184 replies to this topic

#81 DINO COSTA

DINO COSTA

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

Clearly, WFAN will stop everything they are doing and head right to the presser - and then stay on it with at least the first 10-12 questions.

Right.

Then this afternoon, Mike will take the first 2 hours of his show breaking down the elements that went into the move - then he'll either give it his blessing - or condemn the move and tell us why.

Edited by DINO COSTA, 13 July 2009 - 11:52 AM.

#82 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Lou needs to learn to make new friends. Instead of just hiring/signing all the old ones.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#83 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Any streaming or anything? Has there already been info on that?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#84 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

It's a conference call. There really would be nothing to stream.

#85 USC09

USC09

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

It will be a conference call, so maybe the FAN will carry it, or I would check MSG or MSG+ at 1:30 PM.

#86 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

It will be a conference call, so maybe the FAN will carry it, or I would check MSG or MSG+ at 1:30 PM.

LOL, the FAN... they'll be too busy discussing what A-rod had for lunch today, followed by an in-depth breakdown of the all-star game.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#87 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

This could be one of the worst days in the history of the franchise.

perhaps it's time to move Grandpa Lou to a nice place...assisted living community, etc.

I have one room left at my community where I work. It is pricy, but I think Lou can afford it... Tell him to bring some Devils goodies with him to give to me.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#88 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

Maybe marty has been badgering Lou about his "there needs to be a second fench canadien on the team to win the cup" theory so much that he cracked and now he's going to play P3L , Lemaire, and Trembley so there is frenchy's everywhere!

In seriousness Lemaire is a coaching genius. I doubt that he plans to change the way he coaches, and i have no problem with him teaching the finer points of defensive play and prioritizing your own end over the other as long as he doesn't stiffle our youth and scoring talent.

... In Lou We Trust? YEAH THAT ONE! :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

#89 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

It's a conference call. There really would be nothing to stream.

I'm using my mobile, and all I saw was the thread title "NEWS: Devils to name Head Coach TODAY" and description "1:30 PM Press Conference" when I clicked add reply. My apologies.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#90 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,055 posts

Sooo anyone found the phone number so we can call in a tie up the lines so it'll be like it never happened? :whistling:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#91 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

Did you know the number of elephants has tripled in the last six months?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#92 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

I guess it's safe to assume it's not someone with the last name "Sutter".
It's the whiskey talking.

#93 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

was checking to see if MSG netowrk was carrying the conf call - I guess they haven't updated their site in some time...

http://live.msgnetwork.com/devils.jsp
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#94 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

Did you know the number of elephants has tripled in the last six months?

aha nice.

lolol section that link is classic. all it needs to do is to go back 8 years. 'lemaire to dress daniels, scratch elias in playoffs'

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#95 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

was checking to see if MSG netowrk was carrying the conf call - I guess they haven't updated their site in some time...

http://live.msgnetwork.com/devils.jsp

The hell? hahaha

#96 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

I'm glad to see Rasmussen is coming back, based on the MSG site, maybe his signing is the big announcement.

Edited by Devils731, 13 July 2009 - 12:17 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#97 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

I don't think conference calls are ever carried on the radio or TV. All it is is a phone call. You might have people recording it for sound bytes, but I've never heard of these things going live on the air. And MSG/MSG+ isn't going to cut into programming to announce a new head coach, not without a full-fledged press conference (and even then it's unlikely since it's the Devils).
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#98 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

I'm glad to see Rasmussen is coming back, based on the MSG site, maybe his signing is the big announcement.

don't forget Hale!

David Hale assures Devils fans that he will be with the team soon :

#99 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

I don't think conference calls are ever carried on the radio or TV. All it is is a phone call. You might have people recording it for sound bytes, but I've never heard of these things going live on the air. And MSG/MSG+ isn't going to cut into programming to announce a new head coach, not without a full-fledged press conference (and even then it's unlikely since it's the Devils).

SNY (mets) always broadcast conference calls on TV... usually its a picture of the GM on the screen and you hear the reporters asking him questions.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#100 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

I knew it was only yesterday that we picked Corrente at #30... The lines were so long in the bubble :( The new arena in Newark will be sweet!

"New Jersey was able to sign 2005-06 breakout star Brian Gionta to a three-year deal." WHOOPS. then again, MTL?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users