Photo

Devils avoid arbitration with Zajac (4yrs 3.9/yr)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

Can't wait for more info
http://twitter.com/NHLDevils

Edited by estreetcrew3, 23 July 2009 - 08:49 AM.

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#2 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

NO ARBITRATION!!! WOO HOO!!!!

You just made my morning :)

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#3 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Pinch me. Excited!

#4 5th Liner

5th Liner

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

awesome

#5 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Good news, obviously, though I'm curious as to what the terms are. At least we know no one's feelings are getting hurt.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#6 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

TG also confirmed.

Could we please change the thread title to be more descriptive? People would like to be greeted with "Zajac avoids arbitration" I think. :)

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

Here's a link to TG's currently small article http://njmg.typepad....avis-zajac.html

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

No terms yet but apparently it's multi year.

#9 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

I was really shocked that Zajac had elected to go to arbitration it didnt seem in his character.

Im very please that has been avoided and we have locked up a huge peice of this teams future.Its going to be really interesting to see what the terms are, personaly i thik it will be a 3 year deal with him making steadily more each year something like:

1st year: $3.75mill
2nd year: $4.5mill
3rd year: $5.0mill

Cap hit: $4.41 Million

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

Great news!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

WTF is twitter even... I just SOOOO do not want to go there..... It's stalking and exhibitionism... I HATE that crap -- these boards are bad enough... blah! :argh:
:rant:

:saddevil: thanks for allowing me the vent...

EDIT: and isnt' my avatar dreamy?

Edited by Pepperkorn, 22 July 2009 - 09:32 AM.

I'm here for the party

#12 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

If the devils signed him to that, I would be extremely disappointed.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#13 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

I was really shocked that Zajac had elected to go to arbitration it didnt seem in his character.

Im very please that has been avoided and we have locked up a huge peice of this teams future.Its going to be really interesting to see what the terms are, personaly i thik it will be a 3 year deal with him making steadily more each year something like:

You have Zajac making $4.5 mill and $5.0 mill in the second and third years of this deal based off one breakout year? Look at Zach Parise's contract...Zajac isn't making anywhere near $9.5 mill over the last two years of such a deal.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#14 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Good news, hoping for good terms.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#15 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

Good news!

Edited by 95Crash, 22 July 2009 - 09:45 AM.

#16 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

YES! This is wonderful news!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

I'm going to predict:

4 yrs
3.75m cap hit

Looking forward to the information. And excited to have Zajac signed without having to endure soul-stealing arbitration.

#18 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

You have Zajac making $4.5 mill and $5.0 mill in the second and third years of this deal based off one breakout year? Look at Zach Parise's contract...Zajac isn't making anywhere near $9.5 mill over the last two years of such a deal.

This is what I based the numbers on:

When Parise was signed he was offered a deal (which he straight off which he accepted) which was structured with him receiving less at the start and eventually increasing (Parise is making $5mill in the last year of his contract). The contract Lou offered was fair and everyone was pleased because it had Parise taking a little less initially that most here thought he could get (I think a lot of people thought that contract was a steal by Lou).

So when it comes to Zajac, (unless Lou completely low balled Zajac ,which may not be a surprise) I would have thought Lou would have offered a very similar Parise type deal to Zajac with Slightly inflated numbers due to the current market.

The fact that Zajac decided to go for arbitration means that he was looking for more and thought that the offer was not substantial enough, so if Lou didn’t Low ball him then he Lou would have to come up with a better offer thus meaning Zajac could take home more than Parise.

That’s just my line of thinking on it.

If you want for the second year of that contract you can make it the same figure as the First but I still see it coming in at around $4 million cap hit.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 22 July 2009 - 09:51 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#19 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

WAy to go Lou! Damn now I wish I waited to order my jersey I would of gotten Zajac but I was afraid he wouldn't be around in a few years. Maybe next year!

#20 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hooray this is awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users