Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

Greetings Devil fans, I come in peace!

From Hockey Rumor Buzz

http://bleacherrepor...nogenov-kotalik

The latest information to hit my desk!

When looking at the New Jersey Devils lackluster roster, it can be sure that they are looking to bolster a very mediocre forward corps that saw the team lose John Madden, Bobby Holik, and Mike Rupp.

The answer to the Devils' woes comes in the form of two ex-Buffalo Sabres forwards Maxim Afinogenov and Ales Kotalik.

A source very close to Devils management has informed us, after much reluctance at first, that the Devils have not only made an offer to Saku Koivu, as stated yesterday by Hockey Rumor Buzz, but are also pursuing these two aforementioned players.

Both have blazing speed and can put the puck in the net and with the right line-mates, twenty goals from each of them will be very easily acquired.

In the next few days you will be hearing more of this situation and expect a signing shortly after.

Afinogenov to New Jersey HRB Rating: 5

Kotalik to New Jersey HRB Rating: 3

By Leopold

Hockey Rumor Buzz Correspondent

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

....... brief pause.... OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

....... brief pause.... OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

He comes in peace!

........KILL HIM!

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

This guy is a douche. Read his article about Koivu coming to the Devils:

In reference to the possibility of Koivu signing with the Devs or Rags (from Bleacher Report):

The Devils and Rangers now have both offered three year deals but where would you rather play and lose? In a musky dump in the middle of a gang violence zone, or in the bright spotlight of Broadway? I say Koivu ends up in New York.

http://bleacherrepor...-and-koivuoh-my

Go whore your crappy site somewhere else. Also I never thought I would see the day when someone tried to rip of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate). HRB Rating ....lame

Edited by DevRickus, 07 July 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

i'd bet so much money against either of these players coming to new jersey

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Afinogenov can't come to New Jersey. Rick Jeanneret will be so crushed.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#7 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

very mediocre? at least we have more than 6 or 7 players signed.

In reference to the possibility of Koivu signing with the Devs or Rags (from Bleacher Report):

Go whore your crappy site somewhere else. Also I never thought I would see the day when someone tried to rip of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate). HRB Rating ....lame

I think Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) should be notified. I'm sure he's copyrighted all of his various crap and garbage.

#8 Rangerfan30

Rangerfan30

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

You guys don't think that Kotalik and Afinogenov would be good fits for the Devils? That's why I came here and posted it because I heard the Rangers were after Kotalik and wanted to know the thoughts from fans on the other side of the river.

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

You guys don't think that Kotalik and Afinogenov would be good fits for the Devils? That's why I came here and posted it because I heard the Rangers were after Kotalik and wanted to know the thoughts from fans on the other side of the river.

no. they aren't. they're good fits for the rangers because the rangers don't take into account if a player actually wants to play in new york.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

"I bring you love!"

"It's bringing love! Break it's legs!"
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

go back to your "bright lights" and enjoy the countless seasons of 7th place finishes and 1st round exits. I don't care what our environment is, and I don't care where we play- we have 3 parking lot celebrations. You have 1 parade. Which would you choose?

...if you know the rangers suck, in 94 they bought a cup, if you know the rangers suck, clap your hands..

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#12 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

Afinogenov can't come to New Jersey. Rick Jeanneret will be so crushed.

True story. :giggle:

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#13 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image

"I bring you love!"

Post of the day/week/fortnight/month/year/score/century.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#14 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

Is it a sudden miracle? Does NY no longer have gangs either!?!? Sure does seem it from that post! I think I've encountered more bums and crackheads in NY in one day than the past 2 seasons of traveling into Newark.
Devils.

#15 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:37 AM

We need a first line center, not a crappy third line RW in Kotalik... I'd like to have Maxim, but only if the price were right. His numbers have been down, so in theory you'd think he'd command less than the 3.5 mil he made last year. However, with the ridiculous deals that have been made during this offseason for underperformers (Brian Gionta's 5mil per comes to mind) I gotta believe somebody's going to pony up for him, and it won't be Lou.
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#16 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

Posted Image

"I bring you love!"

LOL

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#17 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:45 AM

The Devils and Rangers now have both offered three year deals but where would you rather play and lose? In a musky dump in the middle of a gang violence zone, or in the bright spotlight of Broadway? I say Koivu ends up in New York.

I'll take our Newark thugs over their Broadway douchebags any day of the week.

Plus, the Bloods and the Crips could totally kick the sh!t out of the Lion King and Les Mis.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#18 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

Broadway gangs can be tough...
Posted Image

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#19 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

I wouldn't mind Kotalik instead of Shanahan to team up with Bergfors to try and replicate Gionta's numbers but I'm sure some other team could give him more playing time/bigger role.

Like the Rangers because they have no one on their team right now.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#20 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

Does any Ranger fan really come in peace? :whistling:
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users