• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#221 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

Well the good thing is the Devils are playing poorly and the Rangers still barely beat them.

#222 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:51 PM

Well the good thing is the Devils are playing poorly and the Rangers still barely beat them.

That's one way to look at it.........
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#223 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:52 PM

I know Brodeur has this horrible record going right now versus the Queen -- and it really really sucks -- but really, like others are saying, with Elias out and all these inexperienced guys in, and with a new coach, it's gonna take some time to get going with any consistency.

We're gonna have to lower our expectations for a while.

#224 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

I usually hate that excuse. We got beat because we got beat. Rangers are the better team right now

That said I think Marty will rebound and once Elias comes back we will be 100 times better

#225 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Elias returning isn't all that's wrong and won't fix everything.

Elias doesn't play goal. Elias doesn't take dumb ass, brain dead penalties. Elias isn't refereeing. Elias can't make up for the sh!t 4th line the Devils send out there that got outplayed by a sh!t 4th line with Brashear, Voros and a lazy loafer on it.

I'd hope you would give a little credit to realize that Elias isn't going to fix everything. I understand that. But his absence is certainly not helping things. Overall I can't say the forwards have been putrid but slot Elias into this lineup and tell me our chances of winning don't increase by a large margin.

Its just way to early to be defending this team and decisions that were made. Let them get healthy and gel for a few games and if the sh*t still stinks after game 20 then we may have a problem. just saying.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#226 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

also lemaire is clearly experimenting with the team. he didn't match lines. he put pikkarainen out on the power play. i don't think he knows exactly what he has and stuff's being worked out on the fly.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#227 koolkoreankid23

koolkoreankid23

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

I know Brodeur has this horrible record going right now versus the Queen -- and it really really sucks -- but really, like others are saying, with Elias out and all these inexperienced guys in, and with a new coach, it's gonna take some time to get going with any consistency.

I usually just come in with zero expectations. Especially with this team.

#228 steveo28584

steveo28584

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

not sure how realistic this possibility is but any chance the new pads have a lot to do with marty looking so uncomfortable? i know he made the big deal over the summer about switching brands and it's obvious he's still breaking them in. he just looks like he can't feel the puck like he wants and he gave up more than a few big rebounds. not saying it's all pads but it could be related? thoughts?

#229 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

My expectations weren't all that high to begin with, so that won't be much of a problem for me.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#230 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

He's having a difficult time but the 3rd goal is the only one you can really pin on him tonight. I'd like to know what all the haters are watching though right now. Is someone going to honestly say that he is the only reason the Devils are losing this game tonight? That second period was abysmal. The Rangers had all kinds of time and space and the Devils defensive coverage is pretty much non existent. So much running around. Its tough to watch.

News flash for those who do not have absolutely no idea about goaltending but are great at speaking from the rear. Its so obvious that Brodeur is not confident at the moment. Would you be with a new system, new players, etc? Every mistake he makes is magnified to the 1000th degree. Without Elias your asking a whole lot from this group of forwards to score consistently. The margin of error is so small. You didn't notice this much in the preseason because the teams were maybe playing 60 - 70% of their roster. Now the full teams are out there, speed and skill level has increased and this is the result. The Devils are making mistakes all over the ice, not just in goal.

The officiating has not helped either.

No need to talk like no one here is or has been a goalie. I was a goalie all the way through college (D2 Club) so I can feel for the guy, but the goals he is letting in are beyond terrible. While that third goal was certainly the worst of them, the others weren't much better. The first was a tough goal for him to deal with but for his whole career he has been considered the best ever with his rebound control. Where did that rebound go again? Oh right. The second goal? yeah that one was a straight on, unscreened, slapshot from ALES KOTALIK!!! I don't even want to think about that third one again. It looked vaugly like me when I didn't feel like working in practices.

Brodeur is great. He is a future HHOF'er, and there is no question about it but that doesn't except him from all the same criticisms that the rest of the league gets when his play warrents it.

Marty's play has been nothing short of embarresing, and I sincerly hope he knows it (though i'm starting to wonder if he does).

As far as the rest of this game goes, Zubrus was flying all night. I haven't seen him play a better game in his career and if a bounce here or a bounce there had gone his way I see no reason he shouldn't have had his name on the scoresheet atleast once tonight. Parise was back to his usualy self and if he plays like this all year he is going to end up with a season matching last if not surpassing it. Very nice pass by Clarkson otherwise a rather pedestrian night out of him. Murphy had another solid while not spectacular night. Other than those players I personally didn't see anything special out of anyone.

#231 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'd hope you would give a little credit to realize that Elias isn't going to fix everything. I understand that. But his absence is certainly not helping things. Overall I can't say the forwards have been putrid but slot Elias into this lineup and tell me our chances of winning don't increase by a large margin. Its just way to early to be defending this team and decisions that were made. Let them get healthy and gel for a few games and if the sh*t still stinks after game 20 then we may have a problem. just saying.

Game 20 :blink: Thats 40 points :doh1:
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#232 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Don't hang your hat on Elias making this team better. Waiting for an injured player to be the savior is a fallacy.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he was moved.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#233 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

also lemaire is clearly experimenting with the team. he didn't match lines. he put pikkarainen out on the power play. i don't think he knows exactly what he has and stuff's being worked out on the fly.

Growing pains, this team will once again make the playoffs. Marty will be a top 10 goaltender in the league and all will be well. I think the 3rd line will be Bergfors-Zubrus-Pikkarainen once Elias comes back.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#234 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

As far as the rest of this game goes, Zubrus was flying all night. I haven't seen him play a better game in his career and if a bounce here or a bounce there had gone his way I see no reason he shouldn't have had his name on the scoresheet atleast once tonight. Parise was back to his usualy self and if he plays like this all year he is going to end up with a season matching last if not surpassing it. Very nice pass by Clarkson otherwise a rather pedestrian night out of him. Murphy had another solid while not spectacular night. Other than those players I personally didn't see anything special out of anyone.

I thought Travis looked good too. And Niedermayer was decent.

#235 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Don't hang your hat on Elias making this team better. Waiting for an injured player to be the savior is a fallacy.

uh what. first, it's not a fallacy, it's the devils' 2nd best non-goalie, and most creative offensive player. second, elias has a no-movement clause and the devils are not moving him - unless you are just being unclear with your pronouns.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#236 NJDevil1530

NJDevil1530

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Where's Shanny when we need him on the PP he was so smart with the puck :evilcry:
Fans of the NJ Devils

LET'S G0 DEVILS!!!!!

Posted Image of Jason Wiemer Posted Image

#237 DevsNets

DevsNets

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

That's one way to look at it.........

Yeah but everyone has already stated the Rangers will be awful this year.

#238 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Booooo!!! The Devils need to step up their game. I think if they crash the net and shoot more often they'll be more effective. At times they seem to try to make passes and make the play fancy when all you need to do is throw it on net. They definitely need to work on their PP and PK. Marty hasn't been looking like himself either. On the other hand Zajac's goal was set up very well and Zubrus has played pretty well the last two games if you ask me. The Peters-Pelley-Pikkarainen line didn't look hot tonight. I would rather see Halischuk play.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

#239 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

I thought Travis looked good too. And Niedermayer was decent.

True very true. Neidermayer was actually the second best on the team I thought, just forgot to mention him. Zajac was pretty good and the goal was nice, but that whole line had a hard time producing and what production they had was mostly all Parise so I didn't mention Zajac.

Niedermayer has been playing extremely well though. He had that BEAUTIFUL snipe shot over henriks shoulder for that goal in the first and he drew 2 of our powerplays with aggressive play. I am more than happy to say I was wrong when it comes to that signing.

#240 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

That post was so wrong it was worth being quoted for all to see.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users