• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#121 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

It is clear that Lou thinks Johnny Mac needs time as a HC before taking the reins.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#122 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

Google Image searches for "ITS A TRAP!" by IP addresses based out of New Jersey and New York skyrocket.

Posted Image

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#123 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

DRINK UP KOOL-AIDERS !
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#124 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

DRINK UP KOOL-AIDERS !

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#125 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

i'm so disappointed that i just don't care.

i'm serious - lou knows what he knows and is so resistant to risk or change. he dipped his toe in with sutter and only got burned because the guy was a two faced prick.

there was that quote that some agent said "its pretty obvious how they do it in NJ no matter what's going on with a coach or anything else."

this is a franchise standing still and its disappointing.

twice he has won the Adams Trophy ! maybe it was the players, the expectations, or him. but it was twice...

#126 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

It is clear that Lou thinks Johnny Mac needs time as a HC before taking the reins.

.....and its good to see Stevens "assist" and join the coaching staff in lowell. What better player could possibly help and teach our younger defenseman in lowell..
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#127 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,038 posts

Lou's lost it.

#128 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

ok, lets see what other re-treads Lou can dig up.. Way to go Lou, such ingenuity!

#129 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

I'm disappointed. I don't think this will necessarily mean total failure, but I don't see this move leading to much post-season success. If anything this will keep the organization in a stand still in my opinion.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#130 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

It will be a conference call, so maybe the FAN will carry it, or I would check MSG or MSG+ at 1:30 PM.

I don't think conference calls are ever carried on the radio or TV. All it is is a phone call. You might have people recording it for sound bytes, but I've never heard of these things going live on the air. And MSG/MSG+ isn't going to cut into programming to announce a new head coach, not without a full-fledged press conference (and even then it's unlikely since it's the Devils).

SNY (mets) always broadcast conference calls on TV... usually its a picture of the GM on the screen and you hear the reporters asking him questions.

That's because SNY is desperate for programming. :P

(So's MSG, but they'll never admit it.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#131 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,126 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

Wasn't Marty quoted saying something along the lines of..."I love Jacques but the organization has moved on."

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#132 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

I'm disappointed. I don't think this will necessarily mean total failure, but I don't see this move leading to much post-season success. If anything this will keep the organization in a stand still in my opinion.

this move typifies Lou...safe and cheap.

#133 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Wasn't Marty quoted saying something along the lines of..."I love Jacques but the organization has moved on."

I think the question was more about style of play, asking if he'd want the team to go back to a really passive trap system.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#134 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,852 posts

Marty will be saying something different when he's a Vezina finalist again ...as a result of what Jacques does.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#135 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Google Image searches for "ITS A TRAP!" by IP addresses based out of New Jersey and New York skyrocket.

Posted Image

My new avatar=It's a trap-goodness.

http://obamiconme.pa....png?1247507578

Edited by RSC, 13 July 2009 - 12:49 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#136 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,840 posts

post seasons were pretty good in 94 and 95. missed it in 96, and had 2 devastating losses in 98/99.
I'll take that 50 percent success rate when he gets to the second season.

#137 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Anyone else think we should give him a chance before damning him to bad-coach hell?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#138 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

This from the Newark Star Ledger:

New Jersey Devils hire Jacques Lemaire to be their new head coach

http://www.nj.com/de...re_jacques.html

Lemaire, who said he intends to coach for more than one season, also said he has mellowed over the years in Minnesota, and is better at communicating with the players than he used to be. He also promised to be more open to having a team that will do more offensively than the neutral zone trap-happy Devils of the mid- and late 1990s.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#139 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

I think this is the most reluctant hire Lou has ever had to make. He turned over every stone and found nobody else that he could be comfortable with. Lemaire has plenty of faults, Lou knows this. If jacques is too overbearing and stubborn and begins to alienate the team then he'll have a quick hook. Dont be shockef if Jacques doesnt survive the season.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#140 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

This from the Newark Star Ledger:

New Jersey Devils hire Jacques Lemaire to be their new head coach

http://www.nj.com/de...re_jacques.html

Lemaire, who said he intends to coach for more than one season, also said he has mellowed over the years in Minnesota, and is better at communicating with the players than he used to be. He also promised to be more open to having a team that will do more offensively than the neutral zone trap-happy Devils of the mid- and late 1990s.

Bingo... Lemaire 'aint a dummy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users