#181 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

twas an awesome game, great atmosphere.

Im booking for 2010 in a few weeks. Going to all of USA's group games at the least, and gonna climb Mt. Kilimanjaro after the WC.

#182 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:55 AM

twas an awesome game, great atmosphere.

Im booking for 2010 in a few weeks. Going to all of USA's group games at the least, and gonna climb Mt. Kilimanjaro after the WC.

Finally got my booking arranged. One of the biggest trips of my life. Africa + the World Cup. Can't wait. Going to Kenya after the Cup for 3 weeks for safari and Kilimanjaro climb. 2 months in Africa!

If anyone is interested:
http://www.sportstra...hp?page_id=2045

The round of 16/semis/finals aren't covered in the package, but I probably wont attend any of those unless the US or England make it through, only doing England matches as one of my travel partners is English.

#183 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

Finally got my booking arranged. One of the biggest trips of my life. Africa + the World Cup. Can't wait. Going to Kenya after the Cup for 3 weeks for safari and Kilimanjaro climb. 2 months in Africa!

If anyone is interested:
http://www.sportstra...hp?page_id=2045

The round of 16/semis/finals aren't covered in the package, but I probably wont attend any of those unless the US or England make it through, only doing England matches as one of my travel partners is English.

Me too, and two other buddies.

I cannot wait.

How in God's name did you get this tour group too? What a coincidence.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#184 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

How in God's name did you get this tour group too? What a coincidence.

It was recommended to me by a friend who was over there for the Confed Cup earlier this year. The main thing we wanted was something FIFA sponsored so as not to get screwed.

#185 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:12 AM

It was recommended to me by a friend who was over there for the Confed Cup earlier this year. The main thing we wanted was something FIFA sponsored so as not to get screwed.

Me too..........I cannot wait.

I missed out on Germany, even though I had saved for it.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds, 06 November 2009 - 08:13 AM.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#186 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

I was in Europe during the 2006 Cup, but didn't attend any matches as I was there on business. Was in Hamburg for a day and did get to see a US practice before the tournament began though. I was in Den Haag most of the time and always had something going on when the US' games were scheduled. The biggest problem was that my trip was basically last minute and it was too much of a hassle trying to get tickets/accomodations.

#187 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

Draw on Friday.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England
Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras
Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay
Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

#188 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

I would like to see

Germany

New Zealand

Algeria

Slovenia

The US could end up in a group with Brazil and France.

#189 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

I would like to see

Germany

New Zealand

Algeria

Slovenia

The US could end up in a group with Brazil and France.

You'll probably get your wish, as the Germans always seem to have luck in the draw ;)

Us Dutch will undoubtely end up with Portugal again. Oh, how I hate those guys...

#190 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

You'll probably get your wish, as the Germans always seem to have luck in the draw Posted Image

Us Dutch will undoubtely end up with Portugal again. Oh, how I hate those guys...

Im glad they seeded the Netherlands instead of France. France simply did not belong there based on their play since the last WC

#191 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

Draw on Friday.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England
Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras
Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay
Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

I know nothing about the criteria for seeding, but I read earlier in this thread that the US was supposedly going to get seeded by winning the CONCACAF group, obviously that was mistaken info :P

EDIT: nvm, misread the original post

Edited by Hasan4978, 02 December 2009 - 01:01 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#192 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

I know nothing about the criteria for seeding, but I read earlier in this thread that the US was supposedly going to get seeded by winning the CONCACAF group, obviously that was mistaken info Posted Image

EDIT: nvm, misread the original post

The first group is based on world rankings and who Blatters drinking buddies are. The host country automatically gets a first seed as well. Al others groups are put together based on geography.

#193 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

The first group is based on world rankings and who Blatters drinking buddies are. The host country automatically gets a first seed as well. Al others groups are put together based on geography.

The US was seeded in '94?

Praying the US and Denmark avoid eachother in the whole tourney.

I want at the Italians again.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#194 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Should be a good game when we play mexico.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#195 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

Praying the US and Denmark avoid eachother in the whole tourney.

I want at the Italians again.

The home team always heads Group A and the US was there so yes.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#196 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:43 AM

Im glad they seeded the Netherlands instead of France. France simply did not belong there based on their play since the last WC

Well, France actually doesn't belong on this WC at all. I am wishing for a quick World Cup exit for them.

#197 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

Well, France actually doesn't belong on this WC at all. I am wishing for a quick World Cup exit for them.

Agreed. While I dont necessarily support the Irish claims of wanting in and all that, the French entry is dubious at best. I hope they get throttled during the group stages.

Portugal annoy me too. Especially that prick Maniche for some reason. I just want to hit him. Go to hell, Maniche.

#198 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hosting nation...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#199 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Hosting nation...

As much as I've followed the WC, since my clearest memories in '78, (still pissed the Dutch hit the crossbar in injury time) I never realized the host got a seed.

Hoping the US squeaks into their group.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#200 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

As much as I've followed the WC, since my clearest memories in '78, (still pissed the Dutch hit the crossbar in injury time) I never realized the host got a seed.

Hoping the US squeaks into their group.

So far every host nation has advanced to the 2nd round

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users