57 replies to this topic

#21 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

i just heard of this band, this song is pretty catchy/ smashing pumkin-esque.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#22 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

That Red Hot Mama song is a cover of an old P-Funk song, they do a pretty good job sounding like white boys trying to be funky there.

No kidding. I know Clutch has covered Howlin Wolf and John Coltrane before, so it really shouldn't be surprising that Parliament can be added to that eclectic list.

You can't out-funk the masters. Awesome stuff right there.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#23 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

You can't out-funk the masters.

Just did using Bootsy to beat himself..

other non-related tuneys

Edited by ghdi, 29 June 2009 - 12:49 PM.

#24 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Here's some songs of Cinderella

Cinderella-HeartBreak Station

Posted Image

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

"Horehound" the debut album by The Dead Weather (Alison Mosshart, Dean Fertita, Jack White and Jack Lawrence) came out in Europe today and is coming out in North America tomorrow. You can listen to the entire thing for free on their facebook page. It's an awesome album, I really like the way they blended all of their styles while sounding completely fresh. So far it has decent reviews, really the main critique being that there isn't really a radio friendly song that will draw a ton of people, but who cares about that, the radio sucks anyway. Definitely one of my favorite bands now.

Check out their youtube page for some videos.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

I have grown strangely addicted to "Inis Mona" by Eluveitie. They are Celtic Folk Metal. It's quite awesome. Don't understand a word of it for the most part, but musically, it kicks ass.

Oh, the best part? They're apparently from Switzerland.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#27 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

"Horehound" the debut album by The Dead Weather (Alison Mosshart, Dean Fertita, Jack White and Jack Lawrence) came out in Europe today and is coming out in North America tomorrow. You can listen to the entire thing for free on their facebook page. It's an awesome album, I really like the way they blended all of their styles while sounding completely fresh. So far it has decent reviews, really the main critique being that there isn't really a radio friendly song that will draw a ton of people, but who cares about that, the radio sucks anyway. Definitely one of my favorite bands now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.c...eDeadWeatherTV" target="_blank">Check out their youtube page for some videos.</a>

Good suggestion. I listened to a couple of their track and I'm really diggin 'em.

Clutch's new album, Strange Cousins From The West, came out last week and I can't stop listening to it. You can listen to the whole thing on MySpace. All the songs are really good, but Motherless Child, Struck Down and Freakonomics stand out to me. Every time Freakonomics comes on I feel like breaking into a James Brown dance or something. They also continued their tradition of unconventional covers (they've previously done Howlin Wolf's "Who's Been Talkin'" and John Coltrane's "Equinox") by covering Pappo's "Algo Ha Cambiado." Great stuff all around, as always.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#28 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

My cousins in Italy just sent me an album for a band Linea 77. It's an "Italian Nu Metal Band" It's okay.

In other news... since Jamie and I will be in the car for six hours on Thursday driving up to Upstate NY around the Canadian border... and then into Montreal, we need to music! Any suggestions? You all know what I like.

#29 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

Rev theory is a pretty good band...theyll be playing the second stage at Crue Fest 2 this year

State of Shock is also another good band. I heard of them from my friend who saw they open up for Staind. Alot of their songs are pretty catchy so check em out.

Edited by RockingTheRed81, 20 July 2009 - 12:06 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

kay, i've jumped on board with the dead weather. they're friggen awesome. i'm going to atlanta in october to hang out with a friend and he got me a ticket to see them at the tabernacle. kind of really excited.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#31 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

kay, i've jumped on board with the dead weather. they're friggen awesome. i'm going to atlanta in october to hang out with a friend and he got me a ticket to see them at the tabernacle. kind of really excited.

Hell yeah! I know I've already my love with them known in this thread but seriously they are one of my favorite bands out there at the moment. Check out this interview with them, hilarious:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#32 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

by the way, i went to a show on sunday (went to see the forecast -- really good local illinois band), i ended up falling in love with the opener, a trio named the noise fm. they're not exactly anything groundbreaking but they had a really good sound. you can download their whole album for free on their website right now. definitely worth a listen or two: thenoisefm.net

Edited by RD, 21 July 2009 - 08:33 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#33 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

I've been listening to recently:

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (Warning only like 30 minutes long)
Moby - Wait For Me (Moby's new album, don't hate, he's good)
Modest Mouse - No One's First and You're Next (the new EP)
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#34 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

I've been listening to recently:

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (Warning only like 30 minutes long)
Moby - Wait For Me (Moby's new album, don't hate, he's good)
Modest Mouse - No One's First and You're Next (the new EP)

I've been hearing about Phoenix for about two years now, and finally heard a song of theirs on WXRP the other day. It wasn't bad, but not what I was expecting, either.

I bought the new Our Lady Peace and VAST albums the other day. Five years ago, getting the new albums by my two favorite bands (one of which before it was officially released - Vintage Vinyl rules) would have been cause for a major musical freakout.

But now, not so much. The OLP album is meh at best, and I'm so far removed from VAST that I didn't even realize they had put out a new physical in-stores-type CD until two months after the fact.

All of this said, I highly recommend Monkey Brains by Our Lady Peace and I'm Afraid Of You by VAST (the latter for the stellar lyric "You got a degree/In photography/And you take it out on me")

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#35 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

This may not be "new music" but I just discovered these guys and it's damn fine. Bell X1 from Ireland with the song "The Great Defector" live on Letterman:

Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#36 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

This may not be "new music" but I just discovered these guys and it's damn fine. Bell X1 from Ireland with the song "The Great Defector" live on Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXQgKBl-6s

YES! Keep forgetting about them, great call.

I know so little new music without 106.3 :evilcry: I'm still not over it. It's not summer in Jersey without FM106.3/G-Rock.

#37 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

oh the new olp came out? man...i completely forgot. i'm seeing them in august which should be exciting but if the new stuff isn't so good then i'm kind of nervous. they haven't been that great in a few years now. sigh.

#38 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

Stuff I've gotten lately

Silversun Pickups- Swoon

Peter Bradley Adams- Leavetaking

#39 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:56 PM

Came out today, but VVinyl tends to break release dates and had it on the shelf on Sunday when I went to search for the Iran album.

It's not AWFUL, but there's nothing there that's gonna make me want to listen more than twice. Which is weird, because even the OLP albums I didn't like (Gravity) had stuff that made me want to listen again. That talk of "we're gonna rock like Naveed" was BS.

They sound like a band that's afraid to do what they do best.

Monkey Brains is a good song, so was Refuge and White Flags...a lot of them I don't even remember which song was which though, they're all so...meh.

The album cover's probably the best one since Clumsy though, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

#40 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

YES! Keep forgetting about them, great call.

I know so little new music without 106.3 :evilcry: I'm still not over it. It's not summer in Jersey without FM106.3/G-Rock.

That's why you need some XM / Sirius in your life...sure, they are an annoying mega corporation with terrible customer service, but gosh darn to they play some good music now and again. The whole Bell X1 CD is quite stellar, by the way!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users