133 replies to this topic

#1 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:23 AM

Ok so i decided to follow the Elitserien a lot more this year than previous so i thought i would keep an eye on the Devils two swedish prospecst in the Leauge. Im going to try and watch as many games as possible and will post any clips if i find them.

Hopefully the Swedes on the board will help provide more info and any interesting new artciles through the year plus anything i miss.

As far as i know Urbom is going to be playing in Brandon for the Wheat Kings next year so i wont be follwoing him in this, so it will be Tedenby and Josefson.

So the first update:

Both Tedenby and Josefson have appeared in games this week for HV71 and Djurgarden, as the pre season has already kicked off with the Nordic Trophy.

HV71 started with a game against Linkopings HC in the Nordic Trophy, which HV71 won 5-2, Tedenby played on the third line with Andreas Falk, Björn Melin, Adam Almqvist and Johan Björk. Tedenby didnt put up any points in the game.

Josefson Has appeared in both the games played By Djurgardens so far in the tournamet, both of which the team has lost. 2-1 in Ot to Linkopings in the first match and shut out 4-0 against Frolunda in the second. Again no points so Far for Josefson but he did create some good chances in the 4-0 shut out against Frolunda.

Both teams play again Friday the 14th with HV71 taking on Frolunda BK and Djurgarden taking on Malmo.

STATS UPDATE 24/03/10

New stats for the Elitserien Regular season:

Season Stats
Nordic Cup:
                 GP G A P +/- PIM
Mattias Tedenby  5  1 1 2  0   6   
Jacob Josefson   5  5 2 7  0   0

Elitserien:
                 GP  G  A  P +/- PIM TOI/GP
Mattias Tedenby  44  12 7  19  5  36   9.58
Jacob Josefson   43  8  12 20  7  22  15.33

Elitserien Playoffs:
                 GP  G  A  P +/- PIM TOI/GP
Mattias Tedenby  3   0  1  1  0   0  12.38
Jacob Josefson   3   0  1  1  1   2  13.10

WJC u20 Championships 2010
                    GP G A P PIM +/- GWG PPG SHG SOG SOG%
9 Mattias TEDENBY F  5 3 3 6  4  +3   1   0   0  15  20.00
10 Jacob JOSEFSON F  6 3 3 6  4  +3   0   0   0  17  17.65

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 24 March 2010 - 04:47 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#2 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

wow, i did not realize that the swedish league, even in exhibition, was playing already. i know the russian league starts in mid-september or so, but damn. thanks for the update, i hope this thread gets updated as the season goes along.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#3 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

I agree pretty awesome stuff. where do you watch the games and such? I found a streaming site last year during the playoffs but Id enjoy watching some tedenby or josefson during my times of boredom :P

#4 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

I will be re-visiting this thread often.

Thank you, fine Devils fan.
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#5 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

I agree pretty awesome stuff. where do you watch the games and such? I found a streaming site last year during the playoffs but Id enjoy watching some tedenby or josefson during my times of boredom :P

Im gonna be getting most of it from NHL Torrents as they have an Elitserien section and i am planning to take a trip ove to watch a few games ($$$$$ willing).

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#6 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

You forgot about Alex Urbom, I realize he won't put up many points but it would still be fun to see how he's doing.
Good thread idea btw.
Posted Image

#7 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

will be watching a couple of games a week. waiting for canal+ to release the season schedule to see what djurgarden and hv games there are.

#8 Patches O'Houlihan

Patches O'Houlihan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Josefson had 3G, 2A in a 7-0 win over Malmo today.

Tedenby had 0 points in a 6-0 win over Farjestads today.
"I won't put big money into defenders, guys who only defend. There are guys out there who make millions of dollars that strictly defend. We don't believe doing that gives you bang for your buck."
- Ken Holland

#9 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

Tedenby also got into a bit of a scrap in the end and did some time. :)

Great performance by Josefson, putting up those numbers. While it was against a second division team, he was playing against men. Now all he needs to do is drop the visor, get a few teeth knocked out and lose that pretty-boy face with a few scars.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#10 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

Josefson had 3G, 2A in a 7-0 win over Malmo today.

Tedenby had 0 points in a 6-0 win over Farjestads today.

Yeah good results for both teams Friday.

Tedenby on the second line this time with:

Andreas Falk
Bjrn Melin
Jesper William, PhD (Very cool, must be the worlds smartes hockey player :rofl: )
David Petrasek

Josefson Got all three on the powerplay , both assists came at even strenght:

Here is a picture of JJ celibrating:
Posted Image
This picture was brought to you by skoda, keeping Russins moving for as long as anyone can remember.

Devs4Life:
I didnt forget Urbom (see the OP) he will be playing in North America next season with the Wheat kings so we should get enough info.

Posted Image

#11 Patches O'Houlihan

Patches O'Houlihan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

HV71 defeated Frolunda 5-3. Tedenby skated on the 2nd line with Andreas Falk and Bjorn Melin.
Tedenby recorded 0 pts and 0 PIM.
"I won't put big money into defenders, guys who only defend. There are guys out there who make millions of dollars that strictly defend. We don't believe doing that gives you bang for your buck."
- Ken Holland

#12 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

HV71 defeated Frolunda 5-3. Tedenby skated on the 2nd line with Andreas Falk and Bjorn Melin.
Tedenby recorded 0 pts and 0 PIM.

Yeah, what he said.

Last night was a pretty big night for Matti, the game was played in Varnamo, where he grew up, so he got a pretty good reception. He should have scored the opening goal, but after doing the hard part of beating the D men and The goaltender he shot the puck into the side netting with an open net.

He generated some chances later on in the match but he is still yet to put up a point in the tournament. That might change tonight when HV take on Malmo who Djurgardens and JJ beat 7-0 recently. Djurgardens have a match tonight with Farjestad BK.

Posted Image

#13 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Both teams just finnished up.

Djurgardens starting to come good winning 3-2, but JJ held off the scoresheet.

HV71 supprising lost 2-1 to malmo which is a bit of a shock. Matti once again failed to put up any points. Maybe something to do with back to back games.

The two prospects will face off in the next game as Djurgardens take on HV on thursday. Should be interesting!!

Posted Image

#14 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:36 AM

HV 71-Djurgården 3-2 (1-1, 1-1, 1-0)
HV71: 2 Björn Melin, Mattias Tedenby, Mål Dif: 2 Jacob Josefson.

Sounds like a good night for the prospects. B ) Goddamn I'm psyched about these guys eventually playing for my beloved Devils.

Edit: Apparently DIF has Josefson playing RW, which he says is the main reason why he's been scoring so much in the pre-season. More SOG, less defensive responsibility. Hmmm...

Edited by Marshall, 21 August 2009 - 03:39 AM.

believe2.jpg

#15 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

HV 71-Djurgrden 3-2 (1-1, 1-1, 1-0)
HV71: 2 Bjrn Melin, Mattias Tedenby, Ml Dif: 2 Jacob Josefson.

Sounds like a good night for the prospects. B ) Goddamn I'm psyched about these guys eventually playing for my beloved Devils.

Edit: Apparently DIF has Josefson playing RW, which he says is the main reason why he's been scoring so much in the pre-season. More SOG, less defensive responsibility. Hmmm...

Right wing hmmm we dont really need another Right wing, would be pretty dissapointing if he switched position, another year playing at a good standard at center would have been fantastic for his development.

Good night for both prospects though as you say, Tedenby is clearly on the more tallented team and was swithced back down to the Third last night.

The most interesting thing out of all of this is JJ is actually the tournaments leadin scorer with 7 points (5 goals 2 assists) :dance:

He is way out ahead in terms of juniors as well carl Klingberg of the atlanta thrashers (drafted 34th 2009) has 4 points (4 goals 0 assists) and Adre Petersson has 4 points drafted by the Sens 108th overall (08) (1 goal 3 assists) Tedenby is listed as only having a single goal on the Nordic website, but HV say he got an assist on the first goal.

Posted Image

#16 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

The upside is that he shows proficiency in multiple positions, which can't be a bad thing. He's been made out as a pure playmaker, but now he shows that he can score too, which is great.

believe2.jpg

#17 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

I don't think Josefson has any points or whatnot this latest game. I think anyway so correct my error if im not:)

EDIT - assist on the first it appears dunno how i missed that

Edited by CerebralGenesis, 28 August 2009 - 03:31 PM.

#18 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

I wonder how come Matti doesent put up any points.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#19 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

According to Jim Morrison on HF, the Nordic Trophy tourney is over making Josefson the scoring champion with 5 G 4 A 9 P in 7 games.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#20 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Meh I was never too sold on Tedenby, not saying I don't think he could be a star or anything. Josefson being the scoring champion is awesome though. Hopefully he can continue this throughout the season. That'd rock ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users