68 replies to this topic

#41 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

It's weird, this team shouldn't be (on paper) as good as last years, and two years ago was the opening season, and the economy continues to suck, but this schedule alone seems to promise better attendance than either of the last two years, what with all the Friday & Saturday night games.

I love this schedule also.

Our longest road trip is 5 games. 10 days. not too bad.

It's not even a traditional 5 game road trip where they are gone the whole time. They play Isles at the beginning of it and Rags towards the end. Very nice schedule for the Devils! 9 out of 10 at home while most college kids are home is going to help attendance too.

#42 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

I have the chance to complete my see-all-30-NHL-teams quest this year too, as everyone I haven't seen yet comes to the Rock. I definitely won't be at the game against the Red Wings, though. Still, if I catch everyone else and just have Detroit left when the season's over...not bad.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#43 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Home opener should also be Marty's 1,000th career game, according to the NHL.com article. Sweet.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#44 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

Season is so close I can taste it. (Tastes like Chicken).
It's the whiskey talking.

#45 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

So it looks like the closest us West Coasters are going to get is Phoenix or San Jose.
Thats okay....road trip is in order.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

So it looks like the closest us West Coasters are going to get is Phoenix or San Jose.

C'mon bro- come out to the Jerz for a game!! B )
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#47 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

Bet we'll see a lot of Yann Danis this year. The surplus of younger guys this year will really help us out giving some of the older guys rests with all those games jam packed.

Imagine this place if we start 0-2. Some people are gonna be going crazy.

#48 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

YES!!!

Opening Night - October 3rd against Flyers at THE ROCK!!

THEN - October 5th vs RANGERS!! What a way to start the year!! Oh baby!!

Open with 2 divisional rivals. Must win games or else we'll be last in the division and miss the playoffs.
Joe

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Opening night vs. the Phaggots- it's on baby!!!!!

opening night vs philly isn't a good thing. Their fans will be craving hockey as bad as us and they will buy tix too. Get your tix for that game as quickly as you can!

Same for Monday vs Rags.

I'll be at both of them, and I plan on getting those tickets early.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Season is so close I can taste it. (Tastes like Chicken).

Tastes more like VICTORY to me with some undertones of WIN

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#51 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

when when do tickets go on sale?
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#52 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

Most likely I will be going to the October 24th away game at Pittsburgh this season. I go to school about an hour and a half away from Pitt (by train), so I'm pumped about that. Also, during thanksgiving, winter and spring break there are a few home games I can make. And hopefully a few of those are college nights.

#53 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

Looks like we get the Stars (11/21, 1/5), Blackhawks (12/31, 4/2), and Predators (11/19, 2/12) twice this year from the Western Conference.

Its weird because last year we also got the Blackhawks and Stars twice. I wonder if that happened to a lot of other teams?

#54 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

You seeing the Sharks Game? If so, I'll see you there
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#55 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Nice sched...wish we saw the pens earlier in the season at home tho...

December 5th baby! bring them wings to town!

But March 5th i wont be rooting for a win harder than that game against Calgary.

Edited by devlman, 16 July 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#56 nmadd

nmadd

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Yes! A Saturday matinee here in Colorado. Let's go Devils!

#57 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

TG link

Glad to know I am not the only one not too thrilled about the lack of early start times on our weekend/holiday home-game schedule. According to TG, Lou is also disappointed that the Devils only have three weekend/holiday home games that start earlier than 7 pm.

And although Lou attributes it to the compressed Olympic schedule and the national NBC afternoon games (whereby other teams can't play at the same time), somehow the Rangers (5) and Islanders (6) have a more early starts on weekend/holiday home games than do the Devils (3).

Edited by 95Crash, 16 July 2009 - 06:29 PM.

#58 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

TG link

Glad to know I am not the only one not too thrilled about the lack of early start times on our weekend/holiday home-game schedule. According to TG, Lou is also disappointed that the Devils only have three weekend/holiday home games that start earlier than 7 pm.

And although Lou attributes it to the compressed Olympic schedule and the national NBC afternoon games (whereby other teams can't play at the same time), somehow the Rangers (5) and Islanders (6) have a more early starts on weekend/holiday home games than do the Devils (3).

I'm just curious as to why this matters? I'm assuming it effects the players somehow? Because I know I don't really mind it..

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#59 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

TG link

I'm just curious as to why this matters? I'm assuming it effects the players somehow? Because I know I don't really mind it..

I just wanted to be able to take my little kid to a few games this season. He conks out around 7 or 8 o'clock.

Normally, I don't mind the later start times.

#60 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:49 AM

TG link

I just wanted to be able to take my little kid to a few games this season. He conks out around 7 or 8 o'clock.

Normally, I don't mind the later start times.

Well that's certainly understandable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users