"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

I will start the petition that the petition maker is an idiot.

The Rangers run their team based on the whim of their fans, the Devils don't. Which track record has been better?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

Fail.

+1
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#5 TheRadHeedan

TheRadHeedan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

Ehhh. Anyone who actually would want to sign that should probably wait until we all see how this situation pans out. I for one am very frustrated right now and after reading that I am a bit more, but I don't necessarily agree that the fan base will die. I know that I will never "retire" as a fan... always gotta have faith in your team.

#6 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

almost want to sign it just to give it a slightly better chance of actually making it to Lou or Jeff so they can get a much needed laugh out of it.

Sadest part of that whole petition (other than the thing itself) they mentioned lossing scott stevens as one of Lou' ree agent day screw ups :blink: . and here i was under the impression he rtired due to post concssion syndrome ... may bad right? :whistling:

#7 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

almost want to sign it just to give it a slightly better chance of actually making it to Lou or Jeff so they can get a much needed laugh out of it.

Sadest part of that whole petition (other than the thing itself) they mentioned lossing scott stevens as one of Lou' ree agent day screw ups :blink: . and here i was under the impression he rtired due to post concssion syndrome ... may bad right? :whistling:

Well if you mail it to Lou with a handwritten letter he'll definitely read it and get his laugh.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#8 Middlesex

Middlesex

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:07 AM

http://www.ipetition...on/stepdownlou/

Lou has turned this team from a "Mickey Mouse organization" to a class of the league operation who's only worry come game #77 is what seed will we be in. GOD FORBID we empathize with Florida Panther fans who fight and fight and fight only to take the #9 seed. and by the way come opening day we will add ANOTHER Division Title year to our many accolades.

I petition you FrozenFire to step down and Vacate your account.
NJDevs resident MMA expert and the only ice hockey goalie ever to fight his own defenseman.

NHL: Brodeur, Madden, Ovechkin, Janssen, Elias, Kovalchuk, Pelley, Sugulobov, Tendenby, Terreri
MMA: St. Pierre, Mir, Machida, Mitrione, Edgar, Sotiropoulous, Mr. Wonderful, Bones, Struve
NFL: Manning, Jacobs, Matt Bryant, Favre

3-0 Game Day Threads.

Est. 1990: Crawling on the carpet in '95, listening to Game 6 on the radio in '00 (past my bedtime), Attended Game 1 in '03

#9 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

Posted Image

#10 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:39 AM

Lou has turned this team from a "Mickey Mouse organization" to a class of the league operation who's only worry come game #77 is what seed will we be in. GOD FORBID we empathize with Florida Panther fans who fight and fight and fight only to take the #9 seed. and by the way come opening day we will add ANOTHER Division Title year to our many accolades.

I petition you FrozenFire to step down and Vacate your account.

+1. I got a kick out of making the request out to "John Vanderbeek."

#11 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

This has to be a joke. No one should sign it. This is not the way to send a message.

Staying out of the Rock for one game is much better..... make sure the press knows about the staged walk out before it happens. The league will be all over Jeff Van to make changes immediately because they can't afford a repeat (no fans in seats) (story on sports pages all over North America) a few nights later.

#12 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

This thing is rediculous.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#13 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

What the hell are people frustrated about so far? We knew Madden, Rupp and Clemmer were gone. Most probably hoped to resign Gio but at nowhere near $5 mill per season. Forget about that little thing called a SALARY CAP?

Everyone needs to stop getting their panties in a bunch just because the Rangers got Gaborik.

Edited by pattyelias, 02 July 2009 - 07:48 AM.

#14 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

This has to be a joke. No one should sign it. This is not the way to send a message.

Staying out of the Rock for one game is much better..... make sure the press knows about the staged walk out before it happens. The league will be all over Jeff Van to make changes immediately because they can't afford a repeat (no fans in seats) (story on sports pages all over North America) a few nights later.

Orioles fans tried that a few years ago in an attempt to force Peter Angelos to surrender control of the team. It didn't work.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#15 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

this thread sucks

Edited by DevilMinder, 02 July 2009 - 10:50 AM.
Anti virus detected trojan in image.

New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#16 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

According to this petition, it's Lou's fault we lost Stevens...AKA retirement. EPIC FAIL.
Devils.

#17 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

Hahaha a whole 15 signatures, and most fake people/players names.

Posted Image

Edited by BlizzardCyclone, 02 July 2009 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was at the Fraser signing we talked about the Retro jerseys. He says the team is excited to wear them and Clarkson was running around the locker room with his red helmet on like a madman.

#18 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

What the hell are people frustrated about so far? We knew Madden, Rupp and Clemmer were gone. Most probably hoped to resign Gio but at nowhere near $5 mill per season. Forget about that little thing called a SALARY CAP?

Everyone needs to stop getting their panties in a bunch just because the Rangers got Gaborik.

But, it's the end of the world. We's all gonna die.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#19 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

I signed on behalf of Brent Sutter. :) I think we should all sign as a joke as the guy who made this obviously doesn't know sh*t. When he sends it to JVB can you imagine the laugh they'd get from this? I've learned on many occasions that Lou is a better GM than I am and I've eaten enough crow calling him out. At least give Lou credit for learning from his mistakes and not throwing money at anyone who moves (aka Montreal or NY). Nothing wrong with cap space.

Can't call a marathon after the first few steps.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#20 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

Um...no. Lou is a HHOFer, and though he's gotten worse with age, he doesn't deserve to be fired. We're still making the playoffs every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users