#42 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

Posted Image
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#43 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

This could be one of the worst days in the history of the franchise.

#44 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

It doesn't matter who the coach is or what style we play, as long as we win.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#45 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

So if the new strat is to have all the players lay in the goal the whole game and play for the 0-0 tie and then try to get the extra point in the shootout you're ok with that?
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#46 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

We have a top 5 player in the game that we are going to turn into a 20 goal scorer.

#47 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Heres a photo from todays drills...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was at the Fraser signing we talked about the Retro jerseys. He says the team is excited to wear them and Clarkson was running around the locker room with his red helmet on like a madman.

#48 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

So if the new strat is to have all the players lay in the goal the whole game and play for the 0-0 tie and then try to get the extra point in the shootout you're ok with that?

If it means we win, yes
My only concern is if Parise is held back offensively then he may not want to resign with the team. But Rolston did well under Lemaire so I hope that Parise does too.

Edited by The Rock 07, 13 July 2009 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#49 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

perhaps it's time to move Grandpa Lou to a nice place...assisted living community, etc.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#50 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

I'm not going to be a big fan of the move if we get Lemaire. But if we hit the ground running in October, eh, I'll take it.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#51 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

Heres a photo from todays drills...

Posted Image

No, it's not.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#52 Jdub

Jdub

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

Well we can expect a Stellar year from Marty under Lemaire.... I bet it will be his best year in roughly 4-5 seasons

#53 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

WOW...that's a little heavy.

Remember if Lemaire sucks this year, Lou has no problem firing coaches.

IMO as long as Lou is here the coach is not as important as they are to other teams.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#54 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

I'm not going to be a big fan of the move if we get Lemaire. But if we hit the ground running in October, eh, I'll take it.

wikipedia is edited by like everyone, any info on that site is bogus unless its backed up by an article at the bottom
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#55 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

wikipedia is edited by like everyone, any info on that site is bogus unless its backed up by an article at the bottom

I know, just thought it was worth mentioning.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#56 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

IMO as long as Lou is here the coach is not as important as they are to other teams.

+1

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#57 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

No its not that heavy. If this is indeed true, I think everyone owes msweet an apology over the "Is Lou Delusional" thread. I'm done with Lou. I'd go into further detail, but I'm holding out hope it's not true

#58 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Photo from the press conference...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was at the Fraser signing we talked about the Retro jerseys. He says the team is excited to wear them and Clarkson was running around the locker room with his red helmet on like a madman.

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Well we can expect a Stellar year from Marty under Lemaire.... I bet it will be his best year in roughly 4-5 seasons

In his last two full seasons, he's put up his second- and third-highest season save%s, despite facing the highest and third-highest season shot totals.

How much more stellar can he be expected to be, unless you're thinking the shots-against will go down.

If it IS Lemaire who's going to be named head coach, I don't think it's going to be as horrible as some here think. I'm going in with an open mind.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#60 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Photo from the press conference...

Posted Image

What a beautiful fake :rolleyes:
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users