Posted ImagePosted Image

#122 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

Friggin' Mexicans are smoking the Costa Ricans. 3-0 right now.....

I really dislike those Mexicans.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#123 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

The refs in the US game tonight were really poor, a couple of bad calls both ways, and a really bad call on Altidore being offsides or interfering with the defender, whatever BS they were thinking, on what should have been the 3rd goal.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#124 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

The refs in the US game tonight were really poor, a couple of bad calls both ways, and a really bad call on Altidore being offsides or interfering with the defender, whatever BS they were thinking, on what should have been the 3rd goal.

Well, the ref who made that call was Honduran. Honduras is basically in a dead heat with us. I don't know that he took the calls away from us intentionally, but putting refs with vested interests in the outcome is just fvcking stupid.

Jozy Altidore's the man, on a completely unrelated note. Can we stop questioning his ability to perform in high altitude stadia? Thanks.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#125 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:01 AM

Denmark's going to qualfy.

Hopfully they will not be drawn into the same group as the US.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#126 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

:koolaid: USA wins!!

How many more points do they need to qualify for the world cup?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#127 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

How many more points do they need to qualify for the world cup?

It's not a set number of points. The top 3 teams in the group are in, the 4th place team is in a play in with a South American team. Whoever comes out of South America's gonna be good, so we really want to finish in the top 3. Right now the US and Honduras are tied with 13 points, though Honduras is destroying us on goal differential, which is the tie break. Mexico and Costa Rica have 12 points each. We have 3 more games -- a must win road game at Trinidad and Tobago followed by home games against Honduras and Costa Rica. Considering how well Mexico's playing right now, I'd say we need 4 points (win and tie) in those 2 games.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#128 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

Well, the ref who made that call was Honduran. Honduras is basically in a dead heat with us. I don't know that he took the calls away from us intentionally, but putting refs with vested interests in the outcome is just fvcking stupid.

Thats Concacaf for you -- worst confederation ever..:rant:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#129 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

It's not a set number of points. The top 3 teams in the group are in, the 4th place team is in a play in with a South American team. Whoever comes out of South America's gonna be good, so we really want to finish in the top 3. Right now the US and Honduras are tied with 13 points, though Honduras is destroying us on goal differential, which is the tie break. Mexico and Costa Rica have 12 points each. We have 3 more games -- a must win road game at Trinidad and Tobago followed by home games against Honduras and Costa Rica. Considering how well Mexico's playing right now, I'd say we need 4 points (win and tie) in those 2 games.

Oo got it.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#130 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

USA 1 T&T 0

wow - what a horrible game - US has fallen hard since Confd Cup ~~ if this is our best 11 then we got serious issues
Im not convinced by bradley...
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#131 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

USA 1 T&T 0

wow - what a horrible game - US has fallen hard since Confd Cup ~~ if this is our best 11 then we got serious issues
Im not convinced by bradley...

a loss to Mexico in Azteca where the US actually played half-way decent considering their history, and wins against El Salvador and T&T.

the US has found ways to win games it probably didn't deserve to win.

#132 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

Ugly win, but I think we'll take it and hope the US was just looking forward to the Honduras matchup. According to ESPN, we qualify with a win over Honduras, so here's to bringing the best game we can.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#133 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:50 AM

Ugly win, but I think we'll take it and hope the US was just looking forward to the Honduras matchup. According to ESPN, we qualify with a win over Honduras, so here's to bringing the best game we can.

Yeah - I dont think qualifying was our only goal though

.. mexico wins again at azteca very unconvincingly - I blame ussoccer for their resurgence, 2 months ago they would have lost that game.
Posted Image

#134 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

I've never seen Dempsey play worse......
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#135 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

Yeah - I dont think qualifying was our only goal though

.. mexico wins again at azteca very unconvincingly - I blame ussoccer for their resurgence, 2 months ago they would have lost that game.

Then what was? Winning it all? Well we'll be first in points if we win both of our own matches...can't ask for a better position right now, as we control our own destiny. We need the Honduras game right now, and I really hope we play like it, unlike the way we played against T&T.

If it was about the lack of quality of the T&T game, well, I guess everyone has their stinker games, and here's to hoping this wildly inconsistent US team can get in and get it together for the Cup in 2010
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#136 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

Then what was? Winning it all? Well we'll be first in points if we win both of our own matches...can't ask for a better position right now, as we control our own destiny. We need the Honduras game right now, and I really hope we play like it, unlike the way we played against T&T.

If it was about the lack of quality of the T&T game, well, I guess everyone has their stinker games, and here's to hoping this wildly inconsistent US team can get in and get it together for the Cup in 2010

Value if you think qualifying was the goal in 6 team tourney which 4 make it thru with the likes of T&T and El S then you havent been watching the preliminary round or much of Concacaf soccer.
The T&T game was only the latest of a string of subpar games the team has played ~ the truth is that this team is a huge step down to previous versions, it may be enough to squeeze (mexico not included) by these teams but when they face REAL opponents they and bradley will be exposed.
Posted Image

#137 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

[size="2"]You should blame the Mexican soccer federation for firing Sven-G

#138 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Dempsey....

Fire him :blink:

#139 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

We have 3 more games -- a must win road game at Trinidad and Tobago followed by home games against Honduras and Costa Rica.

In fairness, the Costa Rica game is in DC, but the Honduras game is in Honduras.

I wont be surprised to lose to Honduras considering, but we should beat Costa Rica at home. That will be a helluva game. Hoping it doesn't come down to a win or die (playoff) game though. Beat Honduras and we've clinched. I think it will be possible to clinch with a draw since Honduras lost yesterday, but Ive not looked at the table recently.

Going by what this team has done of late, Costa Rica will be the decider most likely. I'll be there, but I'd rather we have clinched already.

#140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Value if you think qualifying was the goal in 6 team tourney which 4 make it thru with the likes of T&T and El S then you havent been watching the preliminary round or much of Concacaf soccer.
The T&T game was only the latest of a string of subpar games the team has played ~ the truth is that this team is a huge step down to previous versions, it may be enough to squeeze (mexico not included) by these teams but when they face REAL opponents they and bradley will be exposed.

It's almost a year to the 2010 World Cup, doesn't matter how they look now, any more than it did in the Confed Cup. Just get in, they don't give you extra for finishing first here.

Besides I never thought they were that good anyway, fluke week in the Confed Cup aside.

Edited by Hasan4978, 10 September 2009 - 08:49 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users