#21 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

once I'm in college and not strapped beyond belief for cash

Wait...that's supposed to happen?? I must be doing something wrong.

Edited by devilsfan26, 23 September 2009 - 12:28 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#22 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

ahh don't worry man a toast is also accepted.. consider donating to the forum instead as our costs have gone up

I feel like I should have done something too. Once I get a job I'll donate some bucks. Let me know in the future if I can help. I haven't passed the bar yet, but I could advise in a strictly non-lawyer way about the law. I mean, as the name says, I'm in california, but I can might be able to help somehow other than the random tidbits I give DM.
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#23 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

Some nice work Colin :cheers:

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

I can't believe they had a problem with NJDEVS/A HOME FOR ALL FANS/WELCOME TO HELL, although the final version you came up with is actually better, IMO.

BTW, FWIW, my wife also loves your name.

Thanks, Colin... I LOVE YOUR NAME!

Thank you :D Only problem with my name is that it gets mispronounced a lot.. I say it like "C-ah-lin" but "C-oh-lin Powell" ruined it for all of us with the ah pronounciation :(

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#25 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

wow, that's pretty awesome...makes me proud t be back with you guys.

#26 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the work Colin.

The only reason I can imagine them vetoing the original brick is if someone did something like what happened to that facebook group. Promote a "Devils" website on the brick, they look at it, it's fine, it supports the Devils, then opening day, when the bricks are in, the guy changes the webpage to be all anti-Devils and about how much they suck, etc....
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

Awesome stuff, thanks Colin!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#28 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

Just got an email that my brick was just shipped USPS. Should arrive on the 30th.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#29 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

Just got an email that my brick was just shipped USPS. Should arrive on the 30th.

I didn't get that yet :(

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#30 Snookie = 9

Snookie = 9

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thats cool that you guys did that. Definitely true patrons. I have a brick myself and boy am I excited to see it, it says my name and then "My Life" so pumped. Say le Martan de le Broduuur
Me: How many beers you think you can drink and still be productive in a NHL game?
Dean McAmmond:
Hahaha... not too many.

#31 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

I can't believe they had a problem with NJDEVS/A HOME FOR ALL FANS/WELCOME TO HELL, although the final version you came up with is actually better, IMO.

BTW, FWIW, my wife also loves your name.

I could understand why they wouldn't allow njdevs.com on it... what would stop ebay, amazon, etc from buying a brick there for permanent, cheap advertisement? Imagine a bunch of bricks all advertising shopping websites or the like. The Devils wanted personalized bricks representing individual fans. I am sure they rejected a sh!t ton of website brick submittals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users