#1 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

A little known fact....

The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important. Then in 94 Brodeur entered and the trap

made him a star also a defense first program made his numbers look good. Then came the give him credit

onlu for goalies in shoot outs wins and Marty's record improved to beat the BEST EVER Patrick Roy's record.

In the meantime the quote "best ever" goalie Brodeur plays like sh$t in the playoffs.

Trade him while we can still get something for this POS.

#2 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

This thread has AIDS.
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hey I gave you a new title, hope you approve!

#4 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

umm ?_?

#5 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

Holy sh!t I thought we were done with these threads by now.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#6 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,854 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

I think they really need to improve the forum software so that you don't see threads started by people on your ignore list.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#7 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

I think they really need to improve the forum software so that you don't see threads started by people on your ignore list.

One thing HF has on this place is the ability to ignore an entire thread. You click a little x past the topic title and you don't ever have to see it again.

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

:rofl:

well played sir... you just avoided facebook elimination!!!! :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

Same here, I hate that it also shows the post with "you have ignored such and such" so you know they are still posting.

#10 Elias FTW

Elias FTW

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

yo lucifer's dog....please tell me where you went/go to school. I really want your extensive knowledge of the devils/ hockey. your reasoning is second to none :rolleyes:
RIP 2008-2009 Devils. You will be missed

#11 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Je t'aime, DM. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hail:

But then nobody would see this thread! :lol:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#12 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

to go along with known facts, Cam Ward only looks good because of Eric Staal and the extreme gritt on the canes def...
hm.
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#13 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

We get it. You hate Brodeur. Go cheer for the other record-breaking Devils goaltenders who have won Cups for the franchise.

Oh...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#14 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:12 AM

The best part is the rant has nothing to do with the "little known fact"

Little Known Fact:

Milk, when left out, can curdle. Then in 1995 Marty hoisted his first Stanley Cup, killed four puppies, stabbed an old lady, destroyed the Rebel Base on Hoth and smacked bigfoot in the face. And I'm pretty sure he has herpies.

Edited by UnderDogX, 29 May 2009 - 07:13 AM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#15 mac760

mac760

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

Little known fact:

You don't have a need for either of the protective items you describe in your post.

The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

#16 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

lol!
I want a title!
It's the whiskey talking.

#17 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

lol!
I want a title!

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. ;)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#18 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

to go along with known facts, Cam Ward only looks good because of Eric Staal and the extreme gritt on the canes def...
hm.

He looked very average in those games against the Pens didn't he?
Wonder what the reaction here would be if Marty had allowed that 900-thread softie in Game 4? ( Including myself- I've been a little hard on the Beav^H^H^H^H Brodeur lately as well).

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. ;)

doh!
It's the whiskey talking.

#19 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

I've been asking this guy to step in front of traffic for the good of all humanity for like 7 years now, but it hasn't happened.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#20 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

I agree with LD. Good thread.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users