2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at our sched, optimistically I can get them to 10-6, though they'll probably drop that game to Oakland or New Orleans. 9-7 again is more likely which may be playoffs or maybe not. Depends on the year.

@ Houston - W

New England - L

Tennessee- L

@ New Orleans- W

@ Miami- W

Buffalo- W

@ Oakland- W

Miami- W

Jacksonville- W

@ New England- L

Carolina- L

@ Buffalo- W

@ Tampa Bay- W

Atlanta- L

@ Indianapolis- L

Cincinnati- W

Go Jets!

GASTINEAU1181741211.jpg

Looking at our sched, optimistically I can get them to 10-6, though they'll probably drop that game to Oakland or New Orleans. 9-7 again is more likely which may be playoffs or maybe not. Depends on the year.

@ Houston - W

New England - L

Tennessee- L

@ New Orleans- W

@ Miami- W

Buffalo- W

@ Oakland- W

Miami- W

Jacksonville- W

@ New England- L

Carolina- L

@ Buffalo- W

@ Tampa Bay- W

Atlanta- L

@ Indianapolis- L

Cincinnati- W

Go Jets!

GASTINEAU1181741211.jpg

The Jets defense will be pretty good... but they are not going to win 10 games- or even 9- with the current crop of WR's they have and a rookie at QB. They also don't have a TE on their roster who can block worth a damn either. I put the Jets at 7-9 this year (barring the last minute acquisition of a legit #1 WR), and I think I'm being generous with that.

Edited by MadDog2020

Go Jets!

for me:

@ Houston - W

New England - L

Tennessee- L

@ New Orleans- L

@ Miami- L

Buffalo- W

@ Oakland- W

Miami- W

Jacksonville- W

@ New England- L

Carolina- W

@ Buffalo- L

@ Tampa Bay- W

Atlanta- W

@ Indianapolis- L

Cincinnati- W

final record: 9-7

but...

J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

:doh1:

(not to mention we tend to have a high quality week by week NFL thread once they play for real!!)

my bad. I wasnt around last football season so i wasnt sure how it worked around here.

Edited by RockingTheRed81

my bad. I wasnt around last football season so i wasnt sure how it worked around here.

It's ok... we'll set ya striaght B )

BTW, Houston's gonna win that first game... they HAVE TO... talk about a team where it's now or NEVER... Houston HAS TO make the playoffs this year and they gotta win that game at home.... really no excuse!

It's ok... we'll set ya striaght B )

BTW, Houston's gonna win that first game... they HAVE TO... talk about a team where it's now or NEVER... Houston HAS TO make the playoffs this year and they gotta win that game at home.... really no excuse!

That doesn't mean they will win...I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility but how many years did the Saints go before they made the playoffs? two decades?

That doesn't mean they will win...I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility but how many years did the Saints go before they made the playoffs? two decades?

If I'm a Jets fan I'm very worried about the Week 1 game right now. Houston is a team that is built to win now and management expects results now. That and the fact that Houstons defensive strength (front 7) matches up well against the Jets' offensive strength (running the ball) means that the Texans are most likely in the drivers seat for tempo. The question becomes whether they are capable of dropping the hammer.

If I'm a Jets fan I'm very worried about the Week 1 game right now. Houston is a team that is built to win now and management expects results now. That and the fact that Houstons defensive strength (front 7) matches up well against the Jets' offensive strength (running the ball) means that the Texans are most likely in the drivers seat for tempo. The question becomes whether they are capable of dropping the hammer.

Especially without Ellis..that hurts the d-line and our QB situation is questionable as of right now. I cant shake the thought out of my mind that Sanchez is going to be a bust...i have such a bad feeling about it

I think Keller is going to be a beast this year. He looks quicker and is going to be absolutely impossible to bring down once he gets motoring in the open field

David Clowney...Mr. Pre Season : )

And with what little I saw of Sanchez, he seems to be a quick decision maker

The Rams are building a defense. Sure some of it had to do with 3 of our starting o-linemen being out but they showed you a lot of creating schemes and blitzes.

Green had 1 very impressive run but other than that it looks like he went 8-11yds. Didn't see the whole game...

Strange to see a #10 on the Jets and have it not be Chad.

Edited by '7'

So somehow I am on the Meadowlands email list. Anyway, today they sent me a solicitation for Jets season tickets. I though you guys had a waiting list that was almost as long as the Giants? Is that no longer true?

I'm on both waiting lists (even though I'm not a Giants fan) and have gotten solicitations and phone calls from both teams

So the Jets are having open practices Saturday (10:30 AM), Wednesday and Thursday (11:30 AM) at the Florham Park facility, I figured I'd try and check it out since it's about ten minutes from my house and as far as I know these are the first actual open practices - aside from minicamps - they've had there in two years.

Of course the Jets being the Jets there apparently are:

-No bleachers at all to sit in

-No public bathrooms or water fountains

A multi-million dollar facility with all the comforts in the world for the players (that they never use) and they don't even have basic stuff for the fans?! Bite me Woody.

Edited by Hasan4978

I heard Mangini was the one who didn't want the bleachers. Running his paranoid super tight ship...there wouldn't be any open practices and thus no use for the public bathrooms or water fountains. I guess they didn't get around to installing them yet.

Jets vs Ravens tonight.. i cant wait.

...tough lose. (24-23) 'RR went for the 2'pt-cnv at the end of the game (which I agree with) but lost the gamble. As always, Leon was the bright spot of the night. 80 yards, (on 8 touches) a touchdown, and a 47 yard kick return. Looked great for the 1st half.

*With the Giants up next, and the Eagles after that... it'd be nice to win a game before the season starts. Yes I know it's early... yes I know it's BS... yeah, I know it's preseason... but preseason or not, you don't want to go 0-4. :mellow: