157 replies to this topic

#141 DevilzFan

DevilzFan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Love the new look. Invision update their software now?

I used to use them on my site back when they were free. When they went to pay, I went to VBulletin.

But visiting here makes me want to look into Invision again :)
"All I know of you is what you have told me........
You are a thief.......
In the world I live in that makes you a sub standard low life worthless to mankind scum bag.......
Sort of like Claude (Lemieux)......" -TOESAVE

Owner/Admin - Cobra Island

#142 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:06 AM

Love the new look. Invision update their software now?

[sarcasm]No, we're just going through all this trouble because it's fun.[/sarcasm]

I used to use them on my site back when they were free. When they went to pay, I went to VBulletin.

... which is also a pay board. :huh:

But visiting here makes me want to look into Invision again :)

Eh, might want to hold off for a while. There's some issues that need to be ironed out. If you're starting a board out from scratch, maybe you could go for it, but if you've got an existing vBulletin community, might as well stay with them for now.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#143 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:05 AM

The board is looking better already DM and Rowdy. It's obvious that you've been able to work out some of the bugs and oddities in the new software. BTW, DM, there is absolutely no need to apologize. It is clear that you and the other admins are working hard to improve the site for all of us, and I think I speak for everybody when I say that we are very grateful already. :)

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#144 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

The board is looking better already DM and Rowdy. It's obvious that you've been able to work out some of the bugs and oddities in the new software. BTW, DM, there is absolutely no need to apologize. It is clear that you and the other admins are working hard to improve the site for all of us, and I think I speak for everybody when I say that we are very grateful already. :)

I'm more impressed that you posted this at 4AM.
It's the whiskey talking.

#145 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

Love the fact that I can browse & post on the Blackberry. Thanks, DM. Donation is coming. :)

#146 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Love the fact that I can browse & post on the Blackberry. Thanks, DM. Donation is coming. :)

I love it as well, but I have to admit when I posted to the Cory murphy thread I was doing 80 in the fast lane today.

#147 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

I changed the post size so the poster info is smaller. Does everyone like it tighter like this? It seemed you had to glance all the way right to read something.

#148 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

I changed the post size so the poster info is smaller. Does everyone like it tighter like this? It seemed you had to glance all the way right to read something.

Would you be able to make the thread titles a smaller font? It looks bigger than it used to I think.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#149 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Can the "edited by" line be less prominent?

Edited by DevilMinder, 19 July 2009 - 10:18 AM.
prominent

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#150 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

I'm more impressed that you posted this at 4AM.

I wish that I had some cool story behind my posting so late, like I was running from Lou Lamoriello which forced to me to escape to Europe, where 4 AM is actually Noon. Unfortunately, I'm just an insomniac on the East Coast starved for hockey so I visit this board when I can't sleep. I know, not as compelling.

(Notice how I explain this at 4 in the morning once again).

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#151 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but it won't let me quote more than three blocks of text. this is annoying - is there any way to change this?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#152 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but it won't let me quote more than three blocks of text. this is annoying - is there any way to change this?

That was a setting change, people were complaining about the large posts containing multiple quotes. I set it up to 5 now, any more and it becomes cumbersome.

#153 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

That was a setting change, people were complaining about the large posts containing multiple quotes. I set it up to 5 now, any more and it becomes cumbersome.

Indeed but I think what Tri is saying is that even separated (as opposed to nested) quotes are being limited. So if he were to reply to ten messages in a thread with 10 different quotes he isn't able to do so.

Is there a way to limit only the nested quotes and not overall quotes?

#154 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

Indeed but I think what Tri is saying is that even separated (as opposed to nested) quotes are being limited. So if he were to reply to ten messages in a thread with 10 different quotes he isn't able to do so.

Is there a way to limit only the nested quotes and not overall quotes?

this is what i mean; i'm so used to not having multiple quotes that i remove all but the one i'm responding to anyway.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#155 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

I am still having issues with the
new software. A lot of buttons and windows are cut off because they exceed the
frame. I also canít post links. The window to enter the link pops up, but I cant
enter the link

#156 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

I love it as well, but I have to admit when I posted to the Cory murphy thread I was doing 80 in the fast lane today.

Dont do that...please be careful!

#157 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

Is the "Recent Gallery Images" at the top of the forum an experiment? I hope so!

#158 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

Is the "Recent Gallery Images" at the top of the forum an experiment? I hope so!

The gallery software finally got upgraded today. I hope to have it in a better layout on the new server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users