Brodeur also excited to see Lemaire return

Rock

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/07...return-too.html

"I'm excited," Brodeur said. "I always liked Jacques, his demeanor about coaching and the way he teaches. I think some of the young guys that we have it's going to be helpful to have somebody to be able to teach the game the right way. There's somewhat of a youth movement, a lot of young guys coming up and with Zach (Parise) and Travis (Zajac) that are established, but still pretty young. To learn the game both ways on the ice, I think Jacques will be great. I'm excited and I think some of the guys are too."

In addition, Brodeur thinks it will be a good step for John MacLean to take over as the head coach in Lowell. (I failed to mention earlier that Lou Lamoriello said former Lowell head coach Kurt Kleinendorst will remain with the organization in a position that has yet to be deterimined).

Kinda feels like 1995 again because we have a lot of young new players.

Dude weren't you 2 in 95? :P Not that I'd know how 95 felt either.

Me neither :( .. I was 6

Ugh, you people.... you're making me feel so old.... I was in my early twenties.

Ugh, you people.... you're making me feel so old.... I was in my early twenties.

:o .... Hey you live in Trenton? I go to school down there at TCNJ.. Got my house to switch to Verizon FiOS so I don't miss any games.. Feel free to come over since I know Comcast blocked the extra MSG channels

LOL, I was a sophomore in high school in '95... I feel old too with all these young'ins. :P

LOL, I was a sophomore in high school in '95... I feel old too with all these young'ins. :P

Nice...I was a senior. Class of '95 baby!

I was a freshman surrounded by Ranger fans. Too bad school was out by the time the finals were over.

I was a freshman surrounded by Ranger fans. Too bad school was out by the time the finals were over.

Unfortunatley, I was surrounded by a lot of Ranger fans at my school too. One of them, who was a good friend at the time, busted my balls mercilessly for '94. So the night we won the Cup, I called him to give it right back... he hung up on me. I immediately called back. He hung up on me again. I smiled a wide smile and proceded to party all night. Ah, the great memories of the '95 Cup. :D

• Like 1

Unfortunatley, I was surrounded by a lot of Ranger fans at my school too. One of them, who was a good friend at the time, busted my balls mercilessly for '94. So the night we won the Cup, I called him to give it right back... he hung up on me. I immediately called back. He hung up on me again. I smiled a wide smile and proceded to party all night. Ah, the great memories of the '95 Cup. :D

I was but a mere 3 years old. :(

• Like 1

Yeah, man. The taunting after 1994 was so harsh. That's why 95 will always be my favorite Cup. It was the culmination of a slow build that started with Johnny Mac in Chicago in '88 and included 2 Game 7 losses to the Rangers. Only thing sweeter would have been beating the Rangers on the way to the finals.

• Like 1

Stop complaining all of you... I just had my 5th kid in 95..talk about feeling old now

• Like 1

Agreed, on all counts. I also love what Peluso said in a postg-game interview: "The Cup doesn't have very far to go- right through the Lincoln Tunnel".

Agreed, on all counts. I also love what Peluso said in a post-game interview: "The Cup doesn't have very far to go- right through the Lincoln Tunnel".

Yeah, man. The taunting after 1994 was so harsh. That's why 95 will always be my favorite Cup. It was the culmination of a slow build that started with Johnny Mac in Chicago in '88 and included 2 Game 7 losses to the Rangers. Only thing sweeter would have been beating the Rangers on the way to the finals.

Agreed, on all counts. I also love what Peluso said right after game 4: "The Cup doesn't have very far to go- right thorough the Lincoln Tunnel".

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Hard to even compare this 2009 team with the 1995 team. Yes there will be veterans and young players mixed in again with this 2009 team like it was in 1995, but it is missing the great, solid defense of 1995 with Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, Driver, Chambers, Albelin and Fetisov. Way better defenseman in 1995 than what the devils have now. Cannot even compare that...

Hard to even compare this 2009 team with the 1995 team. Yes there will be veterans and young players mixed in again with this 2009 team like it was in 1995, but it is missing the great, solid defense of 1995 with Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, Driver, Chambers, Albelin and Fetisov. Way better defenseman in 1995 than what the devils have now. Cannot even compare that...

Just for the record, Fetisov wasn't on the Cup team. He was- ironically enough- traded to Detroit at the deadline that year.

• Like 1

Just for the record, Fetisov wasn't on the Cup team. He was- ironically enough- traded to Detroit at the deadline that year.

Oh I know that MD2020. He (Fetisov) was on the 1995 team then yes traded later in the year on the TD. Kevin Dean and Jason Smith also played on that 1995 team that year and their names are on the SC. :)