#61 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

I have.

On TUF she basically ruined her reputation for me, and the lack of handshake at the end of of the Tate fight said it all. I think she only gave Tate praise because she got the worst ever reaction to a win in the octagon.

Silva said he wants to come back. With an injury like that i think it would be unwise, everyone is going to target that leg in the future, and i am not sure he can throw it with confidence after that (Subconsciously i don’t think your body lefts you).

I feel Sorry for Wideman as well, two victories, both in a way tainted by Anderson Silva, the first one, he play acts and gets himself knocked out, and everyone says "he only won because Silva didn’t take him seriously". Second win Silva injures himself and people will say "He won because Silva broke his leg".

Chris deserved the win, and his blocking of Silvas kicks was a good strategy, but i doubt he gets as much credit as he deserves from those wins.

Also as much as its never good to see a fighter injured i am glad Cruz is having to give up the title so the division can move on. Over 2 years with an Interim title would have been a bit of a farce. Hoping Faber picks up the belt, he has looked imense of late.

I was pumped to hear Cruz had to vacate the belt.  The California Kid got slotted into the title shot and will have another chance at capturing a UFC strap at UFC 169, LIVE FROM PRUDENTIAL CENTER IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY!!!

By the time Silva gets back from that type kd injury it'll be to late. He'd end up fighting journeymen really. He's at the end of his career this just basically point the end to it. He just doesn't want to go out on losses.

He could be back in under a year

I can see him fighting a decent guy or 2 and then getting another title shot

If Weidman is still champ it will be quite interesting to say the least.

I am also waiting for the announcement of Jon Jones' next opponent/venue....it was announced/not official for about 3 different venues/events and all were taken back....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#62 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

But with his age man and Two losses and this being a drastic injury he needs to be very careful.

I was pumped to hear Cruz had to vacate the belt. The California Kid got slotted into the title shot and will have another chance at capturing a UFC strap at UFC 169, LIVE FROM PRUDENTIAL CENTER IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY!!!

He could be back in under a year

I can see him fighting a decent guy or 2 and then getting another title shot

If Weidman is still champ it will be quite interesting to say the least.

I am also waiting for the announcement of Jon Jones' next opponent/venue....it was announced/not official for about 3 different venues/events and all were taken back....

Edited by CarterforPresident, 07 January 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#63 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

But with his age man and Two losses and this being a drastic injury he needs to be very careful.

I think he will still have enough to beat most guys

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#64 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Most guys key word. a third match against chris though? Without that injury Silva was still losing.

I think he will still have enough to beat most guys

#65 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

All I know is...if I hear Vitor Belfort talk about himself (as usual) and the jungle I'm gonna knock myself out.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#66 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

By the time Silva gets back from that type kd injury it'll be to late. He'd end up fighting journeymen really. He's at the end of his career this just basically point the end to it. He just doesn't want to go out on losses.

He has already started physiotherapy, The statment at the time said recovery time is 3-6 months, he has then got to train so a year would not be out of the question for a comeback.

There are already rumblings that his first fight back could be against GSP with them both returnign after a break for a superfight.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#67 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Going to UFC Fight Night in London on the 8th of March. Gustafsson vs Manuwa.  

Should be awesome.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users