151 replies to this topic

#81 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

I guess someone's got a story, but via Spector, Kovalev's agent says that the NJ Devils never offered a contract and are not amongst the 5/6/ teams left biddin gfor his services....

Hmmmm.....
Spector's Theories

Didn't think we were....

I don't think we we'e. I think this is just an idiotic article.

Edited by GOLDJR41, 04 July 2009 - 08:55 PM.

Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#82 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

I've been interning at a roller hockey rink in Edison, and every day I hear a guy from Staten Island complain about New Jersey's pizza. Next one is going to get smacked.

Staten Island Guy just probably isn't used to toppings like pepperoni and sausage. He's probably more accustomed to AquaNet and garbage.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#83 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:30 AM

I guess someone's got a story, but via Spector, Kovalev's agent says that the NJ Devils never offered a contract and are not amongst the 5/6/ teams left biddin gfor his services....

That's good. Not only is he a right winger (and we have plenty of those, that's why we let Gionta go), he's also old and inconsistent. If Lou wants to bring a forward, he should go after a center (and we know he is going).

#84 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

Any news on the saku koivu rangers devils sweepstakes?

#85 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

Any news on the saku koivu rangers devils sweepstakes?

Yes, the Rangers offered him $10 billion per year for 20 seasons.

Oh wait, they have no money.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#86 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

:cryriver:

Forgot this..
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#87 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

:cryriver:

Forgot this..

Sorry.! Thanks!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#88 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

Yes, the Rangers offered him $10 billion per year for 20 seasons.

Only $10 billion.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#89 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

I just home Devils sign him but i wonder if all that Zajac arbitration story will affect the negotiations because

Lou won't be able to know how much money he has in bank
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#90 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

I just home Devils sign him but i wonder if all that Zajac arbitration story will affect the negotiations because

Lou won't be able to know how much money he has in bank

We have a little over 12 million in cap space and Lou sounded pretty content to do nothing else after we signed the dude from Finland, so I don't know if Zajac's arb hearing will really factor too heavily. I know Lou is concerned about the cap drop next season but whatever Koivu makes + whatever Zajac wins in arb isn't going to come close to making up 12 million dollars.

David Krecji of the Bruins just signed a contract as an RFA worth 3.75 mil a year. So I can't see Zajac exceeding that much in arb.

#91 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Staten Island Guy just probably isn't used to toppings like pepperoni and sausage. He's probably more accustomed to AquaNet and garbage.

I hate to say .. Connecticut -- specifically New Haven pizza is the best Pizza in the country hands down. Hands down no contest :noclue: NJ pizza is amazingly awfully -- it runs a close second to pizza hut or shakey's even! It's doughy and the sauce is just off....like it's from a can. You might get lucky if you have a brick oven place... but pretty much folks -- NJ pizza really does suck. You might as well be in the Midwest -- seriously.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 July 2009 - 03:09 PM.

I'm here for the party

#92 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

I hate to say .. Connecticut -- specifically New Haven pizza is the best Pizza in the country hands down. Hands down no contest :noclue: NJ pizza is amazingly awfully -- it runs a close second to pizza hut or shakey's even! It's doughy and the sauce is just off....like it's from a can. You might get lucky if you have a brick oven place... but pretty much folks -- NJ pizza really does suck. You might as well be in the Midwest -- seriously.

LIAR! How could you say such mean and hurtful things?! :evilcry:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#93 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

Best pizza I ever had was in San Diego believe it or not.
It's the whiskey talking.

#94 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Best pizza I ever had was in San Diego believe it or not.

Whereabouts in SD, if you remember?

I have a strong affinity for that city, even though I've only been once. Three separate trips to Cali, to three separate cities, and SD was by far my favorite.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#95 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

pete and elda's in neptune city is pretty damn good pizza.

so is lasso's in chinatown ny.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#96 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

Depends on where you go. Around me, Pat's in Pt. Pleasant or P.J.'s in Brick are pretty awesome. Federici's in Freehold might be the best thin-crust on the planet. Aside from them, it's a crap shoot.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#97 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Holy crap! A redheaded woodpecker! He's much bigger than I expected! I've never seen one! I thought they were full of it when they said they had one next door because there are red bellied all over... how cute!

Sorry -- forgot what thread I was in :blush: OH! I already ruined this thread with pizza talk... sorry guys!

Hmm.. pizza in San Diego... I've never been there. But I did like this place called Island pizza on Sanibel - the crust was like a cracker... :unsure: I think I've posted this here before.

I'm here for the party

#98 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Depends on where you go. Around me, Pat's in Pt. Pleasant or P.J.'s in Brick are pretty awesome. Federici's in Freehold might be the best thin-crust on the planet. Aside from them, it's a crap shoot.

NY has the best pizza, specifically on Long Island and some places in the city, sorry but upstate doesnt count cause theirs sucks. its impossible not to find a good pizza place on long island, or bagels for that matter
we have dominos, and pizza hut but their the worst pizza on LI

#99 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Whereabouts in SD, if you remember?

I have a strong affinity for that city, even though I've only been once. Three separate trips to Cali, to three separate cities, and SD was by far my favorite.

I'm an old San Diegan myself. It's called Del Mar Pizza, right by the beach. The guy that used to own it was named Tony and he was from NYC. I suspect he doesnt run it anymore however, he was already old, so it may not be the same nowadays. Of course, for the real SD treat, it's Rubios for fish tacos or Robertos for rolled tacos.
It's the whiskey talking.

#100 arena2004

arena2004

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

Pizza Hut on Rt 9 North after the Mall because it's still open after 25 years.

Vesuvio Belmar

Federici's Freehold

Vic's Bradley Beach

Not pizza but real quick:

http://www.roadfood....s/m440-p33.aspx

I was reliving my past and driving down Ocean Ave with my mother, father, my uncles and aunts who grew up living, working and putting themselves through school at St.Peters and St. Francis in Altoona PA.

All of them lived at Jerry Lynch's, also the Sea Girt in and the Byrne Boys and then would hit Sideroffs at 19th Ave and Ocean Ave for the best hot dogs on the shore.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."

2010 Bon Jovi Tickets Here!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users