#81 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,936 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Looks like we lost the facebook sync though
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#82 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Looks like we lost the facebook sync though

I'm not sure I knew what it did anyway.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#83 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

DIG: I don't know. Did it only do that for external links (that is, to other sites) or for internal (on the board) links as well?

OT98: When DM stops sweating over the server load, probably. :P I know that's a non-answer, but he's got a good reason for keeping that off for now, so I guess we'll just have to be patient. It bugs me too because that's how I like to browse the board.

CRASHER: No, it appears to still be there, or at least it is for me.

Sammy: Basically you could link your board account with your Facebook account. You could log into the board with your FB credentials, and it would -- only if you told it to -- automatically sync your avatar here with your profile pic there. There's also a new status thing here that could sync with your FB status, and I think there was something having to do with friends too.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#84 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

The developer of the software says a bug has been found in the search that is causing every post to show up as new. When a search is created like clicking "new posts" every post is showing up new and bogging the server down.

We have to wait until a fix is released before search can be enabled again.

The links opening a new window was a feature I had to create I vaguely recall. I prefer that way as well.

#85 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

Im scarred of change =[

#86 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'm trying to cope. I really am.
It's the whiskey talking.

#87 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

Im scarred of change =[

Posted Image
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#88 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hey DM, whats this reputation thing in profiles? Its different from the ratings apparently, but I don't quite understand how you get it.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#89 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hey DM, whats this reputation thing in profiles? Its different from the ratings apparently, but I don't quite understand how you get it.

this function should be disabled in the politics forum .. :giggle:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#90 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

I got a "1".

#91 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

DIG: I don't know. Did it only do that for external links (that is, to other sites) or for internal (on the board) links as well?

I'm pretty sure all links used to open in new windows. External links for sure, internal links I'm not 100% positive but I think they did too. But now all links open in the same window. At least they do for me ... not sure if it's the same for everyone.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#92 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,073 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

what's the deal with this plus and minus at the bottom right of posts - looks like a way to 'rate' posts. i've never been on a board that does this, but i've always heard it leads to exceptionally juvenile use/abuse.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#93 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

what's the deal with this plus and minus at the bottom right of posts - looks like a way to 'rate' posts. i've never been on a board that does this, but i've always heard it leads to exceptionally juvenile use/abuse.

I just clicked on the plus sign and now I have a "2" reputation. I'm shooting for a "3".

#94 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Reputation points. I've seen it elsewhere and it is perhaps the worst thing ever added to message boards. Just another popularity contest which message boards do not need. This board already has one with the board awards, no need for that year round. Hopefully DM disables it.

I just clicked on the plus sign and now I have a "2" reputation. I'm shooting for a "3".

Just for that you get a negative and you're back to 2! :P

#95 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

Just for that you get a negative and you're back to 2! :P
[/quote]

This is like playing "Sorry!". Now I have to start all over! :rofl:

#96 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

And I'll be the bad guy and turn that off. :P
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#97 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

#98 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Bad guy?

:hail:

#99 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:39 AM

As many of you may have noticed we crashed the server hard and the host disabled the website. I am working with the software people and the server host to keep this running. There may still be more downtime.

I apologize that this has not been going smoothly.

#100 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

As many of you may have noticed we crashed the server hard and the host disabled the website. I am working with the software people and the server host to keep this running. There may still be more downtime.

I apologize that this has not been going smoothly.

I cried.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users