come on Jets. from a giants fan

#222 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

nah this game is over. jets lost or my name is mud.

still a gallant. effort. they led 17-6 until injuries and conservative playcalling did them in. this team has a bright future, super bowl NEXT YEAR
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#223 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

I mean I view this playoff run as a gift.. We were out and got lucky to be let back into the playoffs..

A lot of times a team (in many sports) will make it far in the playoffs one year and go all the way the next.. Next season will be very exciting!!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#224 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Things went the jets way for a long time. this week things turned. feely missed the fg's. all the flags went the colts direction. they made incredible catches and the refs ignored all the holding their offensive line did. the jets went as far as this roster could take them. tantalizingly close.

but ultimately they weren't good enough. The injury to strickland and then to greene really hurt this club. they were just finished offensively when greene went out

Edited by '7', 24 January 2010 - 06:20 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#225 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Well my fellow Jet fans, the clock has officially struck midnight on Cinderella. It's over. It's finally all over.
I want to first and foremost congratulate the Indianapolis Colts, their players, and their entire organization. I am rooting for them to win the Superbowl.. because (like the true fan that I am) I want to know my Jets got beat by the best. As hard as this is to swallow at this moment, I'm trying (best I can) to put the lose out of my mind, and focus on the bigger picture.. the future! Though there have been many heartbreaking moments on this magic carpet ride of a season (and today's lose hurts worst of all) there have been many sweet one's aswell. I can honestly say, I have treasured every single one of the Jets 11 wins this year. Like the little engine that could, the Jets filled their fans with hope right up until the end. This team was not, repeat.. NOT supposed to be here. They were supposed to be an 8-8 team in transition, with a rookie coach & quarterback combo, who come playoff time would be on the outside looking in. Instead we made it all the way to the AFC Championships! We finished 1 win shy of appearing in a Superbowl. One win shy in doing something that hasn't been done since 1969. (not to mention one win shy of a Division Title during the regular season)
The haters can scoff, and talk about the "gifts" the Jets got all they want. (and believe me, they beat that horse to death) However, when you lose 5 games during the regular season by 4 points or less, in the final 10 seconds of the game!?! :unsure: Let's not gimmick the facts here folks. This team could've finished 13-3 had some plays been made throughout those games. Yet still, they handled the adversity long enough to make the playoffs. And come playoff time, we lasted long enough to compete with the best in the Conference. (perhaps best in the league) To play in a Championship game, winner goes to the Superbowl? There's nothing that compares to it. That's what you hope for at the beginning of the season, and that's what the Jets did.

I first realized it all this morning. I was driving to pick up some soda & chips, and I was listening to WFAN. A commercial came on: "The Final Four of the NFL. Who goes to Miami?" All of a sudden, it hit me.. there's only 3 other teams remaining besides the Jets. Did any Jet fan think the run that they went on (winning 7 out of the last 9) was even remotely conceivable, when the Jets were 4-6 in November? :noclue: I remember the whispered conversation I had with fellow Jet fans during Thanksgiving, and it had nothing to do with the Jets having a successful season. In fact, it was more like; *Hey let's tank the rest of the way for a high draft pick next year.* <--But despite the popular belief, this team did well. And yet, as well as the Jets did, the injury bug, perhaps, stopped us from doing even more. There's been alot of talk from fans that the Jets "beat Indy's back-up's in Week 16." So tell me, just who did Indy beat today? Fowler, Coleman, & Ihedigbo? Not to mention 3 other player's on defense with broken extremities, playing in casts. (I doubt this will make as much news as Week 16 however) ;) Face fact's, from Week 1 on, the Jets never played a game throughout the season where they were firing on all cylinders. -We didn't have Jenkins for more than half the season.. -we lost Leon midway through the year.. -Sheppard missed 5 games.. -Pace missed 5 games.. -Ellis missed 3 games, played in a cast for 2 other games.. -Cotchery missed 3 games.. -Strickland missed 7 games.. -Izzo missed 5 games.. -Smith missed 3 games.. -Edwards didn't play a full season.. (tragic when you think about it all) Even Sanchez missed a game. But in spite of it all, the Jets showed how deep they are. Whether it was Greene, or Douglas, or Lowery, or Clemens, or Woodhead, or DeVito, or Feely (punting kicks in a playoff game) somebody.. anybody.. stepped in, and got the job done.
There's a core here. A core of players that are not only skilled, but young. Sanchez (23).. Keller (25).. Revis (24).. D'Brick (26).. Mangold (26).. Greene (24).. Washington (27).. Harris (25).. Cotchery (27).. Woodhead (24).. Smith (26).. Rhodes (27).. Edwards (26).. Sheppard (28).. Scott (29).. Pace (29).. Strickland (29).. Leonhard (27).. Clowney (24).. Lowery (23).... all 29 years old or younger. That's an average age of 26 between those 20 players. These guys are only going to get better with experience, as they enter their prime. Not to mention going into an uncapped year, with an owner that likes to spend. If Woody can bring in 3 or 4 more quality players to help complement the core.. there's an awful lot to look forward to come next season. This point can not be emphasized enough. You look at the AFC East and ask yourself, going into next season.. are the Jets the favorite's? I sure think so. Against the Dolphins & Bills I certainly like how the Jets matchup. And New England has gone from a 16 win team in 2007.. to an 11 win team in 2008.. to a 10 win team in 2009. Which direction do they appear to be going? For this group of Jets players to have played 3 playoff games this year. It will say alot for their development at the end of the day. There's no substitute for the real thing, and playing in a Championship game is the real thing.

Focus on the positive Gang Greener's. This season was a success in what the Jets were meant to accomplish. Would it have been nice to have won today, and to be playing in the Superbowl in 2 weeks? -No doubt. But this team wasn't meant to be that ahead of the learning curve. They weren't supposed to win a Championship, they were supposed to compete. They did much more than that. :cheers:

Edited by Beezer34, 24 January 2010 - 08:52 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#226 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

ugh.you know how i feel. I cried, not going to lie, i put my head down into my hands and i cried. We were so close, and again, we were turned down. I am in no way shape or form mad at the team, i am soo proud of our guys and the heart we showed, and will always be proud to put on my jersey, t shirt, hat or jacket with the green and white and the jets logo. i will still be back next season, and will always be there, and will always love this team till the end.
No need to talk sh!t, we lost to a better team. I think we deserved it but hey, im a Jets fan. I really thought this was our year and asked "why not us" Thanks for the good season, and the smiles you put on my face in the last 4 games. And I too will be rooting for Indy in the superbowl, i don't have a bad thing to say about Peyton. but again, thank you Jets for this cinderella season, it was fun while it lasted.

#227 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:55 AM

You look at the AFC East and ask yourself, going into next season.. are the Jets the favorite's? I sure think so. Against the Dolphins & Bills I certainly like how the Jets matchup. And New England has gone from a 16 win team in 2007.. to an 11 win team in 2008.. to a 10 win team in 2009. Which direction do they appear to be going? For this group of Jets players to have played 3 playoff games this year. It will say alot for their development at the end of the day. There's no substitute for the real thing, and playing in a Championship game is the real thing.

As long as Brady has a pulse, the Pats will probably be the favorite to win the division next year....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#228 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

to all Jet fans. COngrats on the season, it was quite remarkable to watch this team grow right in front of my eyes. Over the last 5 or so weeks i fell in love with the way the Jets played the game, but no i am not converting to gang green, i have been a giants fan my whole life. You faced the best QB in the game, and he did what he does to everyone else. hold your heads up high, im pretty sure you will definitely be back next year.
Go Blue!

#229 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

Biggest observation: The Jets season turned around when they started to utilize Green in the backfield more.

The Jets offense yesterday, died when Green left the game. I respect Thomas Jones, but he is useless when the team is playing from behind.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#230 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

Biggest observation: The Jets season turned around when they started to utilize Green in the backfield more.

The Jets offense yesterday, died when Green left the game. I respect Thomas Jones, but he is useless when the team is playing from behind.

I thought the bigger deal was Manning and his O-line figured out the Jets blitz and summarily shredded them. Give him credit, he's awesome. And the non-Revis DBs could't cover Collie and Garcon, not with Manning putting the ball on a dime.

#231 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

I thought the bigger deal was Manning and his O-line figured out the Jets blitz and summarily shredded them. Give him credit, he's awesome. And the non-Revis DBs could't cover Collie and Garcon, not with Manning putting the ball on a dime.

Yes, but if Green is still in the game, Manning is off the field and the Jets are keeping the game close.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#232 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

Not when he looked like he was running hurt himself, and it turned out he did have braces on both his knees. Considering we were missing two RB's and Jones was gimpy the second half really called for more passing (and maybe a couple wildcat runs/options as well), especially with Sanchez throwing well but the Jets crapped out staying true to what got them there and lost to a better team. Let's be honest, there's a reason they went 16-0 in games they tried to win.

I do buy the 'bright future' and all that, but one word of caution: I thought the same of the '06 Mets. That it was only the beginning. Three years later, that team is a total disaster.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#233 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Not when he looked like he was running hurt himself, and it turned out he did have braces on both his knees. Considering we were missing two RB's and Jones was gimpy the second half really called for more passing (and maybe a couple wildcat runs/options as well), especially with Sanchez throwing well but the Jets crapped out staying true to what got them there and lost to a better team. Let's be honest, there's a reason they went 16-0 in games they tried to win.

I do buy the 'bright future' and all that, but one word of caution: I thought the same of the '06 Mets. That it was only the beginning. Three years later, that team is a total disaster.

My point was if Green wasn't hurt.....
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#234 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

This team has a bright future, super bowl NEXT YEAR

The non-Revis DBs could't cover Collie and Garcon, not with Manning putting the ball on a dime.

Final Thought on Priority #1. (looking ahead to 2010) T. Jones & 2nd Rounder *for* Champ Bailey. <--a trade where everybody wins.

Denver's POV: *After starting 6-0, the Broncos won just 2 of their last 10 games last year. Reports are coming out from the Colorado AP, that there will be "many different changes" next season. In fact Xanders has been telling upper management he plans on "blowing up the team" this offseason. So let's start off with something Denver had been in need of for quite some time.. a RB. Knowshon Moreno is going to be a great back for Denver.. just not at 22 years of age. He's too green, and the Broncos desperately need someone to complement him. Enter Thomas Jones. I can absolutely see TJ taking Knowshon under his wing for a season or two, and further his development in Denver. The Jets hold all the cards in this one; reason being (as far as HB's go) Denver is out of options. The 2010 free agency pool is very thin for runningbacks, and when you have a bargaining chip the size of Jones (who's coming off a career year of 1,400 yards) negotiations could be very tantalizing if you're the Bronco's. As far as what Denver already has in-house, their depth chart there is even more demoralizing. Buckhalter (coming off of 600+ yrds) is a UFA, and it's very unlikely the Broncos resign him at 32. When it comes to Jordan, let's face it, the LaMont Jordan experiment has been disastrous. He didn't work in Oakland.. he didn't work in New England.. and now he's failed again in Denver. His career is over. Thomas Jones has 30 TD's over the past 2 seasons, more than any Bronco RB combined since 2008. If I'm Denver I'm licking my chops at the notion of Moreno & Jones in my backfield. TJ for CB straight up won't work for even swap, because the Broncos are aware that (with Greene & Washington) the Jets don't really need Jones anymore.

Jets POV: *Despite Champ Bailey being 31 years old, he is still widely consider a Top 10 cornerback in the NFL. He probably has 1, maybe 2 more (quality) seasons left in his tank. For a squad like the Jets, that's perfect. His best seasons are when he's opposite another HOF`CB. (Redskins: Deion Sanders ~ Broncos: Ty Law) You gotta believe playing with Revis will only help both Champ's game, and Darrelle's. The Jets are right there, so close they can taste it. They came 19 minutes away from a Superbowl, and they did it with 3 of their players on defense in casts, and 2 other starters not playing. They proved they can beat New England, Cincinnati, & San Diego. Yet when it came to Indianapolis, the Colts handled the Jets with ease. They did that (not with their running game) but because of Peyton. Adding Bailey to a Jets secondary, (already with Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes, & Lito Sheppard) may finally push the Jets over the hump that is Manning, and get them a Conference Championship. This Jets defense consisting of Shaun Ellis, Calvin Pace, David Harris, & Bart Scott will already be adding a premier player next season in Kris Jenkins. Acquiring Champ Bailey in addition to an already stacked Jets defense, could make them Superbowl contenders.

Edited by Beezer34, 29 January 2010 - 08:17 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#235 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

Bailey??? Really??
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#236 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

I think they'd be much better served by drafting a young stud DB out of college instead of trading for Champ...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#237 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

I think they'd be much better served by drafting a young stud DB out of college instead of trading for Champ...

Agreed.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#238 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

one of the many reasons why i hate the jets is for the ranger type moves they make. i can see them making a move like this

#239 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:47 AM

How so. I actually admire the way Tannenbaumhas built this team, especially the draft.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#240 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:14 AM

How so. I actually admire the way Tannenbaumhas built this team, especially the draft.

They don't go for the blockbuster type trades, just for the sake of making headlines in the newspapers (ala: Yankees & Rangers) but that POV is half right in the tendency the Jets have with their flashier type acquisitions. A trend that really started back in 1998. (when Curtis Martin, Steve Atwater, & Vinny Testaverde were signed) Be it Braylon Edwards, Brett Favre, Alan Faneca, Ty Law, Bubba Franks, Kris Jenkins, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, Lito Sheppard, (that's 40 Probowl appearances between those 9 players alone) the Jets go for players, typically in their mid-to-late 30's, whom already have credentials on their own merit. Sometimes it gets to be a little too much. (as a fan) However since Mr. T has come aboard, that formula has been curtailed considerably. And yet, at times I still often use this track-record in regards to future moves the Jets may or may not make. (ie; my feelings on Richard Seymour, Champ Bailey, & Julius Peppers joining the Jets next season)
*NOW... how they differ from the Rangers, is by means of the draft. The Jets draft very well (other than Gholston) in recent years. Even players like John Abraham & Jonathan Vilma that are no longer here, were drafted by Gang Green. The bulk of the Jets roster (Mangold, D'Brick, Leon, Brad Smith, Revis, Greene, Keller, Sanchez, Clemens, Harris, Ellis, Thomas) are players that have been homegrown talent developed from within.

In conclusion; -I can see why people have that stigma regarding the Jets. But if you were to scratch the surface, you'd find it's not entirely true. :mellow:

Edited by Beezer34, 03 February 2010 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users