#1 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

http://njmg.typepad....ene-to-sit.html

Forwards: Zach Parise-Travis Zajac-Jamie Langenbrunner; Brian Rolston-Dainius Zubrus-David Clarkson; Brendan Shanahan-Rob Niedermayer-Niclas Bergfors; Andrew Peters-Rod Pelley-PLL Leblond.

Defensemen: Colin White, Mike Mottau, Paul Martin, Johnny Oduya, Bryce Salvador, Cory Murphy.

So does this mean Greene is in and doesn't have to prove himself so he doesn't need to play today, while Murphy still has to prove himself? Or is Murphy the one who will make the starting lineup and the team already knows if it's Leach or Greene they're going to send down?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#2 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

I think it's Murphy over greene. I'm more/less comfortable with White-Mottau, ODuya-Martin, Sal-Murphy.

That'll be OK for now, but it still needs a trade if the Devils want to get serious.

#3 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

I wonder if Fraser will get a chance to make the team or if he'll be cut? He must be doing something right since he's still up here.
Posted Image

#4 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

looks like the opening night lineup to me.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

Dammit, I've been working on getting my Andy Greene-obsessed friend to go to the game with me with the promise that she'd get to see him up close.

I'm gonna pretend like I never read this article...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 empulse27

empulse27

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/09/mottau-to-play-tonight-vs-islanders-greene-to-sit.html

So does this mean Greene is in and doesn't have to prove himself so he doesn't need to play today, while Murphy still has to prove himself? Or is Murphy the one who will make the starting lineup and the team already knows if it's Leach or Greene they're going to send down?

I think Murphy makes the team because of his right-handed shot adding to the power play. Greene will probably be our 7th D.

My hopeful forward lines when Elias comes back...

Parise-Zajac-Langs
Rolston-Elias-Bergfors/Clarkson
Shanahan-Zubrus-Clarkson/Bergfors
Pando-Niedermayer-Halischuk
Extras: Peters and either Sestito or Pelley (whoever makes it)

I think this balances out the last two lines real well and you know Nieds and Pando might see a lot of playing time in one-goal situations, so by having Halischuk in there learning the defensive game with them he should also see enough playing time that it would be more beneficial for his growth to be up here than in Lowell. What do you guys think?
Posted Image
of Randy McKay
of the old video intro song "Standing in Motion" by Yanni

#7 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

looks like the opening night lineup to me.

Agreed. pretty much.

I think Murphy makes the team because of his right-handed shot adding to the power play. Greene will probably be our 7th D.

I agree about Murphy but not happy about greene. He should be top 6. Maybe he be trade bait in part of a package deal somewhere.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#8 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

I hope Greene doesn't get in.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#9 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Murphy's 3 point and team leading +4 in the preseason are no accident.. he's a poor man's Brian Rafalski

Andy Greene is the return of Brad B-madier
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#10 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Davison, Leach and Sestito were all placed on waiveros. No surprise there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users