Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

I say there gonna put us 5 or 6th place

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#3 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

Very likely because the Atlantic Division is full of sick teams with 4 out of 5 making the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons. The Rags, on paper, appear to be rank 4th among the 5. With the top 6 teams occupying the first 6, the Rags will need to battle some real tough teams for the last 2 playoff spots.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#4 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

Looks like We're not gonna see NJ up there til August 19th. :koolaid: ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

Looks like We're not gonna see NJ up there til August 19th. :koolaid: ;)

:giggle: It's the hockey news. The Devils will be ranked 6th.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#6 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

jeez, even I don't think the Rangers will be that bad though I wouldn't exactly be unhappy if they were :pray:
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#7 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

The article says that Dubinsky is the Rags' top line center, but I think he's still an RFA. Imagine how much worse off they'll be if he accepts an offer sheet.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#8 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

Rangers in 13th would be amazing, and can someone tell me why theyre trying to create suspense but releasing predictions on different dates?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

habs to finish 8th. anyone else disagree with that? i think they can pull of 5th or maybe 6th. with gio and gomer reunited i think they can make something happen there. either that or they will just suck like every other player to leave new jersey and miss the playoffs!

#10 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,042 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

The article says that Dubinsky is the Rags' top line center, but I think he's still an RFA. Imagine how much worse off they'll be if he accepts an offer sheet.

I would absolutely love that, I'm wondering if they'd have the cap space to match. Lou??? I see a perfect solution to that 2nd line center conundrum... :P (I kid, of course)

Edit: according to this Dubinsky has yet to do anything.

Edited by RSC, 13 August 2009 - 02:19 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#11 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

I would absolutely love that, I'm wondering if they'd have the cap space to match. Lou??? I see a perfect solution to that 2nd line center conundrum... :P (I kid, of course)

Id take Dubinsky in a second.

Also, the rankings look good, but St Louis will definetly make the playoffs.

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:57 AM

habs to finish 8th. anyone else disagree with that? i think they can pull of 5th or maybe 6th. with gio and gomer reunited i think they can make something happen there. either that or they will just suck like every other player to leave new jersey and miss the playoffs!

I wonder how Gomez will deal with the pressure. If he couldn't take it in New York, he'll be eaten alive in Montreal, especially when he starts taking games off. The problem with that line is that while they have the potential to be great, they are also a small line. They will be pushed around a bit.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

Dubinsky is definitely still an RFA, but that site isn't totally accurate... Stephen Gionta re-signed with the Devils, and I'm pretty sure TG said that Patrick Davis accepted his qualifying offer.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#14 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

Dubinsky's only leverage is an offer sheet from another team, which may never come but he appears to be waiting for that. That's my guess.

If he ends up signing for $2 million per year or less, I think we can take Lou to task for not coming up with an offer. I'd go three years and $9 million and watch the Rangers squirm. I think he's worth that ... or will be when he has his breakout season next year.

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

Dubinsky's only leverage is an offer sheet from another team, which may never come but he appears to be waiting for that. That's my guess.

If he ends up signing for $2 million per year or less, I think we can take Lou to task for not coming up with an offer. I'd go three years and $9 million and watch the Rangers squirm. I think he's worth that ... or will be when he has his breakout season next year.

I agree but there's basically collusion involved with NOT throwing out offer sheets. The two guys who did (Clarke and Lowe) were universally panned. If the NHLPA was the MLBPA a collusion case would have been in courts years ago :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#16 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

I agree but there's basically collusion involved with NOT throwing out offer sheets. The two guys who did (Clarke and Lowe) were universally panned. If the NHLPA was the MLBPA a collusion case would have been in courts years ago :lol:

Yeah, I suppose most GMs don't want to go there. Don't poach my guys, I won't poach yours. It's part of the bargaining agreement though. Might as well take advantage of it if you can make your team better.

#17 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, I suppose most GMs don't want to go there. Don't poach my guys, I won't poach yours. It's part of the bargaining agreement though. Might as well take advantage of it if you can make your team better.

the rangers would insta-match this offer. that's the main problem with the way it is set up. most of the time you don't even get the guy you want, and you end up simply driving his price up. if you do get him, you probably paid too much for him. the rangers actually have plenty of cap room right now - enough to sign dubinsky to a favorable long-term deal. unless they have some other wackiness up their sleeve, i'm kinda surprised that hasn't gotten done.

Edited by Triumph, 14 August 2009 - 11:45 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#18 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

the rangers would insta-match this offer. that's the main problem with the way it is set up. most of the time you don't even get the guy you want, and you end up simply driving his price up. if you do get him, you probably paid too much for him. the rangers actually have plenty of cap room right now - enough to sign dubinsky to a favorable long-term deal. unless they have some other wackiness up their sleeve, i'm kinda surprised that hasn't gotten done.

This hasn't gotten done becasuse the Rangers aren't giving him what he wants. And you're right, the Rangers have the cap room now to sign him. It'd be fun to see the Devils force the issue though. Plus, there's always the chance they won't match.

#19 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

I just dont want to read about the trap... I dont knwo why -- I'm just NOT in the mood. I put not stock in it by this time but it's still fckin irritating -- you know? they just write it to be a$$holes. I hate how in hockey it is considered fun to be ann a$$hole. I love Claude but not a bunch of skinny wimpyassed sports writers trying to spew out their non-existent chippy edge. Just shut up - dispence with the attitude and write about hockey truthfully - ti's what your paid for,

and yet there's still our uproar which only eggs them on... it's just bullsh!t and i just not in the mood.

We're redoing our bathroom. :uni: beadboard and old fashioned pedestal sink - white stuff instead of the various shades of blue on toilet tub and sink. It's fun. I'm nervous and our tile which I even have over half of from my parents leftpvers will still cost us about $1000. and we're just doing the tub! 3 boxes of tile -- why not just ask us to bend over? anyhow...

so who is this Ann a$$hole of which I write? Hmeh I'm tired

I'm here for the party

#20 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

It was a fluke until proven otherwise. I think Montreal has alot of potential to be this year's Tampa. And don't forget who the coach is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users