82 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

Typical Rutgers... everyone gets all excited, new renovations to the stadium, national TV audience, chance to make a statement against the defending Big East champs... and in typical Rutgers fashion, they lose 49-15. Some things will just never, ever change.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

Typical Rutgers... everyone gets all excited, new renovations to the stadium, national TV audience, chance to make a statement against the defending Big East champs... and in typical Rutgers fashion, they lose 49-15. Some things will just never, ever change.

:rofl:

(I know I am a lil too anti-Rutgers for my own good... but it was force-fed on me for three seasons... it failed :P..... and the smug factor is absurd in their fans)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

Crasher continues to hope that he doesn't annually spend a thousand bucks on the most disappointing team in new jersey but every year it still manages to work out that way
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

It's too bad... as a born and raised Jersey native, I'd really like to see Rutgers succeed consistently. But that will probably never happen.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

It's too bad... as a born and raised Jersey native, I'd really like to see Rutgers succeed consistently. But that will probably never happen.

well they just got this high touted true Freshman QB who could lead to something down the road...

#26 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

The coaching was highly suspect. The defense had absolutely no idea how to defend against the cincy offense. someone was open on every play, and it was the worst defensive showing i've ever seen. Our offense had 9 straight first down runs. Savage is obviously better/more poised than Natale, but the coaches couldn't see that? And Jabu still gets to play? This loss is on the coaches. There is no way a defense looks that bad if they are prepared for the game.
Posted Image

#27 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

+1 metallidevils on the _efensive showing and obvious LAC of prep.

But now we should see Savage :pray: the rest of the season, and yes, I think Jabu and Natale will still get 3 plays a game or a series of downs. They are seniors. :noclue:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#28 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

I wonder what kind of turn out there will be for the next game after that terrible loss.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

Crasher continues to hope that he doesn't annually spend a thousand bucks on the most disappointing team in new jersey but every year it still manages to work out that way

the Nets??? :P

and no I never spent a DIME on those Rutgers tickets
though I did get to see a Coyotes and Leafs game as the +1 :thumbsup:

I just got annoyed at the force-feed treatment and absurd level of smugness and over-rating of the program by it's own fan base....
don't get me wrong it's nifty that they actually get to a who-cares Bowl and run the score up on some equally trashy mid-tier team, and yes it's a big step up for a program that I've seen half their history's home wins in three seasons... but the way the general perception was from all the people I dealt and interacted with when I was there (and trust me it was plenty to avoid my GF at the time :P)... they felt they were the next up and coming powerhouse in college football which was simply put.... retarded!!! And the attitude annoyed me much like the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials do!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#30 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

I wonder what kind of turn out there will be for the next game after that terrible loss.

People kept showing up last year after the 1-5 start and a similar loss to Carolina so they'll probably keep coming again
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#31 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

I just got annoyed at the force-feed treatment and absurd level of smugness and over-rating of the program by it's own fan base....
don't get me wrong it's nifty that they actually get to a who-cares Bowl and run the score up on some equally trashy mid-tier team, and yes it's a big step up for a program that I've seen half their history's home wins in three seasons... but the way the general perception was from all the people I dealt and interacted with when I was there (and trust me it was plenty to avoid my GF at the time :P)... they felt they were the next up and coming powerhouse in college football which was simply put.... retarded!!! And the attitude annoyed me much like the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials do!

what is wrong with the Mac commercials??... I'm kidding. Did you ever see the south park episode about the people who bought the prius cars and the big smug cloud that threatened the town? With that being said...GO USC!! lol

#32 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Why is this a big deal? At least they generate some excitement. I've seen the Devils win 3 stanley cups, and they still get no respect even in their own state. Part of the positive perception is from the rutgers athletics marketing which has done a fantastic job. some of those guys should be hired by the devils.
Posted Image

#33 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

People kept showing up last year after the 1-5 start and a similar loss to Carolina so they'll probably keep coming again

yeah i had season tickets last year with my friend. He still has them because he stayed local for college, but anyway that UConn kicker saved our asses last year haha

#34 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

also, Tom Savage will be the starter next week.

#35 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

I know we were playing a high school team, but Savage was very impressive. He'll be our QB for the next 4 years.
Posted Image

#36 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:53 AM

it was good to get to a game. Savage looked good, should of thrown two picks tho but one thing i noticed is that he looks very comfortable in the pocket. looks real good for a freshman in his first game as a starter

#37 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

they seem to trust Brooks more than Martinek now or at least using him more and more as the game goes on. Joe's been struggling a little in the beginning while Brooks looked much better yesterday

#38 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Another sloppy win. Defense looked great during the first 3 quarters at least, and running game improved a bit.
Posted Image

#39 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

Maryland's looked even worse than us so far so we should beat them...emphasis on should

#40 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

How was the game today? I had hockey all day so i didn't get to watch.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users