66 replies to this topic

#21 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

I think Fedor or Overeem would stand a chance against Brock. It'd just be a matter of signing them to the UFC. As far as people currently in the UFC go, maybe Shane Carwin?

Carwin is one of the few people that are Lesnar's size and as dominating. He is 11-0, and none of his matches have gone past the 1st round. I mean, this would be a hell of a match. Carwin is coming off a win over Gonzaga. He faces Cain Valezquez at UFC 104 in October, and the winner faces Lesnar.

Lesnar is a much better wrestler in my estimation, but Carwin has more knockout power. If it goes to the ground I would think Brock would win rather easily, but if Carwin would knock him out standing up.

True, very few people can out-wrestle Lesnar. Could make for a classic battle. Of course, Carwin has to beat Valezquez first.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#22 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

Its kinda funny how some of you neglect Brock's striking ability. The dude has frozen hams for fists. I thinkknow he could stand toe to toe with anyone in the UFC right now.

Fedor is his best matched opponent because of his expertise with sambo, which is a great technique with big guys.

I do kung-fu (Baguazhang), have for a while now, and I hate sparring with good sambo practitioners :( I have no MMA desire whatsoever though, I use it more for fitness and to be the occasional badass when necessary as my circle dance is quite good!

#23 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

Carwin has much better boxing skills. That's not to say that Brock is terrible (actually during the Mir fight his stand up WAS pretty terrible), but his primary assets are his size and wrestling ability. He doesn't look *good* standing up, which is why someone like Carwin or Overeem would have a chance.

edit: Fedor's best shot is striking, too. He's a great fighter, but he's ALWAYS had the most trouble against technically skilled wrestlers. Brock is a very, very good wrestler, and would probably win on the ground. He'll be guarding against the armbar that took out Randleman, I'm sure.

Edited by Nature's Minister, 18 July 2009 - 09:45 PM.

Is that a Japanese configuration?

#24 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Its kinda funny how some of you neglect Brock's striking ability. The dude has frozen hams for fists. I thinkknow he could stand toe to toe with anyone in the UFC right now.

Fedor is his best matched opponent because of his expertise with sambo, which is a great technique with big guys.

I do kung-fu (Baguazhang), have for a while now, and I hate sparring with good sambo practitioners :( I have no MMA desire whatsoever though, I use it more for fitness and to be the occasional badass when necessary as my circle dance is quite good!

I didn't mean to neglect, I just think Brock would prefer a match on the ground against a good striker. He was something like 107-5 as a college wrestler. Amazing. The man has dominated even when losing. I'd love to see someone give him a good match.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#25 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

UFC 101...its 8 days away so lets get some predictions on the matches. Who's gonna win the two main even fights? B.J. Penn or Kenny Florian? Forrest Griffin or Anderson Silva?...im thinkin Penn and Griffin

Edited by RockingTheRed81, 31 July 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

I've not really thought about it. I think Penn will probably win, but I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Silva beat Griffin, that one is a real toss-up for me. Not ordering this one, will watch it on the web probs.

I'm more interested in confirmation of Fedor to UFC.

Fedor vs Brock w/ Brock in the Ivan Drago role lol.

I'll be rooting for Brock every time.

Edited by ghdi, 31 July 2009 - 08:46 AM.

#27 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

I thought this quote was funny

http://www.sherdog.c...rikeforce-18883
[quote]
"Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#28 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

Overeem is going to knock his head off. And then come to the UFC.

#29 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

so now whos fighting Lesnar?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

carwin / velasquez

#31 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

carwin / velasquez

most likely carwin right?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

probably. Carwin is a behemoth, and can easily end the fight with one punch.

i will be pulling for velasquez, since i think he's probably the more skilled fighter. but the power / size difference might be too much to overcome

#33 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

probably. Carwin is a behemoth, and can easily end the fight with one punch.

i will be pulling for velasquez, since i think he's probably the more skilled fighter. but the power / size difference might be too much to overcome

are they fighting each other soon or is dana white just going to pick one to face Lesnar
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

UFC 104

#35 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

UFC 104

Yeah I just read that online. 104 will b good, Machida and Rua r fighting too.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

so forrest got his sh!t kicked in. i wonder if rampage will refuse to fight silva like he did machida

#37 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

gotta love philly fan fights

Edited by Satans Hockey, 09 August 2009 - 06:03 PM.

#38 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

so forrest got his sh!t kicked in. i wonder if rampage will refuse to fight silva like he did machida

Seriously Forrest was a let down. I really thought he was going to pull the upset, but it just goes to show how good Silva is. Dana white needs to have Silva and Machida fight each other...it would be such a sick fight...n is rampage next for silva?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Seriously Forrest was a let down. I really thought he was going to pull the upset, but it just goes to show how good Silva is. Dana white needs to have Silva and Machida fight each other...it would be such a sick fight...n is rampage next for silva?

Yeah, seriously. I mean, I couldn't see Forrest beating Silva, but I atleast expected him to give him a good tough fight. Silva dominated him.

Silva claims he won't fight Machida who he calls his 'friend and brother', and I'd think that White will get some fights out of Silva in that division before he pushes the issue.

Here's what I'm thinking... Silva is dominating, and Tito Ortiz (who White does not like very much on a personal level) is back. Wouldn't be shocked to see them lock up.

Silva is most likely going to have to defend his middleweight title against Henderson first though.

#40 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, seriously. I mean, I couldn't see Forrest beating Silva, but I atleast expected him to give him a good tough fight. Silva dominated him.

Silva claims he won't fight Machida who he calls his 'friend and brother', and I'd think that White will get some fights out of Silva in that division before he pushes the issue.

Here's what I'm thinking... Silva is dominating, and Tito Ortiz (who White does not like very much on a personal level) is back. Wouldn't be shocked to see them lock up.

Silva is most likely going to have to defend his middleweight title against Henderson first though.

Yeah your right that's going to happen first...but heres aonther crazy idea..Silva vs. GSP
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users