#1 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

hi everyone,

i just thought i would make my first post here, and introduce myself.

My name is Damian, and everyone calls me Damo.

Im 28 years old, all the way from Melbourne, Australia - yes you read that right!

I got onto the Devils back in 92 - 93, when i went over to a friends place one day and played NHL on his Amiga.
As silly as it sounds, i chose the Devils as back when i was younger, i was a fan of Bon Jovi, and knowing he was from New Jersey, chose the Devils.

The loyal person i am, i have stayed with the Devils ever since, and when the good ol' internet decided to get decent, i managed to start finding and watching games online.

It was great! i could now watch and follow the Devils more enthusiastically!

Ever since then, i have made sure i have watched games, and for the 08-09 season, i am glad to say i did not miss any game! all 82 regular season games, plus the playoffs.

Obviously with being so far away from the USA, getting merchandise is somewhat difficult and expensive, but i have slowly been building my collection of clothing and other gear.

I have made friends with a guy on facebook and we talk about the Devils and also send each other packages, so getting gear is a little easier now.

I bought some gear off of NHL.com recently when they had their 20% off sale.
As much as some people dont think a guy wearing a Parise jersey is any kind of manly, i dont care, i have one on the way and i think he is a fantastic player.
I also have a sweatshirt and cap on the way.
i already have 3 t shirts also and a blank Red CCM jersey.
oh and a digital subscription to The Hockey News!

i have a signed Parise photo, and some hockey trading cards of various devils.

Im always thinking of what new Devils gear i can get, and there are several jerseys i do want also, so i foresee a formidable collection appearing.

I felt the pain of the game 7 loss, as i was watching live over the internet, and felt just the way a lot of you have described on this very forum.
i look forward to 09-10, and hope that through drafting and trades, we will have a formidable team for next season.
i will be watching draft and trades very closely.

I plan on visiting the USA in the next couple of years - the financial crisis around the world is hitting Australia pretty hard, i was hoping to get there next year, but might be another year or two now.
i want to see the Devils play at home, and i will get there for that.

im always happy to chat, and make new friends - especially Devils fans, as its the strongest sport i follow - weird considering i have no ties to Canada/USA or hockey before i got into it.
so feel free to drop me a line. i use MSN and facebook, and always happy to chat!

cheers for reading everyone :)

Edited by newjerseydamo, 24 May 2009 - 12:16 AM.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#2 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:26 AM

Helloey :hi:

Where in Melbourne are you? and do you you know of any bars that show games?

Oh and if you see someone round town in a Sens hoodie.....that would be me :ph34r: Feel free to say hi :)

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#3 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

Where in Melbourne are you? and do you you know of any bars that show games?

Oh and if you see someone round town in a Sens hoodie.....that would be me :ph34r: Feel free to say hi :)

im in the CBD, border of South Melbourne/Albert Park.

a mate of mine runs a night of hockey once every few weeks at a bar in the city called Charles Dickens.
the website is here: http://hockey.suburb...ourne/Home.html
its also on facebook if you search for 'Hockey Night In Melbourne'.

If i see someone wearing Sens ill say hi. im usually wearing something with Devils on it, and being winter, perfect time for hoodie and jerseys :)

Edited by newjerseydamo, 24 May 2009 - 05:09 AM.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#4 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Welcome, mate! (Sorry, always wanted to do that)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#5 goalieguy87

goalieguy87

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

WELCOME!!!
Marty Saved My Soul And Took It Straight To Hell