82 replies to this topic

#41 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

fun homecoming game. stayed til the very end even though it was freezing.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#42 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

fun homecoming game. stayed til the very end even though it was freezing.

me too. we had to sit on the pavement in the standing room section at the bottom so the wind couldn't hit us but it was worth it
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#43 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Ray rice was impressive in his game yesterday. It was the 1st time I had seen him in the NFL.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#44 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

TOMMY SAVAGE TO TIM BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#45 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

how did none of the UConn players catch him? I knew he was fast, but geez

#46 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

Brown and Sanu outran the entire secondary. Did you see Sanu coming in for a block? He's probably faster than Brown, and he was just coasting at the end.

The bar I was at absolutely exploded at the end. I've watched that ending replay at least five times already.

Posted Image

#47 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:50 PM

awesome game...but on the other hand...i felt so bad for the players and especially the coach, things are really not going their way lately

#48 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

awesome game...but on the other hand...i felt so bad for the players and especially the coach, things are really not going their way lately

two weeks in a row a bad loss for UConn after the murder. Things couldn't get much worse for them

#49 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

Top 25! WOOO!

#50 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

yeah, we need to stop having terrible starts and we'd be top 15 by now.
Posted Image

#51 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

yeah, we need to stop having terrible starts and we'd be top 15 by now.

i wouldnt say terrible. our only two losses came against top 10 teams

#52 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

We also should stop playing Bogus University three times a year.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#53 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

wtf is going on today? we're getting our doors blown off by the Cuse. Is this some kind of bizarro world?

#54 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

Big ten looking at expansion...its possible that Rutgers could be that 12th team due to their academics, land grant University, member of the AAU, and the biggest market in the country. I would be all for it personally. Sure it would be harder to compete football, but much easier to compete in bball. Rutgers would be near the top as far as baseball and soccer go too.

of course the Big Ten's 1st choice is going to be ND...I doubt they accept the Big Ten's invite.

#55 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

Big ten looking at expansion...its possible that Rutgers could be that 12th team due to their academics, land grant University, member of the AAU, and the biggest market in the country. I would be all for it personally. Sure it would be harder to compete football, but much easier to compete in bball. Rutgers would be near the top as far as baseball and soccer go too.

of course the Big Ten's 1st choice is going to be ND...I doubt they accept the Big Ten's invite.

there's no way nd goes. They'd have to give up the NBC contract, which they're extending, so no dice. Barry Alvarez, AD for wisconsin, says they want a travel partner for Penn St so RU, Pitt (which doesn't have a large enough following) and Syracuse are the obvious choices with RU being most similar to the Big Ten schools. Rutgers would have to accept in a second

#56 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

there's no way nd goes. They'd have to give up the NBC contract, which they're extending, so no dice. Barry Alvarez, AD for wisconsin, says they want a travel partner for Penn St so RU, Pitt (which doesn't have a large enough following) and Syracuse are the obvious choices with RU being most similar to the Big Ten schools. Rutgers would have to accept in a second

yeah i and i think they would in a sec. but if the big ten takes a BE team then the BE probably adds memphis...What a ridiculous bball schedule that would be

#57 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

I follow rutgers a little, I'd rather them just stay and be contenders in the big east the next few years with savage than be doormats in the big ten.

#58 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

I follow rutgers a little, I'd rather them just stay and be contenders in the big east the next few years with savage than be doormats in the big ten.

I feel the same way.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#59 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

well the big east schools will have to think about it. If say the B10 goes to ND first (which they will), they will most likely be turned down. Next can come a mix of schools, one of them IMHO is going to be Rutgers, hell i actually think it would be their 2nd choice due to the money they can get from the big ten network in the NY market. The question is how can Rutgers turn them down? if they pass the B10 will most likly go after another school from the Big East. The only other 2 schools that would fit (by B10 Rules) from the Big East is Pitt and Cuse. They would most likely be chomping at the bit for a B10 spot, so what ever one they would choose would go, and thus putting the BE in MAJOR trouble in the football area, and that is what makes the money in college sports. So if Rutgers gets the invite IMHO, they would have to accept. and it would make sense

Pros for the Big ten to add Rutgers: $$$ the NYC market with the Big Ten Network, East coast exposure which means that kids from NJ (which last year had 11 1st round draft picks in the NFL) will be more likly to hear about another big ten school thus more likely to play for that school, A good academic program which the big ten take seriously.

Cons for the Big Ten to add Rutgers: not an established sports program although they are working on that it has certainly been on the upswing (not just in football)

Pros for Rutgers to accept the B10's invite: More exposure, more respect (which means alot in today's world of college football), more money with the Big Ten's revenue sharing policy, chance to land better recruits, and more of a chance that people from the Mid-West could apply to the school.

Cons for Rutgers to accept the invite: Wouldnt be a big time team in the big ten, possibility of having more down years than it would in the Big East.

And im not so sure they would be doormat in the B10 if they made the jump, they wouldnt be contenders but they wouldnt be doormats. They wouldnt be as good as Ohio State or Pennstate yeah, but after that who does the B10 have? Michigan? there having an awful start to the Rich Rod era. Iowa? yes they could have a good team, but im not ready to write them as an Elite team after one year of relevance. So if Rutgers would go bowl eligible, which they can in the B10, they would get a better bowl then then would in the Big East, unless they win it, thus giving them more money to be pumped into the athletic program, which would mean more money to the school.

#60 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

We would've gone anywhere between 5-3 and 3-5 in the Big Ten this year. There's the perception that they are miles ahead of the big east, but top to bottom I don't really think that's true. It'd still be great for the program, and I hope it happens.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users