#1 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

http://njmg.typepad....-in-lowell.html

"I think it's a good move for me, an opportunity to be a head coach and go down and get some learning experience as far as handling my own team," he said today after the morning sessions of the Devils' rookie camp at Prudential Center..

MacLean believes the experience of being the head coach in Lowell will help him progress as a coach.

"I don't think it's going to hurt me to have it," he said. "I've been an assistant coach here for a few years. This is something that people look at who measure you by head coaching experience. Well, I have the head coaching experience. It's just another thing to have and it will be a positive."

MacLean said it was "definitely a possibility" that he could have remained in New Jersey as an assistant under Lemaire.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

He can talk...He can talk!

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

His lips aren't moving though. Are you sure Lou isn't just using him as a ventriloquist dummy?

#4 Jdub

Jdub

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/07/john-maclean-looking-forward-to-new-challenge-as-head-coach-in-lowell.html

"I think it's a good move for me, an opportunity to be a head coach and go down and get some learning experience as far as handling my own team," he said today after the morning sessions of the Devils' rookie camp at Prudential Center..

MacLean believes the experience of being the head coach in Lowell will help him progress as a coach.

"I don't think it's going to hurt me to have it," he said. "I've been an assistant coach here for a few years. This is something that people look at who measure you by head coaching experience. Well, I have the head coaching experience. It's just another thing to have and it will be a positive."

MacLean said it was "definitely a possibility" that he could have remained in New Jersey as an assistant under Lemaire.

I think this is a great step, not only for him but for Lowell and developing players. He has NHL assistant experience, knows the players, knows the system. He has been an assistant with alot of great coaches with different styles. Hopefully this works out. Can't be any worse than the other coach's down there.

#5 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

This is a great move for MacLean... Lowell Devils will be his team... not a team he is assisting with.
I hope he has great success and hope he makes a quick leap back to New Jersey as head coach (assuming all goes well)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#6 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

This is a great move for him to get experience. Maybe he'll coach the Devils when Lemaire retires.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users