158 replies to this topic

#1 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:38 AM

Ahhh… Week 1 of NFL Football…. Christmas Day for adult men!I already gave you a long-ass preview… so now LET THERE BE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Thursday Sept 10:

Tennesseeat Steelers:

The two top teams in the AFC last year come out swinging inthis one! Not a game either one really wants to lose…. You wanna get out thedoor going, and the Super Bowl winners have done well in this opening game athome on Thursday Night (but usually good teams win at home and teams that winit all don’t fall off the map in game 1 either)… this could be a realslobberknocker of a game too…. The only edge I give to the Titans in this oneis RB/OL and coaching… I think the Steelers got too much and the Champ comesout swinging here…

Prediction: Steelers

Game Quality: ****

Sunday Sept 13:

Miami at Atlanta:

Again another good early game that should tell us a lotabout which one of these teams is gonna keep it going this year and which oneof the two is gonna fall on their faces… both are kinda similar in build anddesign (well the difference in QB age is the only real difference point)….Ikeep having this weird feeling something is gonna go awry with the Falcons thisyear, and I think the Miami pass-rush will get in Matt Ryan’s face a bit much…not to mention the Atlanta D ain’t the 85 Bears….I kinda feel an upset here….

Prediction: Miami

Game Quality: ***

Kansas City at Baltimore:

See now THIS is the kinda team you wanna have your homeopener with!!! You bring in the patsy….O-Line issues… OC got fired… MattCassell hobbling around like Yoda in the Empire Strikes Back…no defense oftheir own….yeah this could be ugly…. I call it a coronation type game….avoidthis unless you man-crush on Leon Washington and Bernard Berrian!

Prediction: Ravens
Game Quality: *

Phily at Carolina:

Ouch… another “how ya doin” game week one… can the Eagles Dplay as good with the losses and coaching change? Carolinacomes into this game with a lot less question marks (well aside the one of thetime bomb known as Delhomme), but this is gonna be a good one to watch also(note to Lalfamme, Miami and Carolina on the two TVs…. CMON LACKEY)… gameslike this remind me how much I miss these Sundays!!

Prediction: Carolina

Game Quality: ****

Delhomme Interceptions… 2!

Denverat Cincinatti:

Well like I was saying about two teams on the rise…. This istwo teams trying to avoid the stink of the toilet… hell the Benglas made “HardKnocks” unwatchable! But I think Denveris gonna be better then people think… someone will run the ball, they alwaysdo, just because Shanhan is gone these guys will forget how to block…. The receiversare good… and you may get a motivated to get outta there Marshall now and him Royal and Scheffler arepretty lethal... not to mention like I keep harping on… Kyle Orton WINSFOOTBALL GAMES, that’s the job description people!! I should mention theBengals too I guess… well good luck Carson… just keep hoping Chad Eighty-Five getsopen, the rest of your team SUCKS

Prediction: Denver

Odds on this being our clusterfvck must watch game: HIGH

Vikings at Browns:

Welcome to Cleveland… wherever overrated meets flat-out-AWFUL…this too will not be for the faint at heart… the Vikings are good, damn good…but not at QB or WR… and damned if I can find a good thing to say about theBrowns either….I don’t see much reason to watch this game… just thank God it’snot on ESPN for the Favre suck-off would be PAINFUL…..

Prediction: Vikings

Percentage of game dedicated to Favre ass-kissing: 50%

NY Jets at Texans:

This week seems pretty filled with the “learn about teams”games… personally I think this is a MUST game for the Texicans… they’ve gone8-8 two years in a row, they play in a tough division… and they HAVE the talent and it’s about damn time thisteam makes the playoffs….for the Jets this is almost a free pass game… no oneknows what Nacho is gonna be this year (they can act like they do)… who’s gonnacatch the ball on this team? You have running, you have a decent defense, and abog mouth coach to kinda hide flaws on the team… but I’m high on the Texcianshere and like I said… it’s a MUST win (and I hate saying that one week one)

Prediction: Texans

Nacho Libre Jokes at Sun Tavern: 150

Jacksonvilleat Indy:

I’m not very high on the Colts this year… I think there’stoo much change going on there (not that I was a big Dungy guy)… but I thinkthey get a break here… I don’t think the Jaguars suck, but I don’t think they’regoing to be all that good (they are a classic every other year team)… this gamelooks interesting, but unless we have ten people there and can hoard 4-5 TVsSunday I don’t see us paying much attention here (well Mike might try with theManning/Wayne man-crush)… I just don’t think the Jaguars can keep up….

Prediction: Colts

Game Quality: **

Detroitat New Orelans:

IT’S A NEW YEAR!! NEW HOPE FOR THE LIONS!!!! It is kindafitting that the team that looked like a Hurricane ran through it goes to play whereKatrina did her thing a few years ago….It’s funny how hope springs eternaluntil the opening kick off…. The Lions are toast here kids…. The Saints havetoo many weapons all over the place for this team… and the rookie QB who lookedpretty lost from what I saw of him in the pre-season…so yeah.. get the brooms,mops and spatulas…. This is gonna be a squash!

Prediction: Saints

Game Quality: * ½

Chance of watching this game: 0%

Dallas at Tampa:
WTF, I thought this was at 4?? sh!ttt… that screws up the whole TV schedule*grrrr*, I’ve trashed Tampa (hell I think they are a bottom 5 team)…and I’mhigh on my Cowboys who for once look like they put a real winning type footballteam on the field with a stacked running game, and an aggro-style defense… andreally… if Dallas loses this game I might seriously be more pissed then the 82seconds of DOOM last April (hey look he’s joking instead of ranting about it…yay, he’s getting better!)… this better be a world class ass kicking with onlyone foot required :P

Prediction: Dallas

Game Quality: ** (1-star for homer-ism!)

4pm:

Arizonaat San Fran:

Now I like the Niners.. they’re a scrappy team with heart,thanks to Singletary’s coaching… they have the running game and a tough defense…but Sean Hill again?!?! And no WR corps… again (Crabtree you’re a moron andcosting yourself MILLIONS, I laugh at thee and the Scott Boras type advice you’regetting from your agents who need a firing!)… and here we have the team thatwent to the Super Bowl that NO ONE cares about (I guess some of it is that 9 ofthe last 11 runner-ups miss the playoffs the next year)… I think the Ninerswill give you a good fight and being at home helps… but I don’t think it’senough, and the Cardinals will try to remind people what got them to the SuperBowl last year after all…..

Prediction: Arizona

Game Quality: ** ¾

Number of times I goad Laflamme because I bought him over tothe Cowboys: 750

Redskins at NY Giants:

This seems to be the opening game every year for these twodoesn’t it? And every year it’s the same way… the Redskins play it close andfind a way to screw it up… I’m tired of the same act each year… and theRedskins are the one team that doesn’t address their holes and plays GlenSather and just throws stupid money at the problem… not impressed….

Prediction: Giants

St.Louis at Seattle:

The NFL Gods were generous to the Seahawks…giving them a 5thpre-season scrimmage, but this one counts in the standings…. St Louis takesrebuilding to new lows and this is not going to be one of their 2-4 wins thisyear… the Seahawks are healthy, good and ready to put last year FAR behind them….Not much to say about this team, unless Steven Jackson plays Walter Peyton for3 hours the Rams have no chance….

Prediction: Rams

Odds this game makes me look brilliant about Hasselbeck:110%

820pm:

Bears at Packers:
LAMBEAU FIELD (I swear I gotta go there next year for a pre-season game),Sunday Night… BEARS AND PACKERS…now this is how you start up the season! AaronRodgers… Jay Cutler…two top-tier defenses…. Rivalry, this one has it all!!! (Igive the NFL credit, the two featured prime-time games are GOOD this week andthe WWE PPV is gonna suck the balls anyway… so the hell with that!).. I think I’llbe glued to this one, it’s a close call, but I’m high on the Packers and yougotta go with the teams you believe in week one…

Prediction: Packers

Favre mentions tonight… ZERO….ok, maybe one or two but I amdamn sure the Packers are over that dopey stuff….

Monday Sept 14:

Buffalo at New England:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I’ve been laughing at this since my two Buffalo friends begantalking up Owens and his dumb sh!t (and his worse reality show) and the T.O.e.saga since second one… and just to show the Bills were effed this year… theschedule makers decide to put the Bills to sleep early this year… here’s thePatriots, Tom Brady on the field for the first time in a year… Randy Moss… JoeyGalloway… all the usual suspects… and by the way.. the Bills still can’t blockand use the no-huddle offense to get the suck off the field as fast as possible….This one might be over before Heroes begins that night (they do start this weekright?? If not FML, I miss that damn show!)… the beatings resume in New England….

Prediction: Pats.. DUH

Game Quality: * ½

Time spent on phone harassing friends about the Ills…. The wholegame!

San Diego at Oakland:
I love how the NFL made this game up to get the lone appearance of the Raidersburied and out of the way in week one… the Raiders should be better this year…can’t be much worse… but the Chargers are back and have many a reason to wantcome out take names and show the world the most talented team in the leagueshould not be forgotten, and it gives Shawn Merriman someone LEGAL to put hishands on (CMON Chris Benoit school of choking!).. this won’t be much fun eitherexcept for fantasy football stats!

Prediction: Chargers

LET’S PLAY SOME GODDAMED FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

Its OK to read the Sport page again. Only a few weeks and I can get my sports package back on cable.

How did Bernard Berrian get into the mix???
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

You're generous, giving St. Louis as many as 4 wins. They end up 1-15 this year, their lone bright spot maybe being a road win vs. Detroit OR a home win vs. SF.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#4 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

CRASHER please fix your space bar. :P
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

CRASHER please fix your space bar. :P

My space bar is fine
the text editor on here HATES the enter from word and I didn't have time to fix it

it looks much nicer on facebook :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#6 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

I am so ready for the season.

If the Cowboys lose week 1, I'm probably going to kill somoeone.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

I am so ready for the season.

If the Cowboys lose week 1, I'm probably going to kill somoeone.

Wow we agree :blink:

If Dallas loses to Tampa and the team bus didn't crash it's all over Johnny :P

#8 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

I think CNN.com is trying to give Patriots fans a heart attack.

#9 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

Why/How???

ONE MORE HOUR TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CMON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

ill be watching the PIT/TEN game tonight since by 8:30 the mets will be blown out of their game, should be a good one..

bold prediction: titans pull away with a win.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#11 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

ill be watching the PIT/TEN game tonight since by 8:30 the mets will be blown out of their game, should be a good one..

bold prediction: titans pull away with a win.

I'm taking pittsburgh. The defending super bowl champion has won the kickoff game every year since 2004
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#12 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Polamalu is insane.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#13 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

They had a huge picture and it said "Brady Injury" And then the articles goes on to talk about fantasy teams getting actual insurance policies if their star player goes down.

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

What were you guys in the fantasy draft saying again about Britt not catching the ball? :rolleyes: I mean I don't watch Rutgers as much as some but he looked pretty good to me whenever I did see him play.

Edited by Hasan4978, 10 September 2009 - 08:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 Easy Parise

Easy Parise

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

watching the pit/ten game. the announcer mentioned marty broduer when calling a play. very strange.
Posted Image

#16 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

watching the pit/ten game. the announcer mentioned marty broduer when calling a play. very strange.

heard that! couldn't help but smile :)
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
And when your head is spinning, your lungs are gasping for air, and you're wondering what hit you...
We will start the 2nd period.
--BlackJack

knowing nothing is better than knowing it all

#17 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

hines ward might have just cost his team a W..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#18 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

What were you guys in the fantasy draft saying again about Britt not catching the ball? :rolleyes: I mean I don't watch Rutgers as much as some but he looked pretty good to me whenever I did see him play.

one game .... one game :P
(maybe he has a better QB throwing to him too.....)

the other stiff from Rutgers dropped like 18 passes in a row in Jacksonville and got cut :lol:

The Titans hung in there with them tonight... they'll be ok this year me thinks B )

#19 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my Steelers start the season with a win. But Thursday night football just blows! I really wish they'd keep it to Thanksgiving.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#20 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

Britt didn't have a good game at all. He got one 56 yard catch off after Polamalu went out and Collins fooled everyone with his first pump-fake in years. He looked completely tentative, and I wouldn't bank on him having that kind of role or stats again this year.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users