30 replies to this topic

#21 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

If you like the player enough, get the jersey. The fact that Madden signed with Chicago doesn't change my feelings towards him at all. He was my favorite player when I bought the Jersey, and he still is. I haven't decided if I'll wear the jersey when we play the Blackhawks, but I feel no shame in having it. Gomez would be a different story, but he was a bit of a d!ck when he was here, so it didn't really shock me when he left like a d!ck.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#22 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

I will wear my Stevens with pride until the day I die. fvck "etiquette".

#23 The Bootleg Saint

The Bootleg Saint

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Well unfortunately I got Gomez on my official jersey back in 2000. It has the 2000 patch and the stanley cup patch on it too. It WAS my favorite jersey, I still love it but hate that it has Gomez on it, of all people. Man how times change. Because I don't want to look like an ignoramus I can't quite get Clarkson put over it then either, which is a shame. But still, if you have a favorite player get their name on the jersey. Just hope they don't go to the Rangers, ugh.

I'm hoping to get a red & green Parise this year and it won't look stupid anymore! :)
Posted Image

#24 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

Whatever the hell you want. I proudly wear my christmas-tree Resch jersey, even though my mom was still in high school when he played in it. I also love to wear my Arnott jersey with the SCF patch, the "2000" patch, and an "a", because that was the best memory of my life. I don't care that he's on a different team, I loved and revered him when he was with the Devils. I got a Langenbrunner Rbk Edge jersey because he was the first person to wear a "C" in that jersey, and if he goes somewhere else when his contract's up, I'm not going to stop wearing a 500 dollar jersey.

Now, a Gomez jersey is a different story. I'll tell you the worst jersey I've ever seen in my entire life.. it was a christmas tree jersey with the #1, and it said "DOC" as the name (with the quote marks)... I think they got his nickname wrong. Uy vey. Add that to those "Stevens" Rockies jerseys, and "Daneyko" reebok edge's.. that makes me mad. Just don't be stupid about it.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

Well unfortunately I got Gomez on my official jersey back in 2000. It has the 2000 patch and the stanley cup patch on it too. It WAS my favorite jersey, I still love it but hate that it has Gomez on it, of all people. Man how times change. Because I don't want to look like an ignoramus I can't quite get Clarkson put over it then either, which is a shame.

Just send it to Exclusive Pro and have them turn it into a Brodeur, Stevens, Elias, Daneyko, or whatever.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 mebenz

mebenz

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

When it came to buying Jersey's in the past, I alway's tried to stay with getting a player that's been around for awhile. Player's that have shown loyalty to the Devils. I have numerous Brodeur, Stevens, Daneyko Jersey's. It took me awhile before i even got my Elias jersey. I even have an Authentic with my name on the back. Whatever you decide to do, just do it and don't look back

#27 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

Once I pay off some things I'm going to get a Jersey and have Oduya put on the back, anyone know where I can buy a CCM jersey? I hate the way the Edge jerseys look.
Posted Image

#28 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

Once I pay off some things I'm going to get a Jersey and have Oduya put on the back, anyone know where I can buy a CCM jersey? I hate the way the Edge jerseys look.

No stores really sell them anymore, you just gotta find someone else who is selling one of theirs, so basically ebay is your best bet.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#29 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have a few leftover blank old style PRE-Edge RBK authentic jerseys. These were "team issues" from MeiGray that weren't used by the Devils. The MGG game worn program security tag was removed from the inner hem. Brand new. $90.00 shipped! (USPS Priority Mail w/Delivery confirm).

Here's what i have left:

WHITE: Sizes 54, 56, 56
RED: Size 58

E-mail me if you (or anyone) wants one!

Edited by SJP20, 27 August 2009 - 02:40 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#30 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

I want a Crowder Christmas tree jersey.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#31 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

I know icejerseys.com has a white CCM one but there's only 2X so I don't know if that'll do you any good
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users