66 replies to this topic

#41 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

Brock vs Carwin is set for Nov 21. Also fvckface Tito Ortiz vs Mark Coleman.

Carwin is a good matchup for him, but I'm already calling Brock in the 3rd.

#42 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

Go Carwin.

I'm looking forward to Tito vs. Coleman. I really hope Coleman wins, and if he doesn't gas in the first round, I think he will.

do some cardio coleman please =(
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#43 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

Brock vs Carwin is set for Nov 21. Also fvckface Tito Ortiz vs Mark Coleman.

Carwin is a good matchup for him, but I'm already calling Brock in the 3rd.

Nice. I've been waiting for that fight. It's gonna be cool to see what those 2 monsters do.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#44 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

Anyone been watching th recent Cards?

Some excellent fights in there, and some terrible decisions.

Looking forward to Wideman vs Silva II.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#45 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Velasquez is the man.

#46 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Anyone been watching th recent Cards?

Some excellent fights in there, and some terrible decisions.

Looking forward to Wideman vs Silva II.

GSP vs Hendricks, and Jones vs Gustafsson were both very close wars

Silva/Weidman II is going to be intense

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#47 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

GSP vs Hendricks, and Jones vs Gustafsson were both very close wars

Silva/Weidman II is going to be intense

I am a huge Big Rig fan , and also a massive admirer of GSP. I was so frustrated with they way both fighters tackled that fight, and i was dissapointed with the result because Johny had that fight.

Jones vs Gustafsson was a hell of a fight. I think Bones got lucky really.

I hope Silva comes in with the right mindset and makes it a competition, the guy is a freak and so tallented.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#48 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Silva was winning that fight until he got to cocky and took that shot. Kinda like the last Manny and Marquez fight. Silva comes in as the best fight in history or close to it and fights like that he should win no problem. Gsp took a beating in his recent win and i heard he's considering quiting fighting. Guy has nothing left to prove

#49 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

I've just started getting into the sport thanks to the launch of Fox Sports 1 and how heavily they promote it with shows like The Ultimate Fighter and UFC Fight Night. Loving it so far and I streamed the GSP - Hendricks fight online. Hope to see a rematch.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#50 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

Silva was winning that fight until he got to cocky and took that shot. Kinda like the last Manny and Marquez fight. Silva comes in as the best fight in history or close to it and fights like that he should win no problem. Gsp took a beating in his recent win and i heard he's considering quiting fighting. Guy has nothing left to prove

Thats what happens when you dont show respect to the guy you are fighting, Look at Overeem vs Bigfoot Silva. Overeem was picking him apart, then all of a sudden he starts droping his hands, gets hit with one big shot and its over. Wideman is no chump, Silva will have to be on top of his game to win that belt back, but i thik he will do it.

GSP said he wanted time away after the fight, which seems to be the de jour thing these days, like silva after his loss. GSP has gone 5 rounds in every fight since 09, if he had stopped Hendricks or actually won the fight (convincingly) then i would agree he could walk away from the sport and no one would say a word. If he Beats big rig in the rematch (which Dana has said there will be) then he should call it quits.

I've just started getting into the sport thanks to the launch of Fox Sports 1 and how heavily they promote it with shows like The Ultimate Fighter and UFC Fight Night. Loving it so far and I streamed the GSP - Hendricks fight online. Hope to see a rematch.

Some of the UFC on fox events have been excellent latley. I am two episodes behind on TUF, need to watch them before the event this weekend. Juliana Pena is the most annoying TUF contestant ever.

Posted Image

#51 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Anyone see the finals of TUF at the weekend?

The show has made me absolutley despise Ronda Rousey, so i was rooting for Meisha's team, but i also really grew to dislike Juliana Pena (even though she is a very tallented fighter) and i liked Davey Grant since he is English.

Also a bit of a shock in the Australian card as well.

Posted Image

#52 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm a new fan and caught up on the Rousey/Tate rivalry thru youtube. I'm definitely pulling for Tate in the rematch but I don't necessarily despise Rousey. I just get the feeling she is one of those fighters that has to have a chip on her shoulder at all times. I love how much they hate each other though.

I was pulling for Rakoczy against Pena but I don't hate Pena. I'm just kind of indifferent towards her.

I really liked both Holdsworth and Grant so it was hard to know one of them was going to lose. Really happy for Holdsworth and really happy that Grant just tweeted out that Dana White gave him a UFC contract. Look forward to seeing these guys in the future.

Wasn't familiar with the history between Diaz and Maynard until they showed it on the broadcast. All I can say is wow, I have no idea how Maynard took that many punches to his head and stood that long. Insane.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#53 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'm a new fan and caught up on the Rousey/Tate rivalry thru youtube. I'm definitely pulling for Tate in the rematch but I don't necessarily despise Rousey. I just get the feeling she is one of those fighters that has to have a chip on her shoulder at all times. I love how much they hate each other though.

I was pulling for Rakoczy against Pena but I don't hate Pena. I'm just kind of indifferent towards her.

I really liked both Holdsworth and Grant so it was hard to know one of them was going to lose. Really happy for Holdsworth and really happy that Grant just tweeted out that Dana White gave him a UFC contract. Look forward to seeing these guys in the future.

Wasn't familiar with the history between Diaz and Maynard until they showed it on the broadcast. All I can say is wow, I have no idea how Maynard took that many punches to his head and stood that long. Insane.

Rousey is just a really serious aggresive person, and i guess thats what makes her such a good fighter, but she is in no way personable(at least on TV). Tate is just as strong but has personality and a bit of charm.

As much as i disliked Pena, Rackozy was an incredibly one dimensional fighter, i was shocked she got through aginst Pennington, but Pennington just had an incredibly bad fight in the Semi's. Pena again just had a personality which annoyed me, she seemed to alienate most of the house.  

Glad Davey is getting a contract, he is an exciting fighter, also we are a bit thin on the ground right now in terms of UK UFC fighters.

Both the Diaz brothers are incredibly tallented, unfortunatley i dont think either of them are smart enough to get to the top and win a title. If i was making up a card where i wanted an exciting fight they would both be on there though, because every fight ends up being a brawl.

Posted Image

#54 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Silva is done. Dominated and a horrible way to go out. He's the best of all time but it should be time to hang it up.

#55 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Rousey is just a really serious aggresive person, and i guess thats what makes her such a good fighter, but she is in no way personable(at least on TV). Tate is just as strong but has personality and a bit of charm.

As much as i disliked Pena, Rackozy was an incredibly one dimensional fighter, i was shocked she got through aginst Pennington, but Pennington just had an incredibly bad fight in the Semi's. Pena again just had a personality which annoyed me, she seemed to alienate most of the house.

Glad Davey is getting a contract, he is an exciting fighter, also we are a bit thin on the ground right now in terms of UK UFC fighters.

Both the Diaz brothers are incredibly tallented, unfortunatley i dont think either of them are smart enough to get to the top and win a title. If i was making up a card where i wanted an exciting fight they would both be on there though, because every fight ends up being a brawl.

are you kidding? Have you seen her interviews like on espn? She has a huge smile and I thought she was very personable

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#56 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Tough way to go out for Silva. Obviously a horrendous injury and he's most likely done.

I did hear,though, that Silva was getting fvcked up the whole time anyway so he may still have lost

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#57 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yeah he was but respectfully. Wieldman said he's still the best of all time. Watch ouy for wiieldman

Tough way to go out for Silva. Obviously a horrendous injury and he's most likely done.

I did hear,though, that Silva was getting fvcked up the whole time anyway so he may still have lost

#58 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

The GOAT got dropped by a good shot just behind the ear. He was out and then Weidman went into ground and pound mode...I couldn't believe Silva held on with an awesome guard. I became Silva fan late into his career and was tough seeing him go out that way.

First GSP and now the Spider!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin, 29 December 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#59 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

are you kidding? Have you seen her interviews like on espn? She has a huge smile and I thought she was very personable

I have.

On TUF she basically ruined her reputation for me, and the lack of handshake at the end of of the Tate fight said it all. I think she only gave Tate praise because she got the worst ever reaction to a win in the octagon.

Silva said he wants to come back. With an injury like that i think it would be unwise, everyone is going to target that leg in the future, and i am not sure he can throw it with confidence after that (Subconsciously i don’t think your body lefts you).

I feel Sorry for Wideman as well, two victories, both in a way tainted by Anderson Silva, the first one, he play acts and gets himself knocked out, and everyone says "he only won because Silva didn’t take him seriously". Second win Silva injures himself and people will say "He won because Silva broke his leg".

Chris deserved the win, and his blocking of Silvas kicks was a good strategy, but i doubt he gets as much credit as he deserves from those wins.

Also as much as its never good to see a fighter injured i am glad Cruz is having to give up the title so the division can move on. Over 2 years with an Interim title would have been a bit of a farce. Hoping Faber picks up the belt, he has looked imense of late.

Posted Image

#60 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

By the time Silva gets back from that type kd injury it'll be to late. He'd end up fighting journeymen really. He's at the end of his career this just basically point the end to it. He just doesn't want to go out on losses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users