#2 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Sure why not.... :horse:

Those in Jersey report that when Sutter left for Alberta following the Devils' sudden, shocking ouster in Game 7 by the Carolina Hurricanes, the mood felt like a goodbye, not a "See you in September." Calgary's hesitancy in not officially announcing a replacement for the deposed Mike Keenan seems inexorably tied to Sutter's pending decision.

If he does, as expected, leave the Devils, the job here is tailor-made, and waiting.

"As I said before, I'm employed by the New Jersey Devils.''

For for the moment, anyway.

It really doesnt sound like he wants to come back...... if he did, you would think all the quotes would be, (I have unfinished business in NJ" (like mentioned in the other thread)
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#3 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

At this point do we want a guy who isn't 100% commited, just seems wrong.

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#4 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

I almost feel like sutter is getting a pass on this whole deal.

For instance, say he came out when the season ended and said "its been fun but I don't want to coach this team any more" people would but irate, angry, disappointed etc. But by dragging this out sort of wishy washy people are just being annoyed and asking him to go if his heart isn't 100% in it, so I wonder if and when he does decide to leave will people hold his feet to the fire like they would if he left abruptly?

#5 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

[SGT HARTMAN]WELL ANY fvckING TIME SWEETHEART![/SGT HARTMAN]
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#6 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

Sutter can rot in Calgary. Enough is enough. I don't want him back at all. Can't expect a team to have heart when the coach doesn't.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#7 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

[SGT HARTMAN]WELL ANY fvckING TIME SWEETHEART![/SGT HARTMAN]

I bet Sean Avery could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

I bet Sean Avery could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

I'll bet Sean Avery is the kind of guy that would **** a person in the *** and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Oh Sgt. Hartman quotes are always priceless and timeless.

The funny about the "reach-around" line...R. Lee Ermey ad-libbed much of his dialogue, and when he spewed that line out, Kubrick immediately yelled "Cut!" and asked Ermey what the hell a "reach-around" was. As soon as Ermey told him, Kubrick immediately went into hysterics and told Ermey to keep the line in.

C'mon Brent...see what all this waiting is doing to us? DECIDE!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#9 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

I'll bet Sean Avery is the kind of guy that would **** a person in the *** and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Oh Sgt. Hartman quotes are always priceless and timeless.

The funny about the "reach-around" line...R. Lee Ermey ad-libbed much of his dialogue, and when he spewed that line out, Kubrick immediately yelled "Cut!" and asked Ermey what the hell a "reach-around" was. As soon as Ermey told him, Kubrick immediately went into hysterics and told Ermey to keep the line in.

C'mon Brent...see what all this waiting is doing to us? DECIDE!

http://www.soundboar...nt-Hartman.html

I could clickity click on that all the livelong day.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

I really want Sutter back. I like the system he has in place for the Devils. However, I don't want him to be here if he isn't 100% behind this team.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#11 dali

dali

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

I really want Sutter back. I like the system he has in place for the Devils. However, I don't want him to be here if he isn't 100% behind this team.

Believe me, he won´t be behind the bench next October, if he´s not ready to give his best.

It has been a frustrating process for us fans, but it´s nowhere near the agony Sutter is going through. It is a good thing that he is openly weighing his options. I´ll rather see him go through his obligations in NJ and his obligations in Alberta. It is far better for all parties involved if he leaves than being miserable and stay here just because he has a contract. And that´s what this is all about, is he ready to give hundred per cent or is he cutting ties with the Devils.

I really hope he will be back. But I´ll also respect that if chooses otherwise.
Ghost of the offseason past.

#12 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

I think only if he come's back without anybody pushing him to do it he will be 100% committed i mean if he

wanted that much to leave he would not think about it at all.But if any body try to convince him and succeed

it will not be like he decided himself and mentally 100% agreeing with his decision.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#13 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

Those in Jersey report that when Sutter left for Alberta following the Devils' sudden, shocking ouster in Game 7 by the Carolina Hurricanes, the mood felt like a goodbye, not a "See you in September."

Who are "those in Jersey"? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember reading that in anything from Gulitti or Chere...or even (N)Š„verson. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

#14 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

Who are "those in Jersey"? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember reading that in anything from Gulitti or Chere...or even (N)Š„verson. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It's bullsh!t. As was the assertion that the Flames are holding back waiting on Sutter. But, the Calgary media can play fast and loose because, who's going to correct them?

#15 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

Take your time buddy.. While we wait let's enjoy some music

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users