5 replies to this topic

#1 Hickmania

Hickmania

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:57 AM

So I just got back from seeing it, and I think I liked it. I would recommend it to anyone who saw and enjoyed the first, for sure, but there's a few drawbacks.

First, the action is maybe TOO intense. I'm not the kind of guy who shys away from adrenaline movies(the Freddy vs. Jason trailer at my theater had me begging for more!), but I was literally shaking in my seat at times. There are so many action scenes that aren't just intense, but prolonged!

Second, the dialogue was severely overscripted. It lent itself far more to writing than speech. And, while I understand all the conversation about fate is necessary, it gets a bit silly, and obnoxious. I'm not here to listen to pseudo-philosophical drivel, I'm here to see you shoot, cut, and explode. Period.

Keanu Reeves in a mostly verbal role RUINED Devil's Advocate. Learn from that!

#2 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:03 AM

FREE YOUR MIND

#3 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:31 PM

Can't react until I see it, I'll see it on Sunday
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#4 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 10:08 AM

Saw it.

It's good, very good. But quite different than the first movie. As my friend pointed out, it's shifting from an action-based series to more of a mystery, in a way. There are some damn crazy twists and turns in this movie. I can't help but wonder if this movie will be seen as much better once Revolutions comes out (kind of like Empire Strikes Back).

My one beef with this movie was the one fight scene (in the Park) was WAY TOO CGI. It just looked like a video game (a really GOOD video game), but a video game nonetheless. I understand that if they wanted that fight scene in there they had to use CGI, but... yeesh... it just looked so utterly CGI that it was distracting for me.

Speaking of Revolutions, I hope you all caught the trailer for it at the end... woe to he who leaves the theater before the credits finish rolling!

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#5 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:21 PM

I have not seen it yet but I just want to say that the lean of Hollyweird is so much special effects anymore that maybe some films are being pulled away from an actual storyline.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 12:37 PM

I have not seen it yet but I just want to say that the lean of Hollyweird is so much special effects anymore that maybe some films are being pulled away from an actual storyline.

Maybe we should go see it Zam :uni:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users