42 replies to this topic

#1 NYCdevil

NYCdevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

i know it probably won't happen, but it would be great for the Devils to get get back one of my favorite players of all time Jason Arnott. Obviously Nashville would want something really good back and was thinking it should go this way:

Devils trade: David Clarkson, Tyler Eckford, 3rd Round pick
Predators trade: Jason Arnott, 1st round pick (maybe 2nd)

parise-zajac-langs
elias-arnott-rolston
bergfors-zubrus-shanny
pandolfo-pelley-?

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,173 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

That is a horrendous trade for the Predators. Why would they give up a 1st round pick for that package?

AND STOP TRYING TO RELIVE THE PAST. ARNOTT IS NOT COMING BACK. SYKORA IS NOT COMING BACK. PAT BURNS WILL NEVER BE THE COACH AGAIN. NEIDMYMOTHER ISN'T COMING BACK.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH WE BROUGHT HOLIK BACK AND NOW fvckING LEMAIRE. STOP IT!

#3 mikedabigdawg

mikedabigdawg

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

if we have to trade Clarkson then no way

#4 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

this could very well be the most incredible over estimation of your own teams players value i have EVER seen in my life. you mean to tell me a recently converted forward at D who is a project prospect still and a 3rd/4th line grinder fighter plus a 3rd is worth a 1st line center a 1st roun pick AND a 2nd round pick?!?!?!?!?!

I would love to get arny back but this proposal is absurd. redo the trade proposal and repost because that is all people are gonna register out of this whole thread.

#5 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Ok I think i'll give it a whirl

Devils give up: Andy Greene, Nicklas Bergfors, 2nd round pick
Predators give up:Jason Arnott, 3rd round pick

Might be light but i dunno

#6 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

I wouldn't mind having Arnott back but we'd have to give up valuable pieces of our team plus picks in order to get him so I'm gonna have to say pass.
Posted Image

#7 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

If we didn't have to give up any promising prospects or current players like Clarkson, Bergfors, etc then yeah I would go after Arnott but the preds will obviously want some players like that in return so the trade will not happen.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#8 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

Please stop with these god awful offers. Arnott is a legit 1st line power forward center. you're not going to get him for garbage. And then asking for a 1st along with him? Cmon.

#9 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

If we didn't have to give up any promising prospects or current players like Clarkson, Bergfors, etc then yeah I would go after Arnott but the preds will obviously want some players like that in return so the trade will not happen.

I don't know how to get any players without 'promising prospects' and 'current players.'

For the cap, I will say no to Arnott. Of course I would love to have him, he is a solid player but he doesn't fit in financially towards the future. Same problem as Bergeron, just not enough cap.

Also, to get the Predators to even think about trading their captain, its going to cost something more than Clarkson.

Clarkson, Bergfors and a high pick, probably a second but possibly a first, for Arnott.

Remember:
To get Langenbrunner and Joe Nieuwendyk, the Devils had to trade two roster players, McKay and Arnott as well as a first.

Trades aren't cheap people.

Edited by SteveStevens, 26 July 2009 - 01:18 PM.

#10 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

i think this topic should be re-named so as not to be misleading.

that said, trade ideas in theory need to take into consideration the salary cap, contract years, and potential assets. this particular trade thought is definitely overly quixotic.

as Tri and others have said, pretty much in order to take on another center of significant salary, we would have to convince someone to take Zubrus which is an improbable task. would i like arnott as one of our centers? of course. but i'd also like zetterberg or mike richards or any number of others - doesn't mean there's any chance of acquiring them.

and the only trade you'd probably see involving Zubrus is something like "Zubrus + 1st round pick to Edm for 4th round pick".

if NJ doesn't get a guy like Malhotra (for whom I am a big advocate), i think best bet is simply to hope Zubrus finds some chemistry and pots 50+ pts. Hell, if the guy could get 60 pts, his 3.4m wouldn't seem so bad, but he hasn't come close (38 and 40 in his 2 yrs here).

anyway, i know it's slow right now, but trade ideas should be sensible when posted (like the Bergeron idea--since it at least makes sense that Boston has too much salary on the cap right now).

-bekim, official advocate for UFA Malhotra and/or trading for Kaberle.

#11 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

I would trade for Kaberle, with Clarkson in the deal, without even thinking twice. Kaberle would make this defense elite.

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 26 July 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#12 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

I'm going to be diplomatic. That's not a very good trade. Arnott is their first line center and captain. Why are they trading him, with a 1st round pick, for Clarkson, who is not in Arnott's ballpark + Eckford, who they already have better than on their team and in their system.

that might fail in NHL 09.

#13 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

When thinking of trade ideas you have to think of what the other team needs, for instance someone like Calgary or Boston would probably like to dump some cap space so they're not gonna take on a contract like Zubrus. A team like Nashville probably has the best defense that you've never heard of so they aren't gonna want someone like Eckford.
Posted Image

#14 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

Well, I was thinking along those terms, but differently:

Devils trade: Jay Pandolfo, Dainius Zubrus, 3rd round pick
Devils get: Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin, 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, legal rights to post nude pictures of Jessica Biel.

I think it's a fair trade for both sides, to be quite honest.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#15 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Devils get: Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin, 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, legal rights to post nude pictures of Jessica Biel.

Are you fvcking serious?? We could easily get Green from the caps with a package like that.
Posted Image

#16 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Well since everyones flaming down these ideas and saying Bergfors, clarkson,and other youth and a first is equal to arnott, I'm going to throw this idea out there. You guys are looking too highly at Arnott. These might not be enough but if you ask around the nashville and other fans I can guarantee they won't look at him like an untouchable piece like you guys are for some unknown reason...

#17 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Throw in Holik and you have a deal.
It's the whiskey talking.

#18 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

if we have to trade Clarkson then no way

For real now he's untradeable?

#19 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

A competent second line center...would we know what to do with that?
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,765 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:58 AM

jason arnott is the predators best forward, they are not going to trade him, end of story.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users