276 replies to this topic

#61 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

I think the loss of Jenkins will be felt by the Jets in Nov & Dec. I don't see them making the playoffs.

Hoping they fire Rex Ryan and they return Bart Scott and Jim Leonard back to the Ravens along with Revis!!!!

One can dream
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#62 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:38 AM

My sister-in-law works at 1800FLOWERS. And she can indeed confirm the "chocolate and flowers" peace offering made by Francessa FIRST. I'm scanning the invoice now. Will upload it tonight after te Jets game.

Edited by Beezer34, 15 August 2011 - 01:37 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#63 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:01 AM

Heh, I read that Mark Sanchez gets "pumped" during pre-games by listening to James Taylor and other "soft" rock.

I like the Jets, so Im not hating, but I find that kinda funny. However, it is a bit better than the stereotypical Metallica or rap music that most are probably listening to, and at least its not Big and Rich or some other country sh!t (Big and Rich are the reason I cant watch College Gameday anymore).

Man, that final throw against Miami pissed me off.

#64 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image
:P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#65 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

? ? ? Manta, this is supposed to be sarcastic.. no?

One can hope. Ryan is a great D cooridinator and we developed Scott & Leonard and I just love Revis.

Its more wishful thinking.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#66 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

Excellent article in todays paper regarding "The Bust".

http://www.nydailyne...i_gholston.html

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

Mangenius is looking more like a sarcastic nickname these days.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#68 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

His tenure in Cleveland is almost Kotite like now. Cut your losses and hire Holmgren or Cowher.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

...if nothing else, the 2 best decisions this organization made... showing Eric & Herm the door.

Posted Image

#70 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

...if nothing else, the 2 best decisions this organization made... showing Eric & Herm the door.

Posted Image

Conversely, two worst decisions: inviting them in the first place.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#71 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

The D had to make 1 big stop

They didn't

same old Jets.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#72 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

How great would it have been had the Jags missed the field goal.

#73 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

Against the Jets that kick has a 100% chance of going through.

Edited by '7', 15 November 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#74 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

*Week 5. vs Miami — Jets lose by 4 points in final 3 seconds of the game.
*Week 6. vs Buffalo — Jets lose by 3 points in overtime.
*Week 8. vs Miami — Jets lose by 5 points in final 4 seconds of the game.
*Week 10. vs Jaguars — Jets lose by 2 points in final 2 seconds of the game.
*Week 15. vs Atlanta — Jets lose by 3 points with 1 minute left in the game.

...all 5 games, the Jets had the lead.. all 5 games they let it slip away. All 5 games lost in heartbreaking fashion.
I keep telling myself, this team could easily be 7-2 if that ONE PLAY that was needed to be made in all 5 games, was made. Sadly, that never came to be. You yawn, and roll your eyes during each postgame when you hear RR sound off about "timely plays" & "executing"...but at the end of the day, THAT'S what decides games. All 5 games lost by 1 play, in the closing minute and\or seconds. Atrocious! Absolutely Atrocious. RIP 2009 Season. You will not be missed. Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 27 December 2009 - 04:55 PM.

#75 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Im so upset by this fvcking team its unbelievable. I had a hockey game, and went to play, listening to most of the Jets game on the radio while playing at the rink. I honestly think i may have broken my hand, after that horsesh!t game, i have never punched the boards or anything as hard as i did today. I'm sick of these bullsh!t excuses, about a rookie qb (WHY ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME THROW AND INT? AAAAAGHHH) and a rookie coach who have made bad descisions that may have cost us game, WE JUST AREN'T THAT GOOD! SO fvck YOU, YOU PIECE OF sh!t ORGANIZATION, STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR IMAGE AND WORRY ABOUT THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD.

as you can tell im pissed..

#76 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

The D had to make 1 big stop

They didn't

same old Jets.

indeed.

#77 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

That list might be going three deep before we know it :argh:

Less talking Rex, more thinking. I don't want to hear how good you are when you can't make the plays needed to win games or when you turn the ball over every week.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#78 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

Im so upset by this fvcking team its unbelievable. I had a hockey game, and went to play, listening to most of the Jets game on the radio while playing at the rink. I honestly think i may have broken my hand, after that horsesh!t game, i have never punched the boards or anything as hard as i did today. I'm sick of these bullsh!t excuses, about a rookie qb (WHY ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME THROW AND INT? AAAAAGHHH) and a rookie coach who have made bad descisions that may have cost us game, WE JUST AREN'T THAT GOOD! SO fvck YOU, YOU PIECE OF sh!t ORGANIZATION, STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR IMAGE AND WORRY ABOUT THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD.

I think you hit it close to home with that last statement. The splash with a rookie Latino QB, the head coach's bravado ... that amounted to a charade.

I liked the first play, by the way. You can't hide a QB in the NFL. He has to make plays, especially against a defense that plays the pass poorly. And Cotchery was open. Sanchez waited too long AND underthrew it. Mathis also made a great play to pick it off.

#79 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Sanchez will be fine. Ryan needs to realize he doesn't have Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to be on field generals. Rex needs to get on the team and make them more responsible far too many bone headed errors on the Jets yesterday.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#80 Shapeshift

Shapeshift

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

Alright...what are the highlights of this year so far...?

Surely, the running game is pretty damn solid. Best YPG in the league to be exact. Jones is having a great year and Greene is showing real promise. It sucks about Washington though.
..Lost in S-S-So-South Jersey....since 2004
Eagles and Flyers and Phillies...OH MY!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users