#1 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

Anyone here into cigars?

I'm not talking about Phillies Blunts guys.. I'm talking about fine hand rolled cigars (and I refuse to buy the ones sold at the Rock by those annoying people.. why would I buy your no name cigar when I could get a well aged brand name cigar for the same price?)

I just got a small humidor to hold mine.. I used to buy and smoke them one at a time but I've decided to buy some and age them a little..

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there likes to enjoy a cigar from time to time

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#2 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

Anyone here into cigars?

I'm not talking about Phillies Blunts guys.. I'm talking about fine hand rolled cigars (and I refuse to buy the ones sold at the Rock by those annoying people.. why would I buy your no name cigar when I could get a well aged brand name cigar for the same price?)

I just got a small humidor to hold mine.. I used to buy and smoke them one at a time but I've decided to buy some and age them a little..

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there likes to enjoy a cigar from time to time

I don't mind a King Edward from time to time. Did you know that Ken Daneyko likes a good cigar ? he says there's a good cigar store in Hoboken where he gets his from.

#3 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

I don't mind a King Edward from time to time. Did you know that Ken Daneyko likes a good cigar ? he says there's a good cigar store in Hoboken where he gets his from.

I'll have to look into that.. Google says there's more than one in Hoboken... Thanks for being my only responder :unsure: ;)

I'm sure Kenny smokes something like a Padron type cigar for $20 bucks a pop..

My personal favorite brand is Gurkha.. They just make a smooth and flavorful cigar great for hanging out with.. But my favorite "everyday smoke" is Romeo y Julieta

I recommend going to JR Cigar in Whippany, NJ if you can.. their showroom is a giant walk-in humidor like 150 ft by 80 ft.. It's a sick place man and the pricing is decent

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#4 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

I'll have to look into that.. Google says there's more than one in Hoboken... Thanks for being my only responder :unsure: ;)

I'm sure Kenny smokes something like a Padron type cigar for $20 bucks a pop..

My personal favorite brand is Gurkha.. They just make a smooth and flavorful cigar great for hanging out with.. But my favorite "everyday smoke" is Romeo y Julieta

I recommend going to JR Cigar in Whippany, NJ if you can.. their showroom is a giant walk-in humidor like 150 ft by 80 ft.. It's a sick place man and the pricing is decent

That might be a problem for me Colin, I live in Texas :doh1: However, If I have time I'll drop in when I eventually come up to NJ to see a game at the rock.
I used to smoke (from time to time) little cheroots called Hamlet, but that was when I lived in England, they are in packs of 5. If you were in a bar you could buy singles to go along with your fav tipple :)

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

That might be a problem for me Colin, I live in Texas :doh1: However, If I have time I'll drop in when I eventually come up to NJ to see a game at the rock.
I used to smoke (from time to time) little cheroots called Hamlet, but that was when I lived in England, they are in packs of 5. If you were in a bar you could buy singles to go along with your fav tipple :)

Do they do that at the bars in Ireland? I'm hoping to study abroad there.. Ha wow Texas, well maybe JR has a store by you?

Sweet stuff

#6 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

I only smoke from time to time due to the expense but when I do I love taking advantage of the deals at JR. That place is friggen sick! I normally take advantage of whatever the cigar of the week is, but the brands I tend to buy are Don Diego, H. Upmann, and Montecristo (I love this brand, especially the Afrique) . Romeo Y Julieta are great as well, in fact my two smoking buddies love this brand the best, I definitely go for Montecristo's everytime though. I also love to smoke Al Capone's (Rum Dipped) but those tend to be cheaper at local stores like Walgreen's than JR, although JR has some other awesome cigarillo brands.

What do they sell at the rock, its Jimenez right? I've had a couple and from what I remember I thought they were decent cigars, but to be honest I tend to not be that picky. I also don't mind the people selling them, some of those women look great.

Normally in the summer or over winter break when my friends come back from college is when we tend to smoke, but since I have been away for most of this summer and won't be back in Jersey till mid August I haven't smoked in forever. Definitely going to make a trip there just before everyone leaves again.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 12 July 2009 - 01:10 AM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#7 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

I only smoke from time to time due to the expense but when I do I love taking advantage of the deals at JR. That place is friggen sick! I normally take advantage of whatever the cigar of the week is, but the brands I tend to buy are Don Diego, H. Upmann, and Montecristo (I love this brand, especially the Afrique) . Romeo Y Julieta are great as well, in fact my two smoking buddies love this brand the best, I definitely go for Montecristo's everytime though. I also love to smoke Al Capone's (Rum Dipped) but those tend to be cheaper at local stores like Walgreen's than JR, although JR has some other awesome cigarillo brands.

What do they sell at the rock, its Jimenez right? I've had a couple and from what I remember I thought they were decent cigars, but to be honest I tend to not be that picky. I also don't mind the people selling them, some of those women look great.

Normally in the summer or over winter break when my friends come back from college is when we tend to smoke, but since I have been away for most of this summer and won't be back in Jersey till mid August I haven't smoked in forever. Definitely going to make a trip there just before everyone leaves again.

Montecristo and Don Diego are great brands.. I'm actually going to JR in a few hours!! I like cigars dipped in various liquors because of the extra flavor although some people get offended by that and think it ruins the cigar.. Sweet man thanks!

#8 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

I love cigars. If you want to try a great cigar try the Macanudo Vintage 97. I have had trouble finding them recently but they go for about $15 a piece. Best cigar I have had. Better than some of the cubans I have had.

Edited by DevRickus, 12 July 2009 - 12:34 PM.

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

I love cigars. If you want to try a great cigar try the Macanudo Vintage 97. I have had trouble finding them recently but they go for about $15 a piece. Best cigar I have had. Better than some of the cubans I have had.

That's a hefty price but I'm a sucker for a good smoke.. I'll add it to the list of cigars I need to buy :boogie:

#10 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

Right now I'm sitting on my porch smoking a Rocky Patel Edge Corojo Toro, drinking some hard lemonade, listening to some relaxing music, and just enjoying this perfect weather.. It's absolutely the life

And the cigar is delicious.. I actually got it free too from cigarfox.com -- if you buy 2 or more "build-your-own" samplers you get a free Rocky Patel Toro Sampler box.. I highly recommend it

Edited by Colin226, 14 July 2009 - 04:21 PM.

#11 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

<!--quoteo(post=781669:date=Jul 9 2009, 12:28 AM:name=Colin226)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Colin226 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=781669"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone here into cigars?

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there likes to enjoy a cigar from time to time<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i get mine from the same store haha

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#12 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:06 AM

<!--quoteo(post=781669:date=Jul 9 2009, 12:28 AM:name=Colin226)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Colin226 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=781669"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone here into cigars?

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there likes to enjoy a cigar from time to time<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i get mine from the same store haha

What's the name?

#13 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

Cohiba Corona Crystals aren't bad.

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

Cohiba Corona Crystals aren't bad.

Cohiba? Someone's livin' the high life lol.. I have one in my collection because they're a wonderful smoke but man are they expensive

#15 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

Ha-ha, well that someone isn't me! They are my father-in-law's favorite. Whenever he's in town, a few times a year, we'll sit and smoke one after dinner with a little port wine.

#16 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Ha-ha, well that someone isn't me! They are my father-in-law's favorite. Whenever he's in town, a few times a year, we'll sit and smoke one after dinner with a little port wine.

That's awesome.. Your father-in-law has great taste too

#17 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

A buddy of mine is also into cigars. Next time I see him, I'll ask him what he prefers.

#18 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

The only time I smoked cigars is when I had the opportunity to smoke a Cuban in the British Virgin Islands.

It's nothing I'd do, but at least I had the experience.

#19 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

The only time I smoked cigars is when I had the opportunity to smoke a Cuban in the British Virgin Islands.

So how was it?

#20 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

So how was it?

The only things I've ever smoke in my life were a Cuban cigar in the islands, and a Strawberry Philly. Haha so I can safely say the Cuban was better. But I am in no way qualified to make statements on the quality of cigars. Nor wil I ever touch one again, personal reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users