276 replies to this topic

#41 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

Good start to the season, but the real test is Sunday. NewEngland didn't look too impressive against the Bills. Can't wait till Sunday, gonna bring the noise and hope our D plays as well as it did in Houston and Sanchez looks as good as he did also.
Posted Image Posted Image

#42 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

*Another solid game from Sanchez. Not quite the flashier numbers in terms of yards, but another victory. (and no picks thrown this week) The 'D looked fantastic!! Pressured TB all day. Kinda sloppy as far as penalties.. 20 flags thrown total. Almost identical in terms of time of possession @ about 30 -&- 30 each.

*I notice that Schottenheimer is beginning to use Washington on the ground, as much as Jones. Over the last 2 weeks, Jones has only 4 more rushing attempts than Leon, (30 -to- 34) with Jones averaging about 4.6 yrds, and Washington @ 4.1. Today, they had an equal amount of carries with 14. So much for the talk that Leon can't be an everydown back. :rolleyes:

*Also, how about Jay Feely!? You gotta go back to November 2nd of 2008 for the last game when he missed a FG. I remember Nugent used to struggle with the damn PAT's, nevermind FG's. Meanwhile Feely's hit nearly 20 in-a-row since we've signed him. Very under rated kicker. Keep it up Jay! :clap2:

*BTW: '9 consecutive quarters, of regular season football... Jets defense as allowed ZERO touchdowns! Posted Image

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#43 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

*BTW: '9 consecutive quarters, of regular season football... Jets defense as allowed ZERO touchdowns! Posted Image

And these aren't chump offenses either
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#44 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

I am ridiculously excited for the Jets this season after these two games, but I just keep on reminding myself that

1. Sanchez is a rookie, and a young one at that (basically a senior in College)
2. No Injuries yet

It's a long season, but I really think the Jets are the real deal, and Rex Ryan may just be a great coach. Certainly appears better than Mangini at this point.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 21 September 2009 - 10:26 AM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#45 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

I am ridiculously excited for the Jets this season after these two games, but I just keep on reminding myself that

1. Sanchez is a rookie, and a young one at that (basically a senior in College)
2. No Injuries yet

It's a long season, but I really think the Jets are the real deal, and Rex Ryan may just be a great coach. Certainly appears better than Mangini at this point.

@ only 22 years of age, Sanchez is a very young rookie, yet he plays as if he's been in the league for years. I keep waiting for him to have a "rookie~game" where he throws 3 picks, and plays like sh!t. Hasn't happened yet. I wanted to wait-&-see early on, despite him playing better than Clemens. I didn't believe it, after all... it was only Clemens. I wanted to wait-&-see during preseason. I didn't believe it, after all... it was only preseason. Then even last week, I still didn't believe it. After all, it's Houston. But after yesterday.... I'm beginning to believe. Posted Image

Just enjoy the moment, we're #1 in the Division. Actually, tied for #1 in the Conference. (only Denver & Baltimore are 2-0)

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#46 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:00 AM

Good start to the season, but the real test is Sunday. New England didn't look too impressive against the Bills.

...bah, we dominated the Cheatriots. That wasn't game, that was a spanking. Houston played tougher.

Posted Image -This whole fear\stigma that the Jets (and their fans) carry of: "Oh no, not the Patriots!! We can NEVER beat them!" --I gotta say, I really just don't understand anymore. As a matter of fact, I don't get it at all. Maybe such unease existed during New England's heyday (2001-2005) when they were winning all those Superbowls, and when they were really beating us every time we met. But as of late, since 2006 (which includes NE's 16-0 undefeated season) the Jets have played the Pats a total of 7 times throughout the regular season. We've won 3... they've won 4. Now again, is there some huge deferential there that I just don't see?? Fact is, if we win the rematch in November, we're on our way in turning that bullsh!t around. Granted a Patriots fan could contest that 2 of the Jets victories came against a 50% Brady, and an average Cassel. However, can't Jet fans say the same? (50% Favre ~ Average Pennington) Moreover... exactly how many Championships has New England won since Spygate? According to my count ZERO. That tally seems pretty even too, as of late.
They're not the best team in our Conference anymore, (they're not even the defending Division Champs anymore) and I can say, in all honesty... I fear the Pats about as much as I do any team within the AFC East. In fact if you want the truth, Buffalo scares me more. It's time Jet fans show some moxy. (the kind our coach showcases) *I'll take RR's Jets over BB's Pats; 24-17 come the 22nd of Nov. `New era... new philosophy... new coach... new quarterback... new Jets.

#47 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

...bah, we dominated the Cheatriots. That wasn't game, that was a spanking.

I don't think I would go that far. I'm glad we beat those a$$holes but we only won by a touchdown.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#48 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

kerry rhodes and dustin keller streaming live and answering questions, really cool.. its at kerry's house i guess lol - http://www.ustream.t...el/kerry-rhodes

check it out

edit: its over now.

Edited by nmigliore, 24 September 2009 - 07:23 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#49 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

Jets send Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik, and a draft pic to Cleveland for Braylon Edwards!

Awesome trade, now we have a receiver with true #1 talent that is 6'3 and needs to be doubled. This should open up some room for Cotchery and Keller

Edited by '7', 07 October 2009 - 09:19 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#50 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

Jets send Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik, and a draft pic to Cleveland for Braylon Edwards!

Awesome trade, now we have a receiver with true #1 talent and is 6'3 that needs to be doubled and this should open up some room for Cotchery and Keller

+1
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#51 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Awesome trade. Now we have a receiver with true #1 talent that is 6'3, and needs to be doubled. This should open up some room for Cotchery and Keller.

I sure hope so, Braylon is a game breaker when he want's to be. I'd even go so far to say; the biggest receiver the Jets have had (with the largest upside) since Keyshawn. His maturity has been questioned, but I think\hope alot of that comes from being only 26 years old. I know he's had some trouble with dropped passes, but if he can find his stride again... I feel good about Sanchez -to- Edwards this season.

Of course I said the same thing about Favre -to- Cotchery last season... and even Clemens -to- Coles the year before... and Pennington -to- Moss a few seasons before that... so yeah. -lol. Since Testaverde -to- Chrebet.. the Jets have been searching for that 1-2`Punch Combo, that can dominate for 60 minutes. Hopefully My linkTHISis it.

#52 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Can't help but think of Wayne Chrebet when I see somebody like Danny Woodhead.

...you may have hit the nail on the head 7, because it looks like Woodhead may (not only play this Sunday, but) play against the Bills as a WR?!

Woodhead probable for Sunday.

"The Jets might add a new wrinkle against Buffalo this weekend, with running back Danny Woodhead working at wide receiver during practice Thursday afternoon. Woodhead currently is on the practice squad, and imitates opponents' top running backs and receivers on the scout team. "He could be a slot receiver Sunday." Ryan said. "Sometimes you stumble into it, but he did a great job of being like Wes Welker when we were preparing for New England. We put him in the slot, and he was very tough. He really was." Woodhead the former NCAA career rushing leader at Chadron State, worked with the Jets' receivers throughout the practice, and wore No. 83 formerly donned by the recently traded Chansi Stuckey. "I really didn't want to take Stuck's number so soon, but it looked better than 86." Woodhead said. "It just didn't look right on a little guy like me." Ryan has raved about the 5-foot-7 Woodhead's pass-catching skills since minicamp, but the Jets have three other running backs on the active roster. "His better shot might be to learn receiver." Ryan said. "He could be one of those jack-of-all-trades guys. He becomes really valuable that way."

Jets move Woodhead to WR

The Jets added another addition at wide receiver during today's practice. The "new guy" was wearing No. 83. It was Danny Woodhead, who now has a new role with New York. "It all kind of happened so fast," Woodhead said with a smile. "I got a call from my running backs coach Anthony Lynn yesterday, he told me they're going to try me out there. I said I'm here to do whatever the coaches want me to do. This is not a 'me' thing. Any way I can help us out, I'm going to help us out." With Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) and Brad Smith (quadriceps) not practicing again today, Rex Ryan spoke on Woodhead playing wide receiver; "I think we're looking at him as our best option right now, if our receivers say down. There's a chance Jerricho and Brad both don't play Sunday, so he could be a slot receiver," Ryan said. "Sometimes you stumble into it, but he did a great job being Wes Welker when we were preparing for New England. When we put him in the slot, he was very tough, he really was." Ryan also confirmed what many observers were thinking when trying to see where Woodhead would fit in a backfield with Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and third-round rookie Shonn Greene. "We've got three really good tailbacks," the coach said, "so I think when you look at that, maybe his best shot might be to learn receiver. He might be one of those jack-of-all-trade guys who becomes really valuable that way."

Woodhead said he's ready to roll Sunday. "It's fun. Playing's fun," said the former Chadron State running back, who was known for his then-record 7,871 career rushing yards but also had excellent career receiving numbers (119 catches, 1,388 yards, 11.7 avg., eight TDs in 44 games). "I'm honestly comfortable catching the ball. It's not something I haven't done before." As for his 5'9", 195-pound size, some thought it was too small for an NFL running back and perhaps those same folks think it's too small to be an effective pro wideout. But to those skeptics, Woodhead can only shrug. "People are going to say that," he said. "That's been the story my whole life. I'm too small for pretty much everything." Except carving out a pro career day by day, position by position, with the Jets.

By the way, Welker is listed at 5'9", 185.

Posted Image

...a poor man's Wes Welker... a "Wayne-Clone"... or just simply a preseason flash-in-the-pan? Look's as though we'll find out Sunday.

Edited by Beezer34, 15 October 2009 - 09:17 PM.

#53 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

They wouldn't ... they couldn't ... could they?

Read more: http://www.nydailyne.../#ixzz0UU9wBz7F

Think about the timing: Kris Jenkins suffers a season-ending knee injury two days before the NFL trading deadline. You think GM Mike Tannenbaum got on the phone and started calling around to find another defensive tackle? You bet.

As of Monday night, the Jets were exploring possible trades for a D-lineman, according to a league source. The trading deadline is 4 p.m. Tuesday.

After making the blockbuster trade for WR Braylon Edwards only two weeks ago, you'd think the Jets would be out of the trading business for a while. After all, they've given up a bunch of draft choices in recent years. But make no mistake, Tannenbaum is checking.

#54 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

:(

Edited by Beezer34, 01 November 2009 - 12:52 PM.

#55 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image

----~Beezer's Augury (on the Jets season come January 3rd, 2010) -- PUMP YOUR BRAKES NYJ, IT'S OVER! Posted Image

*Jaguars - Who the hell has this team beaten? Tennessee & St. Louis!? Even Seattle spanked them. Off the Bye, Jets beat Jacksonville by 10+. --JETS WIN (5-4)
*Patriots - We lose this game... pure & simple. BB is not going to go down 3x in-a-row. (which is what it would be, if the Jets beat New England) --JETS LOSE (5-5)
*Panthers - This should be an easy victory, (especially @ home) but Carolina will find a way to make it interesting. Jets squeak out a win, 28-24. --JETS WIN (6-5)
*Bills - Homefield advantage shouldnt be a factor played in Toronto. (the SkyDome only holds 49 thousand in attendance) Jets get their revenge. --JETS WIN (7-5)
*Buc's - Revisit that Oakland game a few weeks back for the outcome to this one. Jets will sh!t on Tampa Bay.... consider this a 2nd Bye`Week. --JETS WIN (8-5)
*Falcons - I'm sensing the love-fest will continue through Atlanta. Christmas comes 5 days early for Jets fans as the winning streak extends to 4 --JETS WIN (9-5)
*Colts - Indy brings Gang Green back down to earth. NO WAY IN HELL does Sanchez outshines Peyton (in Indianapolis no less) for this game. --JETS LOSE (9-6)
*Bengals - Jets close out the season, the same way they closed out last season.... with 2 back-to-back loses. Cincinnati is just a better squad. --JETS LOSE (9-7)

I'm sticking with my 9-7 prediction for the 2009 season. This team could do great things, but they're not winning a Superbowl this year. 9-7 might even be enough for them to make the playoffs, who knows.

Edited by Beezer34, 04 January 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#56 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

IT'S PANIC TIME GANG GREEN BRTOHERS.. No fvcking way we should have lost today. 21 points GIVEN to mia. I hate to say it, but we aren't gonna make no playoffs. We played and Sanchez played, well enough to win. Our special teams sucked major donkey dick. Mayb Bart Scott can stoop running his fvckking mought and wake the fvck up. I was suppposed to go to the game, good thing i didn't, i was so pissed off and aggravated i would have punched someone.

#57 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:33 AM

IT'S PANIC TIME GANG GREEN BRTOHERS.. No fvcking way we should have lost today. 21 points GIVEN to mia. I hate to say it, but we aren't gonna make no playoffs.

...the failure(s) of this season, lies between the 3 games against Miami & Buffalo. All 3 loses were against Division teams... all 3 loses were heartbreakingly lost, within the final seconds of the game... all 3 loses were of less then 6 points. (-Miami'1: 4 Points, -Miami'2: 5 Points, -Bills: 3 Points) Does a healthy Jets team still lose all 3 games? A Jets team were Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Kris Jenkins, Leon Washington, Donlad Strickland, Lito Sheppard, (say when) are all playing @ 100%, and Gang Green's flying on all four cylinders? Probably not. But again, like I've been saying... that's football.

The only way this season can be saved going forward, is if the Jets beat all the teams they're supposed to beat. (Tampa, Seattle, Bills) AND if the Jets snag a surprise win or two... in a Week where they're supposed to lose. (Patriots, Colts, Bengals) AND if the Patriots sh!t the bed, and lose a game or two against a team that they're supposed to win... AND if the Jets can beat New England in the rematch. Lot if "ifs" -&- "ands" there isn't there? :blink: -lol. nah, not this year fella's. No way do the stars begin to line up, and everything suddenly break right for the Jets. (after half a season of bad luck)
No worse than 8-8... no better than 9-7. I'd be shocked with anything else.

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

God, do I hate the Jets LSU uniforms
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

God, do I hate the Jets LSU uniforms

same here...hopefully we've seen the last of them.

#60 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

...the failure(s) of this season, lies between the 3 games against Miami & Buffalo. All 3 loses were against Division teams... all 3 loses were heartbreakingly lost, within the final seconds of the game... all 3 loses were of less then 6 points. (-Miami'1: 4 Points, -Miami'2: 5 Points, -Bills: 3 Points) Does a healthy Jets team still lose all 3 games? A Jets team were Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Kris Jenkins, Leon Washington, Donlad Strickland, Lito Sheppard, (say when) are all playing @ 100%, and Gang Green's flying on all four cylinders? Probably not. But again, like I've been saying... that's football.

The only way this season can be saved going forward, is if the Jets beat all the teams they're supposed to beat. (Tampa, Seattle, Bills) AND if the Jets snag a surprise win or two... in a Week where they're supposed to lose. (Patriots, Colts, Bengals) AND if the Patriots sh!t the bed, and lose a game or two against a team that they're supposed to win... AND if the Jets can beat New England in the rematch. Lot if "ifs" -&- "ands" there isn't there? :blink: -lol. nah, not this year fella's. No way do the stars begin to line up, and everything suddenly break right for the Jets. (after half a season of bad luck)
No worse than 8-8... no better than 9-7. I'd be shocked with anything else.

hey who thought we'd be swept by the fish? We're due for the ball to bounce our way once...maybe we'll go into NE and win. And I personally think the Colts and Bengals are a bit overrated. Plus the Colts by the time they play us may be on cruise control. They're known to take the pedal off the metal late in the season. Also I don't see Cincy beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh again. They also have to deal with SD and Minnesota...and us which won't be easy.

Edited by '7', 04 November 2009 - 10:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users