263 replies to this topic

#261 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

I can't believe anyone is complaining about Marty's performance last night. The goals he let in were 1) Stamkos wide open in the slot through a screen, 2) Stamkos wide open in the slot AGAIN, this time closer to the net, 3) a ridiculous one-timer that practically went from half-boards to half-boards.

The first one looks bad because it was from fairly far out, but you can't stop what you can't see. If he was a Stay-Puft marshmallow man like that queen across the river, it probably hits his giant pads. But he doesn't, so it found a hole. Deal with it.

The second one is a sniper wide open in the slot. Again. They tend to bury those. If Marty makes the save, it's on SportsCenter's Top 10.

The third one was on everyone else on the ice not wearing No. 30. Hedman made our whole team look bad, blazing past everyone down the left side then passing through everyone else to a wide open Todd Steel-Plate Fedoruk. If Marty makes that save, it isn't just on SportsCenter's Top 10, it's the top play.

The guy stood on his head in the second period and kept it a close game. Tampa should have had five or six, easily, going into the third. Thank Marty and his 41 saves for giving Greene's baseball play in the waning seconds a chance to happen and actually mean something.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#262 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

I can't believe anyone is complaining about Marty's performance last night. The goals he let in were 1) Stamkos wide open in the slot through a screen, 2) Stamkos wide open in the slot AGAIN, this time closer to the net, 3) a ridiculous one-timer that practically went from half-boards to half-boards.

The first one looks bad because it was from fairly far out, but you can't stop what you can't see. If he was a Stay-Puft marshmallow man like that queen across the river, it probably hits his giant pads. But he doesn't, so it found a hole. Deal with it.

The second one is a sniper wide open in the slot. Again. They tend to bury those. If Marty makes the save, it's on SportsCenter's Top 10.

The third one was on everyone else on the ice not wearing No. 30. Hedman made our whole team look bad, blazing past everyone down the left side then passing through everyone else to a wide open Todd Steel-Plate Fedoruk. If Marty makes that save, it isn't just on SportsCenter's Top 10, it's the top play.

The guy stood on his head in the second period and kept it a close game. Tampa should have had five or six, easily, going into the third. Thank Marty and his 41 saves for giving Greene's baseball play in the waning seconds a chance to happen and actually mean something.

And dont forget the 1st period poke check against Malone who was ALL over Marty all night.
It's the whiskey talking.

#263 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, seeing Smith's failed poke check in the shootout was amusing after that. The poke check only works when the attacker doesn't see it coming (or he gets in close enough that he can't react, but most pros don't do that).
Posted Image

#264 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Yeah but see - we expect him to kick it out like he almost did! :giggle: when his legs went flying up I thought No you dope you're too late now! WTF kind of unreal expectation is that? :lol: How lucky are we? He's set a really high expectation - my second thought was that I actually love that my first thought was that he should have gotten it... I just thought how every game we see INSANE-- I mean just insane saves from the man.

That's why I too get grumpy when people honestly think he should be traded because he may have lost a step. losing a step for him... it's like -- I can't even say he enters Luongo or Turco territory because he's STILL above them... :yea: we are SOOO lucky.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users