POD: by Lou Lamoriello

msweet

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"It will be status quo to see where our budget is," Lamoriello revealed. "We have to make room for Rod Pelley and a couple of others. And we have to get more ice time for David Clarkson."

I guess Jeff has dropped the hammer....

If you don't know "where your budget is" after 10 hours of watching prices on players, I think you may need some more Ginkboloba

"It will be status quo to see where our budget is," Lamoriello revealed. "We have to make room for Rod Pelley and a couple of others. And we have to get more ice time for David Clarkson."

:doh1: Rod Pelley?!?!?! Why? he's horrible, same thing goes for Bergfors. We're screwed :(

Again, a lot of the forwards that are available are wingers, which we don't need. We need centers, of which a lot aren't available - at least not a lot of offensive centers anyway.

Among the d-men that were available, most are stay-at-home, defensive types, we need a puck-moving offensive force on the blueline but there aren't a lot of those available either, unless you wanted to give up three first-rounders and Clarkson for a year of Pronger.

It just isn't a good year to go shopping and the team honestly needed to shed most of the players that left. But they can't turn around and drop the ball by bringing back Jacques now, they've gone halfway with changing the philosophy now go full-bore and bring in someone committed to an attacking style off of solid d.

Edited by Hasan4978

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If this isn't a rebuilding year, I don't know what is.

Also, should I bump all of my old threads that I got flamed in? This team is on a huge decline and unless something MAJOR happens in the next few days no one can deny that.

The only thing Lou will do tomorrow is overpay Shanahan, so he can mentor the younger players.

Edited by metallidevils

Honestly, look at the whole pool. there were only a hand full of players that are worth their contracts. I mean, honeslty gio isn't worth that money. Plus, why draft players and never give them ice time?. I will be the first one to jump off a bridge during the season next year, but right now we're youthful.

sigh. rod pelley has to be on the roster because he is waiver-eligible.

+ he signed as a quid pro quo that he would be on the team this year (so it's not something you didn't know was coming)

+ he's better than Rupp or Bobby, especially what Bobby gave us last year

+ he kills penalties, which neither of them did, nor would you even attempt to have them do.

+ all reports from Lowell was that he was a better player than the last time he was there

it's a dumb quote because it's going to piss people off, but it's being taken way out of context

If this isn't a rebuilding year, I don't know what is.

Also, should I bump all of my old threads that I got flamed in? This team is on a huge decline and unless something MAJOR happens in the next few days no one can deny that.

The only thing Lou will do tomorrow is overpay Shanahan, so he can mentor the younger players.

shhhhhh youll incurr the wrath of DevilnLA .. be uiet drink your cup

kay, now i want to smack you upside the head. 7.5 mill a year for a guy who gets hurt if he breathes incorrectly.

if anything, the rags skated in a circle today. they didn't get better.

Posted this stat on face book before...

in 8 NHL seasons, has been hurt everyone of them. 08- 17 GP

07-77 GP

06-44 GP

05-65 GP

03-81 GP

02-78 GP

01-81 GP

include the few years in czech and it's worse...

Brashear is an older avery that has whatever goal scoring avery has, minus 10.

( plus avery scores goal's like so... :: BLOCK GOALIE, BUMP GOALIE... DEFLECTION GOAL!::)

it's a dumb quote because it's going to piss people off, but it's being taken way out of context

It's funny though, people rag on Lou for being vague then he kind of is honest and gets ripped for that. I mean nothing's wrong with getting Clarkson more icetime, he got an embarassing lack of it in the playoffs when he was playing well. I'm not a big believer in giving Pelley 20 minutes a night (i.e. the Madden role), that'd be insane. Just let him play 8-10 minutes on the fourth line and PK.

As far as the budget, well it's bad PR to actually come out and admit that but at least we actually care about the cap unlike another team in our area that seems to like having no breathing room.

Edited by Hasan4978

shhhhhh youll incurr the wrath of DevilnLA .. be uiet drink your cup

You never get it man....I just want to know what it is you WANT to happen instead of just running around calling every lemmings here. I'm not happy w/Lou either, nor have I ever been a "loyal supporter"

You just never actually make a point of saying WHAT HE SHOULD DO! Its like a broken record....

I'm interested....in your thoughts....

Unless you just work for Koolaid and your job is to purely promote their product?