#1 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

http://njmg.typepad....es-lemaire.html

Why does Rolston believe he has excelled under Lemaire?

"I don't know exactly, but I like his coaching style," he said. "He allows me to be the player that I am. One of the biggest things with Jacques -- I could tell you a million things about him, but one of the great things with Jacques is he doesn't try changing players. He doesn't expect every player to play the same way. He wants you to play to your strengths and he allows you to do that. A lot of times some coaches push you to do things you're not comfortable with. He just wants you to do what you do best and that's important."

Rolston hopes that being reunited with Lemaire will help him get back to being a 30-goal scorer again.

"I felt that I really didn't play much, as far as I was concerned, with Brent," Rolston said, "I didn't think I played terrible for the ice time that I got (15:06 per game during the regular season). We had a lot of great forwards on our team and it's tough to produce when you're playing 12 minutes a night. It's that simple. I think Brent is a good coach. I'm not going to say anything bad about Brent. I just think that it's pretty easy to see. I just need the opportunity and if I get the opportunity I will score 30 goals."
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#2 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

Just say it. Brent sucked.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#3 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Just say it. Brent sucked.

That's what he wanted to say but he had the respect not to.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#4 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

"I felt that I really didn't play much, as far as I was concerned, with Brent," Rolston said, "I didn't think I played terrible for the ice time that I got (15:06 per game during the regular season). We had a lot of great forwards on our team and it's tough to produce when you're playing 12 minutes a night. It's that simple. I think Brent is a good coach. I'm not going to say anything bad about Brent. I just think that it's pretty easy to see. I just need the opportunity and if I get the opportunity I will score 30 goals."

Is Rolston guaranteeing that he'll score 30 if he isn't stuck on the third or fourth lines?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#5 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Is Rolston guaranteeing that he'll score 30 if he isn't stuck on the third or fourth lines?

I doubt that's what he meant, but it sure sounds like it. I love the confidence though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

What will his next excuse be?
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#7 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

Give me a break. This was his first year, under a coach that didn't let him do anything, playing with Rupp and Clarkson. Good luck scoring 30 goals with that.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#8 DEV1LDR1VER

DEV1LDR1VER

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Lemaire will most likely keep him at Wing.
LIVE HARD!

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Give me a break. This was his first year, under a coach that didn't let him do anything, playing with Rupp and Clarkson. Good luck scoring 30 goals with that.

Except that Rolston was a bit of a dissapointment the first time around too, I'm tired of seeing him do well for other teams while crapping the bed for us. Plus his effort wasn't exactly there all the time last year either. He owes us at least a couple of good seasons.

Edited by Hasan4978, 14 July 2009 - 10:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users