337 replies to this topic

#141 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

It's almost a year to the 2010 World Cup, doesn't matter how they look now, any more than it did in the Confed Cup. Just get in, they don't give you extra for finishing first here.

Besides I never thought they were that good anyway, fluke week in the Confed Cup aside.

Have you seen our B team? you cant build a new team in a year, this is pretty much it.
The confed was a fluke but it also showed how far away they are (see ownage loses to italy and brazil for that)
Winning the group gives you the chance to be head of a group in 2010 which is a BIG advantage so yeah finishing first matters...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#142 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:07 AM

If we're put into the "Group of Death" again like we were in Germany, it won't even matter as there will probably be no chance of getting out of the group stage.

#143 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:37 PM

[quote name='ghdi' date='10 September 2009 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1252609468' post='798344']
In fairness, the Costa Rica game is in DC, but the Honduras game is in Honduras.

Yeah, my bad. I was gonna fix that, but then my internet died.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#144 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

If we're put into the "Group of Death" again like we were in Germany, it won't even matter as there will probably be no chance of getting out of the group stage.

we had a good chance of getting out of that group. we were the ONLY team not to lose to Italy. we got royally screwed against Ghana too, because we had all the momentum after Dempsey tied it up and then the ref gives Ghana a PK on a dive. the US couldnt recover.

#145 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:53 AM

we had a good chance of getting out of that group. we were the ONLY team not to lose to Italy. we got royally screwed against Ghana too, because we had all the momentum after Dempsey tied it up and then the ref gives Ghana a PK on a dive. the US couldnt recover.

Chances schmances. We didn't get out of it. It was the group of death and we were the sacrificial lamb.

If we're in a group with a strong African squad, one of Europe's perennial bests, and another halfway decent European squad again, we will not get out of the group....again.
Our finish in this qualifying is tantamount to our success in South Africa. Anything can happen in the knockout stages, but getting there is entirely dependent on our group.

Luckily theres a year to better our game, but outside of Jozy, who is emerging as a real threat up front, this team is still treading water when it comes to international competition. The CONFED Cup showing was nice, but no one takes that seriously anyway.

#146 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:23 AM

Anyone else going to the game in DC? I'll be in the supporters section. :boogie:
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#147 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

Anyone else going to the game in DC? I'll be in the supporters section. :boogie:

Yep, I'll be there as well.

#148 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

Have fun.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#149 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Have fun.

Thanks. I'm really excited about it. The only other game I've been to was the Gold Cup quarterfinal in Philly in July. This is my first time seeing the 'A' team live.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#150 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

Game v. Honduras is not going to be on TV at all.

Honduran douchebags

Explanation
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#151 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

Game v. Honduras is not going to be on TV at all.

Honduran douchebags

Explanation

Yeah that sucks.

Anyone know how to watch this game online???

#152 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

From http://www.nevadasmiths.net/

The Honduran FA apparently wanted to much money for this little trifle and therefore after two years and more than twenty games the match will only be available on a PPV basis at a select few commercial establishments.

Nevada Smiths will of course be one of them. there will be a $20 cover at the door payable to Innovative Sports who are the Honduran FA's broadcast provider. Nevada Smiths does not receive a cent from the door charge.

Sounds like it will be tough to bootleg online.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#153 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

I read some crazy stuff about this game in SI. Apparently there is/was a coup going on in Honduras?

#154 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

I read some crazy stuff about this game in SI. Apparently there is/was a coup going on in Honduras?

Oh ya, major stuff still going on. I think there was thought of moving the game even but somebody said something like if either side upset the soccer game the counties citizens would rise up against them. :lol: If you just google if you'll find a lot of stuff pretty easily.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#155 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,608 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

$20 cover charge? Wolff's Biergarten in Albany is only charging $10. It cost them $1500 to get the feed from the closed-circuit provider.

http://blog.timesuni...ccer-fans/2073/
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#156 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

nvm

Edited by Mike441, 10 October 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#157 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Ustream has a feed....but then it's just a guy eating. :lol:

Edit: Got on a laggy one, better than nothing.

Edited by Devils731, 10 October 2009 - 09:23 PM.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#158 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

im watching this feed - http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch2.html

i swear the guy announcing the game sounds sounds like hes just watching the game on TV.

Edited by nmigliore, 10 October 2009 - 09:31 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#159 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Thanks, that feed is a lot better.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#160 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

Casey gets his second, US up 2-1 after 65 or so minutes. Woooo

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users