
Keeper of Mike Peluso's crying fit in game 4 of the 95 Finals

Keeper of Brian Rolston, Lou's Cap, and Lou's "Don't worry about my cap"

#67 marty_is_better30

marty_is_better30

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

avery
gomez
queen henrik
a-roid
larry jones
crosbaby
barry melrose
Stephen Matteau
eric staal
jeter
Posted Image

Posted Image ZZ-POPS

#68 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

They were talking about this on the radio today (Phillies are the only team playing around here). I really enjoyed it.

Heres my list...

1. Jose Reyes: Cocky, arrogant...and the fact hes good makes me hate him more.

2. Tony Romo: Everyone talks about how great he is, but he is so overated. Plus he banged Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson. And that damn smile

3. Scott Gomez: Greedy bastard.

4. Sean Avery: I'm not going to even bother with a reason. He's not worth it.

5. Manny: Same reasons as Jose Reyes. Atleast he's funny though. And hasn't been caught taking steroids. Oh wait. Well atleast he took a nice manly steroid.

6. Michael Vick: So much RUNNING (not throwing) talent gone to waste. He is a douchebag to the fans and not to mention a Dog murderer.

7. Jerry Jones: Ugh. I hate the cowboys. I HATE the cowboys.

8. Michael Wilboun/Tony Kornhaiser: I hate PTI with a burning passion. Theses douchebags no nothing about hockey, nothing about sports for that matter, but jerk off Crosby and Ovechkin so much.

9. Barry Bonds: It's not so much the fact he took steroids, but the fact he is such an @$$.

10. Henrik Lundqvist: If I hear one more Ranger fan talk about how "King Henrik" is "the best goalie in the NHL" I am going to throw up. He is terrible. He is awful. So overated.

Dishonorable Mention:
Eric Staal: He is very good, but god damn he is a Devil killer.
Crosby: He's not on the list because hate him or not, he is a great player and has brought alot of new fans to hockey.

They forgot Marty Broduer

#69 Elias FTW

Elias FTW

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

Ovechkin
Avery
Messier
Gomez
Clemens
Tom Brady
Dante Culpepper
Andrew Alberts
Malkin
Manny
RIP 2008-2009 Devils. You will be missed

#70 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

They forgot Marty Broduer

Yaayy you got in your bi-weekly anti-Marty comment!! We're all so proud of you!!!

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#71 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

10- Randal Cunningham
09- Darcy Tucker
08- Dick Vital
07- Jack Edwards
06- David Stern
05- Jingoist Canadian Hockey Journalists
04- Mark Messier
03- Barry Bonds
02- Alex Rodriguez
01 (tie)- Donald Fehr & George Steinbrenner

#72 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

09- Darcy Tucker

I was so so close to picking Tucker. Instead I went with Domi and Quinn. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

#73 KC Devil

KC Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

1. Vick
2. Dick Vitale
3. Sean Avery
4. Larry Johnson
5. Steve Spurrier
6. 'Blow'-mez
7. Terrell Owens
8. Al Davis
9. Bill Walton
10. John Rocker

Finished my list, so am posting the final 2.

Mike Martin
KC Devil
Mike Martin
KC Devil

#74 KC Devil

KC Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

I think this is entirely unfair. Was Jordan considered great before winning a championship? I would say so. Championships do not dictate greatness for individuals in team sports IMO. Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, John Stockton, Ted Williams, Earl Campbell, Dick Butkus, Ernie Banks, Marcel Dionne never won, to name a few. I am no Cavs fan by any stretch, but I completely respect LeBron's game. He's a team guy, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and doesn't come off like a thug.

Anyway, my list:

1. Michael Vick - I don't think this needs an explanation. I am fine with him getting out of prison, but I do not feel that he deserves to be reinstated.
2. A-Rod - He is the antithesis to the description I gave LeBron above. I am a Yankees fan as well.
3. Dustin Pedroia - I just hate the rat-looking fvcker.
4. Sid the Flid - For all the reasons others have given.
5. Sean Avery
6. Andy Reid - Makes me sick to hear him speak, look at him, or hear anyone give him any credit.
7. Scott Gomez - Agreed with the one who said he'd top my list a few years ago, but Vick and A-Roid have trumped that, and seeing him suffer in NYC is good comeuppance.
8. Tom Brady - IMO he's the product of a system and overrated. Plus, he just looks like a douche.
9. Latrell Sprewell - What a moron.
10. Curt Schilling

Hon mentions: Phil Mickelson, Bill Belichick (get some wart remover, ugly bastard), Marbury.

Just curious as to why. Should he not be allowed to work? Football is a job. Period. Now....I would NEVER allow that slimeball on my team, but I think that he should be allowed to go to work. He supposedly has paid his dues, so he should have that right.

Mike Martin
KC Devil
Mike Martin
KC Devil

#75 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

I'm going in a different direction than picking individuals:

1. anyone associated with NASCAR (still don't understand how driving real fast is a sport)
2. CandyCanes announcers--the most nauseating announcers ever.
3. NHL refs (at least the majority of them)
4. all Rags management, players, announcers, fans and anyone associated with them
5. all Red Sox players (can't include management, I think Terry Francona is a good coach. Kills me to say it though)

OK I'm going against my own rule here:

6. Brian Cashman - since 2001 - yes I'm a Yankees fan. When will he get they need more than 1 decent pitcher? (the court is still out on CC for me)

7. Can't remember - did anyone yet mention BETTMAN? If not, he'd be my #1 for so many things, too numerous to list.

8. He's not management, but it has to be said--Don Cherry's tailor.

#76 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

With no particular order:

Gomez
Avery
Sam Rosen
Messier
Lundqvist
Swedish national soccer team (ugh)
AC Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid (I like Juventus, Man U and Barca, nuff said)
Eric Staal
Howard Webb (a soccer referee who robbed Poland during the last World Cup... they deserved to be eliminated anyway, but the hate remains :P)
Michael Ballack (I liked him during his Bayern years, but then he went to Chelsea for $$$ and has sucked ever since...)

I don't have much love for Gianlucca Zambrotta, Liliam Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and some other guys who jumped ship when Juventus got relegated to serie B. Same thing with Beckham, Van Nisterlooy, Heinze and other players Real stole from Manchester. I should probably include Luis Figo too, but I'm young and I wasn't really a big soccer fan during his Barcelona years.
Oh, and I'm sure there's a lot of players, coaches etc. I forgot about. But it would take too much time to rethink all this.

Edited by Revan, 22 May 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#77 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

With no particular order:

Gomez
Avery
Sam Rosen
Messier
Lundqvist
Swedish national soccer team (ugh)
AC Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid (I like Juventus, Man U and Barca, nuff said)
Eric Staal
Howard Webb (a soccer referee who robbed Poland during the last World Cup... they deserved to be eliminated anyway, but the hate remains :P)
Michael Ballack (I liked him during his Bayern years, but then he went to Chelsea for $$$ and has sucked ever since...)

I don't have much love for Gianlucca Zambrotta, Liliam Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and some other guys who jumped ship when Juventus got relegated to serie B. Same thing with Beckham, Van Nisterlooy, Heinze and other players Real stole from Manchester. I should probably include Luis Figo too, but I'm young and I wasn't really a big soccer fan during his Barcelona years.
Oh, and I'm sure there's a lot of players, coaches etc. I forgot about. But it would take too much time to rethink all this.

Chelsea?? someone obviousley dosen't like real mens football how the game is supposed to be played :argh: .

I agree with Howard Webb, the man is an a$$, total total a$$, he's not happy unless he is the center of attention.

Ballack has really picked up his game this season since he has been placed in the Makalele role, the trouble has been he is to old now to play like he used to for Bayern (although he manages to do it more for Germany but european football is slower than the Premier Leauge)

All the Man United players you listed left beacuse United didnt want them anymore, Beckham fell out with Furguson because of the boot to the face incident and he was detracting from the team with his private life, Van Nistelrooy also fell out with fergy and publicly stated he wanted to stay at united but to much damage was done , and Hinze tried to angle a move to Liverpool , but United would rather kill a player than let him go to anfield so they shipped him off to the highest bidder outside england which was Madrid.

I thought you would have hated players like Podolski and Klose??

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#78 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

Stephen Matteau

I can't believe I forgot him in my list.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#79 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Just curious as to why. Should he not be allowed to work? Football is a job. Period. Now....I would NEVER allow that slimeball on my team, but I think that he should be allowed to go to work. He supposedly has paid his dues, so he should have that right.

Mike Martin
KC Devil

Please. Can you name another job that pays you multiple millions of dollars where the "job" is playing a game? He should be allowed to go to work. Construction, retail, etc. There's millions of other jobs out there for him. Playing a professional sport is a privilege IMO. Yes, it takes years of hard work, dedication, and natural ability, but he does not deserve the perks that being a professional athlete brings.

Let me ask you this, what do you do for a living? Put yourself in Vick's position. Would your field allow you to return or even consider hiring you being a convicted felon? I would guess no. Its a double standard that there is even a discussion of him being reinstated. If this was a teacher or another career that requires hard work and dedication to get to, there would be restrictions on him getting work in that same field because of his past and the crime does matter. This wasn't a DUI.

I can understand the argument some make saying well Leonard Little did this, Chris Henry did that, but none of them were coldhearted and cruel to a living creature. Little killed someone in an accident and is a complete moron. Michael Vick has more in common with Rae Carruth than any of the drunks in the league.

Some idiot team will eventually bring him on, but it will be interesting to see how, who, and when. I'm sure the majority of fans out there do not want him on their teams and many GMs won't because of the PR nightmare that it will entail. Some team will think he will put them over the hump.

Edited by ghdi, 23 May 2009 - 05:37 AM.

#80 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

Only 10??? I need a Top 500 list:

1. Gary Bettman
2. Brett Hull
3. Bill Belicheat
4. Jim Calhoun
5. Michael Irvin
6. Tom Brady
7. Manny Ramirez
8. Rod Brind'Amour
9. Bill Parcells
10 (TIE between hundreds) Any player who wears a Toronto Maple Leafs sweater

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users