#1 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

Please let me stop after this one summarizing post :pray:

So I said he's a German Shepard - he needs a very specific job or hell find a nice destructive one for himself. Working on this problem or that problem within himself is NOT good enough. he needs an outside job -- and outside goal. He needs to be trained to make the correct choices. I dont know if that can be done. Is that what's going on?

What I see -- he has a very quick mind that jumps to the wrong conclusion. You can count on that. Immaturity. Well news flash -- his maturity will come when he's 37 - do NOT expect it any sooner. He's the dad that you wonder why he never had the successful hockey career.

I know the organization sees it... but Scott Stevens is from a very different cultural place despite making a few unorthodox not going to college choices... Scott Stevens didn't go to college because he's an artist. Corrente didn't because he's impatient. ANYHOW so -- I worry Lou wont have any patience for the kid because he thinks he knows where he's coming from. It' just not the best blend for Corrente because I suspect he's got a touch of something Lou finds disdainful knows it can be changed and puts it down to lack of effort or brains or desire if the kid can't find the work around. I hope I'm wrong - but it's a path I can paint out from my imagination. It's the only one I see.

I have ZERO idea why I even care. I think just because I can't figure it out or see anything clearly. He sucked in camp last year -- his on ice choices made no sense to me and did not mesh with what he appears to be and that confused me. But he obviously doesn't just suck because he is being given every chance -- so I have it all wrong --- but I can NOT see what's RIGHT! so... anyhow... whatever I have to just step back and let it go and get back to hockey... the season can't start soon enough for me I tell you! When is Corrente's birthday... March 17... sh!t.. I think he missed the boat.. yeah -- he's a hockey dad - a wonderful perfect thing to be mind you -- soften the blow guys and teach him how to teach -- that's all ya got there! :evil:

I kill me! :rofl:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 25 September 2009 - 07:52 AM.

I'm here for the party

#2 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

I know men can't understand this post. I accept that. But I sense this post is very intuitive and shows an understanding beyond me.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#3 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

Msweet's is the post of a highly sensitive and considerate husband. (nono - not MINE!) All you young guys should learn from this!! :evil:

I'm here for the party

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Uh, PK, we already look at your posts and have no idea what you're talking about. Msweet's no different, he just isn't as blunt about it. :P
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#5 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

So I said he's a German Shepard - he needs a very specific job or hell find a nice destructive one for himself. Working on this problem or that problem within himself is NOT good enough. he needs an outside job -- and outside goal. He needs to be trained to make the correct choices. I dont know if that can be done. Is that what's going on?

What I see -- he has a very quick mind that jumps to the wrong conclusion. You can count on that. Immaturity. Well news flash -- his maturity will come when he's 37 - do NOT expect it any sooner. He's the dad that you wonder why he never had the successful hockey career.

I know the organization sees it... but Scott Stevens is from a very different cultural place despite making a few unorthodox not going to college choices... Scott Stevens didn't go to college because he's an artist. Corrente didn't because he's impatient. ANYHOW so -- I worry Lou wont have any patience for the kid because he thinks he knows where he's coming from. It' just not the best blend for Corrente because I suspect he's got a touch of something Lou finds disdainful knows it can be changed and puts it down to lack of effort or brains or desire if the kid can't find the work around. I hope I'm wrong - but it's a path I can paint out from my imagination. It's the only one I see.

I have ZERO idea why I even care. I think just because I can't figure it out or see anything clearly. He sucked in camp last year -- his on ice choices made no sense to me and did not mesh with what he appears to be and that confused me. But he obviously doesn't just suck because he is being given every chance -- so I have it all wrong --- but I can NOT see what's RIGHT! so... anyhow... whatever I have to just step back and let it go and get back to hockey... the season can't start soon enough for me I tell you! When is Corrente's birthday... March 17... sh!t.. I think he missed the boat.. yeah -- he's a hockey dad - a wonderful perfect thing to be mind you -- soften the blow guys and teach him how to teach -- that's all ya got there! :evil:

Are you at camp everyday or in the minds of Lou and Steven's??? You've got to be kiddinmg me with this crap! You could have just wrote that he's a slow developer, it happens in hockey!

#6 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

Are you at camp everyday or in the minds of Lou and Steven's??? You've got to be kiddinmg me with this crap! You could have just wrote that he's a slow developer, it happens in hockey!

You really don't know PK do you? Stick around, you'll get used to it.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#7 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

wet blanket much??

So I was stroking myself -- like YOU dont! <_<

I'm here for the party

#8 Ivan

Ivan

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

Have you been drinking?

#9 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:02 PM

You really don't know PK do you? Stick around, you'll get used to it.

I think I'm better off just not reading PK's posts.

#10 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

It's a shame because Corrente had 2 strong camps at 1st by the last 2 sucked.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#11 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

So I said he's a German Shepard -

And here is where I stopped reading. :P

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 26 September 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

:giggle: I AM starting to wonder wtf was in my coffee yesterday... was I HIGH???? I was just sick to death of thinking about it all the sub threads and chat and --- somehow this post just ... :doh1: crash and buuuurn...... :lol:

I'm here for the party

#13 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

:giggle: I AM starting to wonder wtf was in my coffee yesterday... was I HIGH???? I was just sick to death of thinking about it all the sub threads and chat and --- somehow this post just ... :doh1: crash and buuuurn...... :lol:

I take full responsibility getting you fired up in chat. This ones on me :lol:

#14 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

I love PK but what did she say?

#15 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:07 PM

I love PK but what did she say?

We should hire an official translator. Any takers?
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users