53 replies to this topic

#41 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

If I had to live in Ottawa, I'd probably do coke too.

:uni:

:rofl:

:dance:

Edited by IceThief, 05 June 2009 - 10:10 PM.

In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#42 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

but Emery is a good pickup for 2-3 million.

Only if he plays and plays well for them.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#43 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

Emery is not a good pick for any price. He's going to want to start, and if he's not starting he's going to cry. You want to start him, I hope he does ok for your sake, because if he sucks at all and you bench him, get ready to trade him. Too much Vogue purse on this guy.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#44 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

i hope he paints iron mike his mask!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#45 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

i hope he paints iron mike his mask!

nah probably rocky.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#46 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

this is good. i hope they sign shiittymaaki too.
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#47 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

Hope he signs i love him.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#48 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

If the site is accurate, then Emery will sign with the Flyers to a one-year, 1.5M deal

http://www.thehockey...and-choose.html

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#49 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

I read that Flyers will announce it tomorrow.

martyb.jpg

#50 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

LMAO this is the best news I read in a while.

+1
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#51 mikedabigdawg

mikedabigdawg

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

its a match made in heaven

#52 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

If the site is accurate, then Emery will sign with the Flyers to a one-year, 1.5M deal

http://www.thehockey...and-choose.html

I find the whole Emery to Philly talk quite amusing.

The reason that they no longer want Marty Biron is because REPORTEDLY, he wants big money. So they're going hard after flakey Ray because he's going to come cheap for one year.

Now picture this, what if flakey Ray actually has a superior year for them? They're going to have to pay him the money that they don't want to pay Marty in order to keep him. AND it's being said also that they're targeting J-Bo as well.

I would guess then that Homer is going to rip that team apart to shed contracts and rebuild it from the ground up.

What will the Black & Orange do?

What will they do?

:blink:
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#53 marty_is_better30

marty_is_better30

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

deal COMPLETED

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with 6'2", 196-pound goaltender Ray Emery, according to club general manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"We are extremely excited and happy to have entered into this agreement with Ray," said Holmgren. "We believe Ray is a good, young goalie that has a unique blend of size, competitiveness and athleticism."

"I'm excited to be able to get a chance to play with a team that's a contender and I'm grateful for the opportunity that's being given," said Emery. "I think I have the ability to play consistent. I'm athletic, but I try to rely on a system and make things as simple as possible."

Emery, 26, appeared in 36 regular season games with Atlant Mytischi of the Kontinental Hockey League in 2008-09, where he posted a 22-8-0 record with a 2.12 goals-against average and .926 save percentage. He also registered a 3-3 record with a 1.86 GAA and .941 save percentage in seven postseason appearances.
Posted Image

Posted Image ZZ-POPS

#54 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

deal COMPLETED

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with 6'2", 196-pound goaltender Ray Emery, according to club general manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"We are extremely excited and happy to have entered into this agreement with Ray," said Holmgren. "We believe Ray is a good, young goalie that has a unique blend of size, competitiveness and athleticism."

"I'm excited to be able to get a chance to play with a team that's a contender and I'm grateful for the opportunity that's being given," said Emery. "I think I have the ability to play consistent. I'm athletic, but I try to rely on a system and make things as simple as possible."

Emery, 26, appeared in 36 regular season games with Atlant Mytischi of the Kontinental Hockey League in 2008-09, where he posted a 22-8-0 record with a 2.12 goals-against average and .926 save percentage. He also registered a 3-3 record with a 1.86 GAA and .941 save percentage in seven postseason appearances.

::chuckle::

Poor Marty Biron.

Flakey Ray whips his arse and then he loses his job to him.

:doh1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users