9 replies to this topic

#1 Hickmania

Hickmania

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:51 PM

For those who saw the Sportscenter piece on Brodeur's marital troubles, I hope you share my disgust. Honestly, Brodeur may have done smoething he regrets, but that's hardly pertinent to his hockey performance--nor should it be important to the media. Marty has tried to react to this situation with class and tact--and not disrespect Melanieany further through interviews and other media outlets. What frustrates me, though, is seeing so many of these people continue to pester him about it.

Seriously--the mdia takes it too far. As much as I appreciate the tenacity of all news broadcasters to finally 'break the story,' regardless of WHAT the story is, I sincerely think that in cases like this, the wishes of the interviewee be respected.

LEAVE MARTY ALONE!

#2 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:54 PM

Well, I do feel for him. But my mother said, "He's a piece of sh*t." And she may have a point. He was wrong. And he is and athlete, and celebrity. You are fair game like it, or not.

#3 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:54 PM

I didn't see it but I'll look out for it on the edition after the game if it's still included. The media sucks, according to them, if Marty plays well, he's using his situation as motivation. If Marty has a not so stellar game, it's his situation getting to him. Find a new story
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#4 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:55 PM

People shouldn't pass judgement what so ever but if you're going to, at least wait until everything comes out
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#5 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:58 PM

True Chico, but he has admitted his cheating, with his sister in law. That's bad. Marty is not the first athlete/celebrity this has happened too. I feel pity for his family. But remember, he is a millionaire, so I won't lose too much sleep. Besides, he's played well with all this.

#6 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:07 PM

He did it, fact. Why? Only he knows. What his wife has done in the past? We only know a little bit

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:24 PM

ESPN is crap, it's not even a sports network anymore, just a 24hr sports gossip/comedy channel.

next week they'll probably have a feature on Lebron James "bling blang" lifestyle and make a big deal out of it on there website.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:35 PM

If it bothers people so much that his problems keeps on surfacing everywhere, why must you keep on posting about it?

It won't go away until you stop talking about it.

If you think he deserves privacy, then more power to you.

However, posting time and time again about it doesn't give him the privacy that he should be granted.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#9 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:42 PM

It wasn't a horrible piece, no different that an athletes drug problem and such. They did it, it wasn't bad. Marty did it, they are reporting it. That's it.

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:30 PM

Didn't see it, but the guy diddled around on his wife - end of story. Nothing deep romantic meaningful - like it's never been done before? There's no story fellas move on :rolleyes:

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users