276 replies to this topic

#121 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

In the third quarter I just said to myself: The Jets are going to lose as they just keep finding ways to keep Atlanta in the game.

SOJ.

That being said, Sanchez is going to be better for it next year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#122 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

Doubtful. :lol:

But I do believe that many of us Jet fans overplay the "long-suffering" card. That being said, I can't kill losdiablos' decision to stop paying for Jets tickets. If he's had enough, then he's had enough. I wouldn't pay it either.

Yes and no...are the Jets 'long-suffering' compared to Cleveland, New Orleans, Atlanta (who hasn't even had back-to-back winning seasons), no.

But where the Jets probably even have those teams beat is the constant tease. They used to be mind-numbingly inept for a long-while but in the early-mid '80's and since Parcells came year after year they take you to the brink of thinking they're going to do something only to fail in the most gut-wrenching fashion.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#123 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

They take you to the brink of thinking they're going to do something only to fail in the most gut-wrenching fashion.

Last year was a perfect example of that. And the 1998 team was so close before they fumbled away the Super Bowl in Denver.

I just don't like the excessive bellyaching of the long-suffering martyrs who wear Jets jerseys.

#124 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,873 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

Once the field goal was blocked, I said to my Dad it would cost them. They just invent ways to lose in the most excruciating ways possible, increasing their fans' torment. I don't know how any of you tolerate it. Even Ira who I know dating back to my childhood sounded like he had had enough. And the fans who remain loyal throughout no matter how much their team kills them are the true ones who deserve a winner.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#125 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Doubtful. :lol:

But I do believe that many of us Jet fans overplay the "long-suffering" card. That being said, I can't kill losdiablos' decision to stop paying for Jets tickets. If he's had enough, then he's had enough. I wouldn't pay it either.

Well that post last night was out of just anger and me being frustrated. It might have come out kinda stupid, but I really doubt i will attend another game for a while. ITs also ironic that the CIN game is on my birthday, and we won't be playing for anything other than pride i guess. Im NEVER going to stop being a Jets fan, I just can't see rooting for any other team. And yea it's not like we are the Saints, Falcons and plenty of other teams that havent had many winning season, i..e the lions. I kinda overexagerated with the "long suffering" sh!t.
Posted Image Posted Image

#126 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

"Losing season after losing season."?? From 2000-now, they have only had losing seasons in 2003, 2005, & 2007. 6 winning seasons, and 3 losing seasons so far this decade.

You could even go back further than 2K. Since the nightmare that was 1996... the Jets subsequently, have had only 3 losing seasons since. During that time, the Jets have made the playoffs five times.. won the Division on two occasions.. played in a Championship game.. and tied a franchise best, seasonal overall record at *12-4 in 1998.

Well that post last night was out of just anger and me being frustrated. It might have come out kinda stupid, but I really doubt i will attend another game for a while. I kinda overexagerated with the "long suffering" sh!t.

I understand the frustration in where you're coming from. You've just got to realize.. the high competitive level in the Conference we play for, is far more intense than that of the NFC. It has been very difficult for teams to contend within the AFC over the past 12 years. Take this season for example; -only 4 of the 16 teams than play in the AFC, have losing records! (Browns, Bills, Oak & KC) Now scratch the surface further, and dissect the Division we've played in over the years. (at least since I've been a fan) For the past 3 decades, there has been one dominate team within the AFC East, that manages to bully the Division.. into submission. The class of the AFC East in the 80's was Miami. The Marino led Dolphins were a machine, who went to multiple Superbowls, and dominated the Conference. Then the 90's came roaring, and the Bills along with them. 4 consecutive Superbowls, and as many Division titles to boot. Do I really need to go into who the team was of the 00's?
*In fact, let's examine the past few Superbowls. From 1991 - 2009 (18 years) there have been 9 Superbowls.. where the team representing the AFC.. is from the AFC EAST! This means (on average) every OTHER season, the team from the AFC that goes to the Superbowl, comes from our Division.

~Bottomline. - The Jets have had success in recent years, it just hasn't translated into a Superbowl Championship. :mellow:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#127 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

I understand the frustration in where you're coming from. You've just got to realize.. the high competitive level in the Conference we play for, is far more intense than that of the NFC. It has been very difficult for teams to contend within the AFC over the past 12 years. Take this season for example; -only 4 of the 16 teams than play in the AFC, have losing records! (Browns, Bills, Oak & KC) Now scratch the surface further, and dissect the Division we've played in over the years. (at least since I've been a fan) For the past 3 decades, there has been one dominate team within the AFC East, that manages to bully the Division.. into submission. The class of the AFC East in the 80's was Miami. The Marino led Dolphins were a machine, who went to multiple Superbowls, and dominated the Conference. Then the 90's came roaring, and the Bills along with them. 4 consecutive Superbowls, and as many Division titles to boot. Do I really need to go into who the team was of the 00's?
*In fact, let's examine the past few Superbowls. From 1991 - 2009 (18 years) there have been 9 Superbowls.. where the team representing the AFC.. is from the AFC EAST! This means (on average) every OTHER season, the team from the AFC that goes to the Superbowl, comes from our Division.

~Bottomline. - The Jets have had success in recent years, it just hasn't translated into a Superbowl Championship. :mellow:

Yea, i know, I just let my emotions get the best of my head, and when i get like that I dont think and sh!t I say somethimes comes out stupid.

#128 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

The playoff scenarios are surprisingly not so far fetched

for week 16, root for Philly vs. Denver. Eagles gunning for the division, will probably win

root for Patriots :puke: vs. Jaguars. Again, Pats trying for the division title and at home. Can't see them losing.

root for Houston against the Fish. We need Miami to lose this week or next.

depending on if Indy decides to take the week off...the Jets have a not so outlandish shot of going into week 17 with controlling their own destiny against a Cincy team that might be resting regulars themselves

http://sports.yahoo....401&16=55105405 :pray:
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#129 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:51 AM

The playoff scenarios are surprisingly not so far fetched

for week 16, root for Philly vs. Denver. Eagles gunning for the division, will probably win

root for Patriots :puke: vs. Jaguars. Again, Pats trying for the division title and at home. Can't see them losing.

root for Houston against the Fish. We need Miami to lose this week or next.

depending on if Indy decides to take the week off...the Jets have a not so outlandish shot of going into week 17 with controlling their own destiny against a Cincy team that might be resting regulars themselves

http://sports.yahoo....401&16=55105405 :pray:

Honestly, I don't see us beating Indy, nor do i see Houston beating the fvcking Fish. I just can't see us making the playoffs. Had we won Sunday, i wouldn't be so so negative, but now, i give up on this season, and look to next.

#130 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

"What you have here with Favre and Childress isn't a short term issue, it's a long term issue. I'm being told, if push comes to shove, the Vikings organization will stand by Childress. The way things look as of right now, it's very possible Favre choses not to return to Minnesota next season." -Adam Schefter.

Power struggles, arguments, yelling expletive(s), a locker room divided... what happened here in Minnesota? The Vikings (who began the season 10-1) have lost 2 of their last 3 games, and have been showcased as a soup opera regarding the Favre\Childress antics over the past 4 days. So much so, that it's gotten to the point of a press conference this afternoon with the media.. to address the in-house fighting. *DISCLAIMER: What you will hear from Chilly & Brett today, will be the biggest dish of lip-service Minnesota has served all season. There will be hugging, there will be kissing, and the sporting world will walk away satisfied.. totally convinced the love'fest has returned to the Purple People Eaters. Here's the problem with that: the Vikings have already made it known.. they don't want Favre to play every game. HUGE no-no for that organization, because when it comes to Favre (just ask Green Bay) there is no other quarterback that plays for his team. Favre takes every single solitary snap for whichever team he plays for.. and even the notion of that team playing someone else, will send Favre packing to the next team, quicker than you can say Broadway Brett.
So let's look ahead to 2010, to see if we can't predict who the 5th team will be that gets Brother Brett. Where else could Favre go? He's burned his bridge essentially everywhere he's played. (all except one team that is ;) ) Minnesota won't let Favre control the Vikings. (just as Green Bay didn't allow him to control the Packers) But there is one organization that let Favre do, whatever Favre wanted to do. Folks, like it or not, that organization is the New York Jets.

Posted Image

Go ahead and scoff, laugh, and roll your eye's... but just remember, (if and when it occurs) you heard it here first. Above all else (above even owning the team) Mr. T & Woody love Favre. Favre left with both their blessings, and continues to be on "incredibly good terms" (-Franccesa's words) with both Tannenbaum AND Johnson. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Tannenbaum is calling Favre throughout this whole fiasco already, laying the foundation for an exit strategy come next season. If the rumors of sitting Sanchez next year to "learn" and finding a mentor to teach him for a season are all true.., I can't think of anyone else that would make more headlines & sell more PSL's (which let's face it, is the only thing the Jets upper management cares about) than Brett "the Jet" Favre. Especially with Shaun Ellis, Thomas Jones, Kerry Rhodes, and essentially everyone who had beef with Favre, rumored to be shipped out next season for Gang Green. Furthermore.. you don't think Prima Dona misses the New York spotlights, as much as Woody misses him?
The bottomline to all this is such: *If Minnesota goes to the Superbowl, or at least deep into the playoffs, Favre comes back next year for the Vike's. However, if the Vikings choke continues throughout the duration of the season.. or if the drama heightens even further, Minnesota & Green Bay fans will have more in common than ever. Either way, when it comes Favre.. never say never.

Edited by Beezer34, 23 December 2009 - 12:14 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#131 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

jesus. and i thought my giants playoff gut feeling was crazy...

#132 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

and favres not crazy??? i wouldnt be shocked at anything involving favre anymore.

#133 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

No chance Favre goes back to the Jets. He will end his career in Minnesota. What year that will be, possibly 2017 (lol), but he will finish up in the purple for sure....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#134 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

........*W.W.W.

*Wearing the *White, *Works! You want to talk about karma, luck, & superstition? Well here's some good ju`ju for Rex Ryan to chew on... -The Jets are 5-1 this season when sporting the white-pants\white-jersey combo. Let's take a page out of the Cowboys book... DON THE WHITEOUT UNI's 24\7! Not the green-pants\white-jersey combo.. Not the white-pants\green-jersey combo.. and Not the green-pants\green-jersey combo. All White! Clean & Mean that's the motto. Make the opposing team think an avalanche is coming for them. It almost looks like the Colts when they do the whiteout. (being that Indy & the Jets helmets are both white also) Instill fear, make it the teams' M.O. They've lost only 1 time this season when wearing them, and 1 time (Chargers) last season when wearing them. Rock the White! You have to wear the away white's anyway when you're the road team, and when you're the home team.. you can wear whatever hell you want. Dallas has been doing the same thing for a hundred years.

....Gang Green White!

bump.

#135 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

bump.

Enjoy the win today, because it will be the highlight of the Jets' season for sure...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#136 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Three cheers for the Indianapolis Colts! Jet fans' All-TIme 2nd Favorite team!!

Since seeing Johnny Unitas walk off disgusted, having to watch the Jets celebrate Superbowl III, at the hands of his beloved team.. any memory Jet fans have of the Colts, has to put a smile on their face. (I know I smile anyway)

*1997: Jets\Colts. Jets win 16-12, after being the only team (THAT season) to hold Indianapolis to zero touchdowns throughout 60 minute's.
*1998: Jets\Colts. Black & Blue. The Jets steamroll over Indy 44-6, injuring an unprecedented five Colts players in the process. (by halftime)
*2000: Jets\Colts. "Aint over 'till it's over." Jets claw back to win 27-17, after scoring 24 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter of the game.
*2001: Jets\Colts. *The 1-Point Miracle. Day before Christmas Eve, Testaverde's Jets, win 29-28 on a 40 yrd pass, with :58 left in the game!!
*2003: Jets\Colts. Playoff Game. Jets eliminate Indianapolis with a 41-0 beating, as Pennington outshines Peyton.. going 20\25, with 3 TD's.
*2009: ...tack on ANOTHER moment.

Posted Image

The undefeated Colts, winning an NFL record 23 consecutive victories! The dominate team of our generation, with their 100-28 overall record since 2002.. cough up the Perfect Season in mindboggling fashion. They bench the greatest quarterback in the league.. throw a 3rd string stooge to the lions.. and giftwrap a playoff-lifesaving victory to Gang Green. (which by doing so, fvcks the Dolphins in the process)

...yeah, Christmas came 2 days late for Jet fans. Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 28 December 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#137 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

Three cheers for the Indianapolis Colts! Jet fans' All-TIme 2nd Favorite team!!

Since seeing Johnny Unitas walk off disgusted, having to watch the Jets celebrate Superbowl III, at the hands of his beloved team.. any memory Jet fans have of the Colts, has to put a smile on their face. (I know I smile anyway)

*1997: Jets\Colts. Jets win 16-12, after being the only team (THAT season) to hold Indianapolis to zero touchdowns throughout 60 minute's.
*1998: Jets\Colts. Black & Blue. The Jets steamroll over Indy 44-6, injuring an unprecedented five Colts players in the process. (by halftime)
*2000: Jets\Colts. "Aint over 'till it's over." Jets claw back to win 27-17, after scoring 24 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter of the game.
*2001: Jets\Colts. *The 1-Point Miracle. Day before Christmas Eve, Testaverde's Jets, win 29-28 on a 40 yrd pass, with :58 left in the game!!
*2003: Jets\Colts. Playoff Game. Jets eliminate Indianapolis with a 41-0 beating, as Pennington outshines Peyton.. going 20\25, with 3 TD's.
*2009: ...tack on ANOTHER moment.

The undefeated Colts, winning an NFL record 23 consecutive victories! The dominate team of our generation, with their 100-28 overall record since 2002.. cough up the Perfect Season in mindboggling fashion. They bench the greatest quarterback in the league.. throw a 3rd string stooge to the lions.. and giftwrap a playoff-lifesaving victory to Gang Green. (which by doing so, fvcks the Dolphins in the process)

...yeah, Christmas came 2 days late for Jet fans. Posted Image

The headlines in today's papers should have said "PAINTER PUTS JETS ON PRECIPICE OF PLAYOFFS!" or "PAINTER PAINTS JETS IN PLAYOFF PICTURE?"

#138 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

Posted Image

Be it Jerricho Cotchery.. Justin Miller.. Leon Washington.. Brad Smith, it really doesn't matter. We're DAMN dangerous when it comes to Special Teams. Since 2004; *We've earned a total of 10 punt\kick return's, that have gone all the way for touchdowns. That's an average of 2 KR-TD's per season.
He may be 100 years old (and fighting bone cancer) but Mike Westhoff better live forever... because the Jets Special Teams has never looked as good.

#139 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

Rollercoaster season. The year (essentially) came down to one gigantic losing streak, sandwiched in between 2 winning streaks .. We start the season 3-0.. then go on a span of 7 games, where we manage to win just 1 throughout the stretch.. only to finish up the season winning 4 of our last 5 game, going into tonight's game.

#140 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

WE NEED TONIGHTS GAME! I better not freeze my balls off for a L especially on my birthday. LETS GO J-E-T-S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users